• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

I posted in the wrong thread lol but was wondering that girl with shot hair who's in a lot of Taylor's videos, is that her assistant? in the "how I became the most beautiful woman in the world" that girl was rude....like it might be their humor but she kept on saying "you're so annoying like this, this is so annoying" was really rude. Like if I had a job I would NEVER say that to my manager no matter Youtuber or not. (if she IS her assistant)

Yeah, Nathalie is her assistant and camera person, though I think Taylor has another person for the camera now since people became fond of Nat so she's in other video's as well. So she has an extra camera person for when she wants Nat to be in the vid.
I completely agree, maybe it's just banter between friends but I would be very conscious around the person writing my paycheck and wouldn't disrespect her on camera like that, even if we were friends. I would keep it off camera if I knew she truly didn't mind and thought it was funny.

Posted

Yeah, Nathalie is her assistant and camera person, though I think Taylor has another person for the camera now since people became fond of Nat so she's in other video's as well. So she has an extra camera person for when she wants Nat to be in the vid.
I completely agree, maybe it's just banter between friends but I would be very conscious around the person writing my paycheck and wouldn't disrespect her on camera like that, even if we were friends. I would keep it off camera if I knew she truly didn't mind and thought it was funny.

Natalie

Posted

Taylor's new video about TOAT. It's a good video I enjoyed it

Posted

Video was OK, but I couldn’t look at her puffy cheeks - the talking part was weird to watch considering in different shots she didn’t seem to be so botched.

What I don’t get is the so called business. The moment I heard ‘one size’ I could only imagine those small stores with cheap no brand fashion. In my area you can get things easily below 100 HKD which is around 10 USD. Of course there’s more expensive one, but nothing close to her prices. She just slams her tag over those clothes, marks up her prices to ridiculous ones - no way I’m paying nearly 300 HKD for a basic long sleeve where she doesn’t even know her supplier and their sourcing policy. You can get the same stuff In Uniqlo for half the price. 

But of course some of her fans jumped on the wagon of ‘business Taytay’ - good for her but I feel sorry for them once they realize they are on more expensive Aliexpress or some other Yes.

Not to be all negative - love the recipe section, probably the best done section on her blog.

Posted

As someone who builds websites, I hate the design route she went with it. She is also going to run into a lot of issues with site loading times with all these huge photos being unoptimized.

Posted

As someone who builds websites, I hate the design route she went with it. She is also going to run into a lot of issues with site loading times with all these huge photos being unoptimized.

Not sure how to spoiler on mobile, and haven't watched the video, but hello fellow web developer. 

Posted

I felt it was fine when you hit the first page but once you start scrolling, it's a mess

I have mix feelings because it's Taylor...she will get bored with it or not keep up with it. I hope I'm wrong for her sake but honestly she has nothing to lose. 

Posted

Now that TOAT is launched and stuff, maybe it should get its own section...

Posted

I wonder how it plays out in the long run, considering Taylor's track record of not finishing what she starts. But then again, maybe this will actually help her improve :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I liked her last 2 videos so far, I wish she would do more like this tbh

Posted

It kinda bothered me how she didn‘t seem to wash her hair all week (probably because she could hide under the wigs). So greasy.... 

I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, most people I know do. Overwashing your hair is so bad for you unless you have a greasy scalp. There's nothing wrong with it.

Posted

So I didn’t watch the whole video of her explaining her “business” buuuuut from what I watched it sounds like her business is buzzfeed?

Posted

So I didn’t watch the whole video of her explaining her “business” buuuuut from what I watched it sounds like her business is buzzfeed?

It's a lifestyle business with blogs,tips,travel recommendations in Hong Kong and selling clothing that looks like it came from Uniqlo but pricey. 

I also don't know her Target audience since most of her viewers wouldn't be able to buy it. 

Posted

I was really happy to see her modelling again because she really is good at it, but in her ‘talking to the camera’ scenes it’s so obvious how puffy her face is compared to the old footage and it’s pretty jarring. Overall though the video was interesting, but with her being located in HK it seems a lot easier compared to setting up a business in the West (re: suppliers, plus having her husband lend his staff and skills)

Posted

It's a lifestyle business with blogs,tips,travel recommendations in Hong Kong and selling clothing that looks like it came from Uniqlo but pricey. 

I also don't know her Target audience since most of her viewers wouldn't be able to buy it. 

Would be able to buy if saved. I hate the mentality of everything has to be cheap. Materials cost, people who sew these clothes have to get paid properly.