• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly at this point I would be more interested in her content if she moved to Paris. I've mentioned this before but I miss her out and about vlogs. If she refuses to go out in HK maybe France would be a nice change of pace? I'm tired of these "weird life hack" videos that kind of started in the gray Japan house. Who knows she might be more inspired to do runway fashion content too, I liked that as well. (Am I aware that Taylerrrrrrr might come out again, unfortunately yes ūüėā)

Posted

Honestly at this point I would be more interested in her content if she moved to Paris. I've mentioned this before but I miss her out and about vlogs. If she refuses to go out in HK maybe France would be a nice change of pace? I'm tired of these "weird life hack" videos that kind of started in the gray Japan house. Who knows she might be more inspired to do runway fashion content too, I liked that as well. (Am I aware that Taylerrrrrrr might come out again, unfortunately yes ūüėā)

That would be great but how can that ever happen? They bought houses in Canada and Hong Kong. I don't think they're now planning to move to yet another continent. And neither of them speaks French. (ok, idk about ew-san but i suspect he doesn't, since English is already hard enough for him). So I don't think that's gonna happen.

I just wish she gets into a better mental space. Because comparing the videos I liked to the current ones the main difference is her enthusiasm. Her old videos were actually kind of about nothing, just life in Japan. But because she was happier, her videos were more enjoyable to watch. Now I can see her depression and desperation to do well and achieve everything she thinks she has to achieve. I say that again, but I think the root of all these problems is ew-san. I disliked him from the very first moment he appeared and i dislike him even more now. She used to be happy in her weebo chill life and now she tries to be a big deal youtuber, a business woman and a mother while living in a foreign place she lives in only because of her controlling husband. 

I know everyone decides for themselves who they want to be with and she claims they're so in love. But the deterioration of her mental health in the last few years speaks for itself. 

Sorry for the rant. 

Posted (edited)

She gaining subs because of her collab. Her sub is going up when Safiya posted her video and shared Taylors youtube channel link.  She lost 72 subs before she uploaded her video with Safiya...

Her subs count before and after Safiya posted wow xD  

4b422cd26f00d17cac61a8ded8c17356.png

Edited by Kwaix
oops

Posted

When 30 year old woman (Taylor) doesn‚Äôt understand personal space or consent.¬†The woman said ‚ÄúNo‚Ä̬†and she still did it

20BF21C8-9037-4DA4-8CE5-15776EAE6AE9.png

DD97554F-9807-4B28-988E-5FEB7EFC8CED.png

Posted

As a native Frenchie I don't think Taylor would fare well there because French people hate people who don't speak French in France. I hear it's gotten better but most people will just pretend not to speak English even if they do just to be assholes because they don't like tourists. Taylor MAY have to learn a second language....

Honestly I think she should go back to Canada for a while, I mean they have a house there and she seems so upset about her grandpa you'd think she'd want to enjoy the time with her grandma. I'm surprised she's staying in HK I assume it's because of ew-san but I mean he doesn't have to go with her. >.>

I just wish she gets into a better mental space. Because comparing the videos I liked to the current ones the main difference is her enthusiasm. Her old videos were actually kind of about nothing, just life in Japan. But because she was happier, her videos were more enjoyable to watch. Now I can see her depression and desperation to do well and achieve everything she thinks she has to achieve. I say that again, but I think the root of all these problems is ew-san. I disliked him from the very first moment he appeared and i dislike him even more now. She used to be happy in her weebo chill life and now she tries to be a big deal youtuber, a business woman and a mother while living in a foreign place she lives in only because of her controlling husband. 

I know everyone decides for themselves who they want to be with and she claims they're so in love. But the deterioration of her mental health in the last few years speaks for itself. 

Sorry for the rant. 

Wow, that's exactly how I feel! I have lived in Japan for a long time and I don't really watch foreign jvloggers but Taylor was recommended to me some time ago....less than a year ago really. But, I watched her old content and I REALLY enjoyed it. It was very much about nothing and she is very bland and talks very monotone, but it was relaxing and enjoyable to me. However, ever since she got married especially, and then ever since she moved back to Hong Kong she seems SO depressed and lifeless, like a Stepford Wife, that watching her content seriously puts me down in the dumps. The fact that she TRIES to act like she's enjoying her self makes it even more sad. She had so much hope and optimism before...I feel like ew-san sucked the life out of her. I know she says he's her support system etc etc and she may not even realize how much she has given up on her dreams, her life and her self since leaving Japan behind and marrying this dude, but it's extremely obvious in the videos. IDK how much of is is the pressure he appears to put on her to get knocked up, but honestly even though it's not my business, I wish she'd go back to Japan by herself and start over or at the very least go home. No matter what she SAYS there's no way he isn't at least partly to blame for the lifeless mannequin she has become.

Posted

The towel video has 264k in 2 days where her other colab video with Saifya took about two weeks to get over 200k. 

She did a good job on timing the videos around the same time saifya posted her video or she was really lucky to post it the same day. 

Posted (edited)

As a native Frenchie I don't think Taylor would fare well there because French people hate people who don't speak French in France. I hear it's gotten better but most people will just pretend not to speak English even if they do just to be assholes because they don't like tourists. Taylor MAY have to learn a second language....

Honestly I think she should go back to Canada for a while, I mean they have a house there and she seems so upset about her grandpa you'd think she'd want to enjoy the time with her grandma. I'm surprised she's staying in HK I assume it's because of ew-san but I mean he doesn't have to go with her. >.>

Wow, that's exactly how I feel! I have lived in Japan for a long time and I don't really watch foreign jvloggers but Taylor was recommended to me some time ago....less than a year ago really. But, I watched her old content and I REALLY enjoyed it. It was very much about nothing and she is very bland and talks very monotone, but it was relaxing and enjoyable to me. However, ever since she got married especially, and then ever since she moved back to Hong Kong she seems SO depressed and lifeless, like a Stepford Wife, that watching her content seriously puts me down in the dumps. The fact that she TRIES to act like she's enjoying her self makes it even more sad. She had so much hope and optimism before...I feel like ew-san sucked the life out of her. I know she says he's her support system etc etc and she may not even realize how much she has given up on her dreams, her life and her self since leaving Japan behind and marrying this dude, but it's extremely obvious in the videos. IDK how much of is is the pressure he appears to put on her to get knocked up, but honestly even though it's not my business, I wish she'd go back to Japan by herself and start over or at the very least go home. No matter what she SAYS there's no way he isn't at least partly to blame for the lifeless mannequin she has become.

Hmm...I am sorry, but what you said about the French people is so wrong. Have you been living in France lately?  I never had a problem. I am also a French native living in England for many years. Every time I go back, people are so welcoming and understand my struggle with French. I don't even sound French anymore when I speak, but I never felt unwelcome. Even when my sister British husband moved to France, nobody judged him or their kids. Up to this day, the dad still struggling to speak French. Most people actually want to speak English. Especially, the younger generation. 

I don't want to be dramatic, but I posted in a French discord just now " Do French people hate people who don't speak French in France?"  They all said NO xD. Nowadays, you will notice English words coming from the French people in normal conversation. They will add English words in a full French conversation randomly. It like a "cool" thing for them. I HIGHLY doubt Taylor will have any trouble living in France because she speaks English. 

I also want to add that I don't see Taylor living elsewhere except Asia. She is "special" when she lives there. When she moves to Canada or another place where being white is normal, she is just a nobody. 

Edited by Kwaix

Posted

It feels weird to see her prancing about having fun when Hong Kong is going through so much unrest right now. I'm not saying she should comment on it, because that would be a terrible idea (either way she'd offend people + she doesn't seem to understand politics much) but it feels... idk tacky? to talk about a huge new mall in HK when the malls in HK right now are being used for protests. Surprised they didn't head back to Canada for awhile actually.

Posted

Taylor's videos are so boring now : ( I miss her old Japan videos. 

Posted

Taylor has had me bored to tears for over a year now. It’s not even a hate thing, she’s just painfully boring and unintelligent and I can’t bring myself to watch this train wreck any longer. The jvlogging Taylor of 2016/7, full of life and fun and Inspo, however false, is not coming back. 

Posted

It feels weird to see her prancing about having fun when Hong Kong is going through so much unrest right now. I'm not saying she should comment on it, because that would be a terrible idea (either way she'd offend people + she doesn't seem to understand politics much) but it feels... idk tacky? to talk about a huge new mall in HK when the malls in HK right now are being used for protests. Surprised they didn't head back to Canada for awhile actually.

Eh the thing with the situation in HK is that it's happen in pocket areas, most often during nighttime. It's also not the worst political unrest HK has seen considering several dozen people died in the '67 leftist riots (the current protests have had 8 deaths, all suicide; the '67 riots saw police kill a number of the 51 total deaths).

Like as long she's not going to Mong Kok during the night, she's unlikely to see a lot of the protest events. Imo she's taking the best course right now, bc she's already said it herself that she's not a local and she likely won't understand the nuances of the political landscape, so she really should avoid commenting especially bc she's never shown any interest in politics/ government affairs.

Posted

Hmm...I am sorry, but what you said about the French people is so wrong. Have you been living in France lately?  I never had a problem. I am also a French native living in England for many years. Every time I go back, people are so welcoming and understand my struggle with French. I don't even sound French anymore when I speak, but I never felt unwelcome. Even when my sister British husband moved to France, nobody judged him or their kids. Up to this day, the dad still struggling to speak French. Most people actually want to speak English. Especially, the younger generation. 

I don't want to be dramatic, but I posted in a French discord just now " Do French people hate people who don't speak French in France?"  They all said NO xD. Nowadays, you will notice English words coming from the French people in normal conversation. They will add English words in a full French conversation randomly. It like a "cool" thing for them. I HIGHLY doubt Taylor will have any trouble living in France because she speaks English. 

I also want to add that I don't see Taylor living elsewhere except Asia. She is "special" when she lives there. When she moves to Canada or another place where being white is normal, she is just a nobody. 

I go to France somewhat regularly and from my experience it's really hard to get around using English. In Alsace it's somewhat common that people speak both, French and German, but English is still not that common. Even (or especially) in Paris English won't get you far either. People pretend not to speak English and when you speak French with an accent they keep pretending that they don't understand you. Not everyone of course, but that's been the main reactions I personally got pretty much every single time I traveled to France.

Posted

In Alsace it's somewhat common that people speak both, French and German, but English is still not that common.

I have to add that in Alsace it has something to do with history that people speak French and German. In the past, Alsace was forced to change its country a lot. Whether it was a part of Germany or France, it was always forced to adapt the culture and language of only that country. Therefore, Alsace has a combination of both cultures and a lot of people speak both languages (I mean, it's bordering on Germany too so I guess that's also a reason?)

What I want to say is that there is a reason why people in France don't speak English. I can't really say what it is, because I'm not French, but maybe it has to do with a lot of them not being able to speak English that well because the grammar and accent is completely different? Or just disliking tourists, as someone stated previously.

Anyway, I don't really see a reason for Taylor to move to France. I don't think she would learn French and thus not get any local friends (not sure about that though, I think that younger people might like to talk to her in English as well? But again, her having no friends is not the only problem)

I just wish she would go to university or something (maybe in Canada) and get a real job. That would make her actually independent. I mean, I don't think she'll have any money problems in the future (since her family would still be rich, if she got ever divorced) but I think she should learn how a real life works for normal people and then she can talk about becoming a business woman.

Posted

Eh the thing with the situation in HK is that it's happen in pocket areas, most often during nighttime. It's also not the worst political unrest HK has seen considering several dozen people died in the '67 leftist riots (the current protests have had 8 deaths, all suicide; the '67 riots saw police kill a number of the 51 total deaths).

Like as long she's not going to Mong Kok during the night, she's unlikely to see a lot of the protest events. Imo she's taking the best course right now, bc she's already said it herself that she's not a local and she likely won't understand the nuances of the political landscape, so she really should avoid commenting especially bc she's never shown any interest in politics/ government affairs.

^ This, and also historically, even in times of great upheaval people are still going about their daily lives (I mean, barring violent war I assume). 

I was in Vegas the night after the big shooting and people were just trying to keep their clubs open, the stores had people walking about, and despite being a little gloomy it was business as usual. My parents lived during a stressful dictatorship but still went to parties and went dress shopping. Such is life!  

Posted (edited)

Taylor's new video

god, they're really acting like basic bitches thinking they're quirky and uNiQuE just cause they're loud. holy fucking cringe. like, i swear, i'm surprised no one told them to fuck off, guess people are too polite.

edit: taylor really gives me the vibes of a highschool queen bee who moved on to "love yourself do yoga drink water" kind of girl lmao. her melting face ain't helping with being likable.

oh, also, she could have made that shit for like 10$ if she had IQ higher than like...20. too bad.

Edited by vader_chan