• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Somehow I think that it's mostly her husband deciding what their apartment should look like. I mean, he pays for it too, right? Like the coffee machine debate - in the end he'll win. Maybe Taylor even thinks she likes the style but in reality she doesn't. That's what these kind of relationships do to you

I 100% agree. This apartment does not look anything like her style. While her kawaii style in Japan may have been an extreme phase, it's clear she likes cute things. I mean she even keeps putting colorful flowers around in that concrete house so it's clear it's too cold for her too. They had a feature in the HK tatler (or whatever this magazine was called, i don't remember) and I think they hired the interior designer and made the house that way exactly because they wanted to have a fashionable house which could be shown off in a magazine and to rich friends. I am sure this is because of Tom. After all, we know he likes to show off with expensive toys, cars and clothes. 

Edited by johanna

Posted

I enjoyed the christmas sweater look with the ribbon in her hair. I get that her style has changed, but I miss the old style. Even as she transitioned from cute to more casual, street wear (or whatever it's called, I'm truly no fashion expert :)), she wore color more and back in her Japanese apartment everything looked so nice in that apartment.

Also, I recently watched one of Sharla's vlogmas things (the one about her apartment, because it sounded interesting) and she also has a pseudo-concrete wall. But weirdly it still looks warm and homey, while Taylor's super cool huge apartment kinda doesn't. I don't know. Is she losing her style?

The furnishing and decorating for sure has a lot to do with it. I also clicked on that video because I was interested and if I remember correctly she had browns and more warm tones and from what I've seen on Taylor's (and remember) it's just all white and grey and such

Posted (edited)

Maybe they did some kind of agreement that Hong Kong house would be more Tom's style and Canada house Taylor's style. The Canada one didn't seem so cold as far as I can remember. 

It would be better to mix their styles in some way, or to have an office for each one where they can totally decide the decoration.

Their first apartment was simpler but cozy, the second one was colder with the grey but still nice big and beautiful, but the third one in HK looks like a jail.

Edited by Lily Sand

Posted (edited)

I enjoyed the christmas sweater look with the ribbon in her hair. I get that her style has changed, but I miss the old style. Even as she transitioned from cute to more casual, street wear (or whatever it's called, I'm truly no fashion expert :)), she wore color more and back in her Japanese apartment everything looked so nice in that apartment.

Also, I recently watched one of Sharla's vlogmas things (the one about her apartment, because it sounded interesting) and she also has a pseudo-concrete wall. But weirdly it still looks warm and homey, while Taylor's super cool huge apartment kinda doesn't. I don't know. Is she losing her style?

Unfortunately that style is becoming super popular here in Japan too...when I was looking for an apt this time last year most of the decently priced, central apts had this horrid SINGLE concrete wall. It looks horrid.

I can't stand Taylor and Tom's place, personally. Like I love "luxury" if we're talking about The Bellagio or Versailles, opulent luxury. But today's luxury is just so cheap looking to me. Like...I know their apt costs a fortune but to me it doesn't look like it; it looks like a cheap loft in downtown L.A. because of the vibe. The open bathtub thing creeps me out every time, their bedroom is super cramped with zero privacy....I mean their office is inside their bedroom which if you're rich you have a nice room that's an actual office....the fact that they don't seem to have any other rooms makes me wonder if they even have other bathrooms? if they really have kids it will kind of be a nightmare for the 2 of them to have nothing to enclose themselves in. Do the kids pee in front of their parents in that open bathroom? I would feel constantly anxious in that dark, cold open space. :( Imagine paying that much and not being able to pee in peace. The pantry Tom posted on his Instagram also looks like the whole right wall is getting eaten by mold..

I also don't like Taylor's style since she moved on from kawaii. Not saying she had to do kawaii into her 40s but to go from something with a lot of personal style to wearing whatever is on the H&M store mannequin...I mean she always had a bland personality but the clothes and her interests made up for it. Now she even LOOKS bland. I hope she finds herself again..I find her brand to be just as bland tbh but it's a good endeavor for her.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

Unfortunately that style is becoming super popular here in Japan too...when I was looking for an apt this time last year most of the decently priced, central apts had this horrid SINGLE concrete wall. It looks horrid.

I can't stand Taylor and Tom's place, personally. Like I love "luxury" if we're talking about The Bellagio or Versailles, opulent luxury. But today's luxury is just so cheap looking to me. Like...I know their apt costs a fortune but to me it doesn't look like it; it looks like a cheap loft in downtown L.A. because of the vibe. The open bathtub thing creeps me out every time, their bedroom is super cramped with zero privacy....I mean their office is inside their bedroom which if you're rich you have a nice room that's an actual office....the fact that they don't seem to have any other rooms makes me wonder if they even have other bathrooms? if they really have kids it will kind of be a nightmare for the 2 of them to have nothing to enclose themselves in. Do the kids pee in front of their parents in that open bathroom? I would feel constantly anxious in that dark, cold open space. :( Imagine paying that much and not being able to pee in peace. The pantry Tom posted on his Instagram also looks like the whole right wall is getting eaten by mold..

I also don't like Taylor's style since she moved on from kawaii. Not saying she had to do kawaii into her 40s but to go from something with a lot of personal style to wearing whatever is on the H&M store mannequin...I mean she always had a bland personality but the clothes and her interests made up for it. Now she even LOOKS bland. I hope she finds herself again..I find her brand to be just as bland tbh but it's a good endeavor for her.

From what I’ve seen they have open space kitchen with dining table connected with living room, one guest bedroom, one master bedroom with office space for Taylor, separate Tom’s office and one bathroom plus rooftop terrace. 

I don’t hate their style, but I think they missed its potential. It also misses personal touch in my opinion. Only decor I’ve seen was Tom’s posters and that stupid golden mouse statue, there’s nothing saying ‘Taylor’. 
On top of that it’s weird to me that as a couple trying to conceive they didn’t take their child plan into consideration when they worked with the designer. I realize they have enough money to change the guest room into a baby room if needed, but most of the people I know (myself including) left the baby room empty/used it as a storage room until they are pregnant, but then again no one I know can spend 4000 euro for a coffee machine when they feel like.

Its just a sad place to me. 

Posted

lollll

miu-cw-bucky-is-the-only-bucky-wintercap

Posted

To her credit, Taylor does that face 50% because she thinks it's funny and 50% to "prove" she can still move her face and to dispel the botox rumours.

Posted

To her credit, Taylor does that face 50% because she thinks it's funny and 50% to "prove" she can still move her face and to dispel the botox rumours.

it's so funny. it proves the opposite. 

Posted

I wonder when Taylor will find a new personality other than the whole 'I modeled in Japan' thing. I feel like she keeps trying to milk it when the girl hasn't *really* modeled in over 2 years? You can't call yourself a model forever Taylor. I'm sorry but this video would have been way more relevant when she was still living in Japan and actually still modeling. It feels like a day late and a dollar short.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 8.08.39 AM.png

Posted (edited)

Hasn't she made this video before????

Why are her lips soooo lumpy

Screen_Shot_2020-01-19_at_9.42.50_AM.thu

Edited by girlblunder

Posted

I think I'm going to be in the minority, but I liked this video. When I saw it was 30 minutes long I thought I wouldn't make it through, but it held my interest. She read from her diary from her first time in Japan and embellished it with her stories and memories. Some of it, especially at the beginning, was a rehash of stuff she's talked about before (maybe all of it was? I haven't watched all her vids), but I thought it was interesting to hear her first hand reflections from when she was young. 

On another note, her cheeks in that hair transformation vid on Instagram are off the chipmonk charts.

Posted

does anyone know if she still edits her own videos? 

Posted

she's had surgery done. the one where they cut out part of your lips and make it heart shaped.

Posted

Definitely lip fillers. A lot of people who get lip fillers have those lumps in their lips. Kylie Jenner is the best example.

Posted

she's had surgery done. the one where they cut out part of your lips and make it heart shaped.

Definitely think so, too. But it's been ages, she's had those lips for as long as I can remember. But I guess the lumpy-ness is because of fillers :alpacadone: