• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8999 posts in this topic

Posted

Why does Taylor still pretend to be gluten-intolerant? She's eaten pineapple buns and other foods with gluten on her channel...

Posted

Why does Taylor still pretend to be gluten-intolerant? She's eaten pineapple buns and other foods with gluten on her channel...

unless you suffer from severe intolerances or celiac, you are able to eat food with gluten sometimes lol you just gotta do it in moderation.

I don't know a single gluten intolerant person that doesnt have a bit here and there except for my two friends with celiac 

Posted

unless you suffer from severe intolerances or celiac, you are able to eat food with gluten sometimes lol you just gotta do it in moderation.

I don't know a single gluten intolerant person that doesnt have a bit here and there except for my two friends with celiac 

I have celiac and it's always bothered me how Taylor pretends to have gluten intolerance. In my own experience, I've known A LOT of people that pretend to have food intolerances to mask eating disorders. I'm assuming she's self-diagnosed and her "intolerance" consists of "bloating" or "just not feeling well." Yes, people can have real issues, but as someone with a real issue, I don't believe anyone unless they've been diagnosed by a doctor. And clearly, Taylor follows naturopath BS, not real doctors (as seen in all the videos about her skin). 

Posted

I have celiac and it's always bothered me how Taylor pretends to have gluten intolerance. In my own experience, I've known A LOT of people that pretend to have food intolerances to mask eating disorders. I'm assuming she's self-diagnosed and her "intolerance" consists of "bloating" or "just not feeling well." Yes, people can have real issues, but as someone with a real issue, I don't believe anyone unless they've been diagnosed by a doctor. And clearly, Taylor follows naturopath BS, not real doctors (as seen in all the videos about her skin). 

Not to mention the misinformation she spread surrounding birth control. That still makes me real cranky.

Posted

I watched safyia's McDonald's video. I'm laughing at how much Natalie outshined Taylor in this video. 

Posted

I watched safyia's McDonald's video. I'm laughing at how much Natalie outshined Taylor in this video. 

ita clear safiya liked natalie more 

Posted

A simple google search will tell you that gluten intolerance is a thing, a common thing at that. I don’t know if Taylor herself is pretending or not but it’s not something we should jump to conclusions about. The only difference between gluten intolerance and celiac is that celiac damages the lining of the small intestine. People with gluten intolerance suffer real immune reactions to products with gluten and it’s up to them if they want to deal with the consequences of eating gluten sometimes or not. Just because you have it worse with your celiac doesn’t mean you get to decide who has “real” intolerances and who doesn’t lol. 

I have a severe intolerance to onion (confirmed by my doctor and allergy expert!) and onion happens to be in everything. I feel a lot of pain when I eat it but sometimes I suffer thru it if the food tastes good. That doesn’t mean I’m faking it lmao

Posted

same, just watched it. Natalie dressed so beautifully! Taylor dressed kind of like she was going gardening... She looked lost and anxious

Posted (edited)

There is a difference between being  gluten sensitive and completly gluten intolerant. People often mix it, but of course if you are already sensitive you should stop or eat it so less as possible.

Even if you are intolerant it is possible that you wouldn't feel it instantly if you take a few bites especialy if you had a long break eating them. It also depends about the gluten level of the product. Cheap wheat is worst whereas organic spelt long risen traditional backed is less problematic. But still the more gluten you eat the more bad for your health. 

In central europe 25% of the population have the genes but only few percentage develop it in life time. Compared to older days the percentage grows because we eat from the oungest age way too much very cheap overbreed(?) unnatural wheat for decades. Most of the bread has not the quality it had 60 years ago and before.

If you have already a tendacy being intolerant to something and don't switch to a general interstine friendly nutrition it is possible you will develop more intolerances allergies and other interstine problems.

And clearly, Taylor follows naturopath BS, not real doctors (as seen in all the videos about her skin)

For me it seems the opposite. The doctor seems way more hollistic as typical the western dermatologist for the masses with only cortisone and synthetic hormones aka birth control bill for skin problems most of the time. Lots of people have skin problems because of eating wrong (too much sugar, too much milk products, too much carbs or unkown allergy) and having hormone imbalances (often linked as well to wrong lifestyle choices especially not enough god fats and high-density lipoprotein).

Even if it is not about lifestyle choices there are still so much more possibilities like bioidentical hormon-like products and not the cheap synthetic ones. Also it can be up to two years till the body is again in natural regulation after BC pills. In lots of asian countries the content in doctor education has been always more hollistic and not so strictly seperated in pharmaceutics and naturopathy at least in older days and it is sensible. In the west such doctors are part of the functional medicine or similar networks and they have to train themselv extra beside the normal education path.

I find it a bit insolent that so many rush to claim wrong-information-in-my-country-they-do-it-the-other-way she-is-worng instead of thinking I-never-heard-of-it-mabye-I-should-reasearch-about-it. The whole health sector is incredible corrupted and it is ridicioulus how even in the west even only europe doctor education conent and approved treatment differs extremly. How even some acknowledged diseases by the WHO are completly not approved simply non existend.

And before now many grump nah-not-true-want-facts-and-studies it is all out there and maybe not easy in the beginning to find but also not that impossible. Usually people only starts dig deep enough when terribly ill like myself. All what I have written I experienced first hand and maybe some feel inspired to reasearch more being affected themselves. If not also okay.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

There is a difference between being  gluten sensitive and completly gluten intolerant. People often mix it, but of course if you are already sensitive you should stop or eat it so less as possible.

Even if you are intolerant it is possible that you wouldn't feel it instantly if you take a few bites especialy if you had a long break eating them. It also depends about the gluten level of the product. Cheap wheat is worst whereas organic spelt long risen traditional backed is less problematic. But still the more gluten you eat the more bad for your health. 

She herself made a huge deal out of her "gluten intolerance" (her words, not mine) UNTIL she decided to capitalize on interest in HK food and do a Bourdain-esque series. People in her life had to constantly cater to her gluten-free diet (special restaurants, meals, etc ) and so it seems like a smack in the face to see her eating gluten on her channel without any disclaimer. It is a little like her vegan phase (when she called milk "another animal's pus" and eggs "periods" in a derogatory way, and then ended up eating those very things with abandon). It is weird and hypocritical. I don't care what Taylor eats. It is the fact that people catered to her special diets until she just decided to stop them. I'd like a video on her alleged gluten intolerance, honestly. Does it come and go?

Posted

Tbh I wouldn't care so much about her vegan phase (similarly with Sharla) if she took the time to educate herself on how veganism does more bad than good if you don't research into the products you're buying. The environmental & human cost of the vegan fad is ridiculous, like quinoa is ruining the diets in a lot of South American countries because of the increase in price means the local population can't afford it, or the water cost of making almond milk makes it increasingly a monoculture in California as farmers are ripping up their oranges/ lemons in order to plant almonds due to the demand, in a state known for its water shortage.

So, idk, if she made even an off handed comment about why she isn't vegan or gluten free or whatever anymore, then I'd have far more respect for her than I do. She pretty much just reminds me of the type of celeb who'll support PETA despite their shitty practices and lack of genuine care for animals/ the environment. It's all just a fad to chase and it's all just lip service.

Posted

new video

Posted

new video

Sooooo,,, is anybody feeling like watching the whole vid and summarizing every dumb part? I've stopped watching her videos for a long time now.

Also, Elbow-san in the thumbnail gives me headache... he's got more hair than face. In a bad way

Posted

I tried watching her video but clicked out after a few minutes. She really is copying Safiya's video editing style, it's so OBVIOUS and it just pissed me off. Also, the video intro was just too long and annoying. Like... eh. Meh. I'd pass.

However, she looks good, her new hairstyle suits her well, and her mom just eating cheese, bread, and pasta is just... eh.

And the hotel was gorgeous. Really.

Posted

Sooooo,,, is anybody feeling like watching the whole vid and summarizing every dumb part? I've stopped watching her videos for a long time now.

Also, Elbow-san in the thumbnail gives me headache... he's got more hair than face. In a bad way

Copy the style of safiya videos with tourism and facts and things that should be funny but arent