• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

I really don't think Tom's pushing her to get pregnant. It's always her desperately whining about (not) getting pregnant, not him. If she didn't want to get pregnant and Tom was pushing her about it, the most logical reaction for her would be to try to think about it as little as possible, to talk about it as little as possible, pretending the problem didn't exist. Instead it seems to be constantly on her mind, she's constantly bringing it up, even milking out the subject for her channel. Nothing of her behaviour implies a woman that doesn't want to get pregnant or is under pressure by someone else to get pregnant.

Posted

that conversation was so uncomfortable ugh imagine talking to your husband like that? its so dumb

i skimmed the video. Where does this happen?

Posted

And the whole "vacuuming of rice" part with his overweight Asian dad body... If Taylor wants us to believe she's really in love with such a man and not with his money she should try to show the good parts of him. So far we have only seen them being unable to communicate properly, him not looking good in a white tight t-shirt, her always cooking and cleaning for him, and her being really on edge for not getting pregnant. Didn't she say she's taking some hormones now? I don't know what she sees in him cause she sure as hell doesn't show us.

And before anyone starts bashing me for shaming Tom for his body: Taylor is known for working on her body, she's obsessed with being skinny and complains for even the smallest weight gain. Can you honestly believe there is no pressure from Tom with this? Tom fell in love with Taylor being a barbie, tinier than she's ever been before, Tom who runs a business with models and beauty, Tom who still wants Taylor to get pregnant even when Taylor clearly is hypersensitive even to the smallest changes in her body. It's really hard for me to believe this is all her and none of him.

Not sure if anyone of you remembers but Taylor went through a phase in her vlogs when she kept calling herself an idiot. Again, it's hard for me to believe this is all her feeling like she is an idiot and none someone telling her constantly what an idiot she is and making her believe that. Tom is toxic.

I think he's pressuring her to get pregnant but I really don't think he's pressuring her with her body at all. Also, a lot of skinny girls like fat dudes...IDK why but it's true. I wouldn't call his body an "Asian dad" body though..granddad maybe but Asian guys age pretty well....you don't see a stomach until 50s-60s at the earliest unless they were just fat from when they were young. I also don't think he makes her feel like an idiot. I mean, he might run companies etc but every time he talks he sounds like he's seriously mentally retarded. His English is so poor and he doesn't know how to communicate at all. He actually strikes me as rather supportive of Taylor's aimless life tbh.

I really don't think Tom's pushing her to get pregnant. It's always her desperately whining about (not) getting pregnant, not him. If she didn't want to get pregnant and Tom was pushing her about it, the most logical reaction for her would be to try to think about it as little as possible, to talk about it as little as possible, pretending the problem didn't exist. Instead it seems to be constantly on her mind, she's constantly bringing it up, even milking out the subject for her channel. Nothing of her behaviour implies a woman that doesn't want to get pregnant or is under pressure by someone else to get pregnant.

Sure, now. But before they got married, I remember the video for Tom's birthday, it's him with his hands in a prayer in the thumbnail, and the whole jist was that he asked Taylor for a baby for his birthday. At the time she was talking quite a bit about how much HE wants a baby. It's only shortly after all of that, that she constantly started talking about it and me thinks it's because Taylor is rather controlling of herself and not being able to get pregnant immediately and not being able to control it must drive her insane. I've said this before but she's NEVER looking at baby clothes, nursery furniture, talking about baby names, what she wants to do with her kids, etc etc. It's only I WANT A BABY BUT I CAN'T GET ONE, LET ME DRINK WEIRD TEAS, TAKE HORMONES, GO SEE DOCTORS!!!! It doesn't seem genuine nor organic. It's one thing saying you want a baby but if she really did she'd talk about the actual concept of the kid, not just the actual act of getting knocked up and "winning" at this challenge. Their aparment is not the type of place you get if you want children.

Oh, here's the video BTW, titled "HE WANTS A BABY  NOW!":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhY-TlaFTA

Posted

Tbh if I was planing on getting pregnant and felt like I am not able to without additional help, I would definitely not look at baby stuff and talk about baby future plans. It would kill me on the inside to see all the things I would like to buy, and think of all the things I would like to eventually do with my child if I cannot get pregnant and probably cry for a bit. 

I agree that with her past history and personality it does seem like the fact that she can't control her uterus is driving her crazy though. 

...I've said this before but she's NEVER looking at baby clothes, nursery furniture, talking about baby names, what she wants to do with her kids, etc etc. It's only I WANT A BABY BUT I CAN'T GET ONE, LET ME DRINK WEIRD TEAS, TAKE HORMONES, GO SEE DOCTORS!!!! It doesn't seem genuine nor organic. It's one thing saying you want a baby but if she really did she'd talk about the actual concept of the kid, not just the actual act of getting knocked up and "winning" at this challenge. Their apartment is not the type of place you get if you want children.

Posted

Just ganna go on a tangent,, I watched half of the V-log... 

If Tom wants a baby so badly I'm wondering if its to do with Hong Kong/ Chinese Culture or inheritance...I know for a fact some Chinese/Hong Kong people tend to get married earlier-it's like in the culture...With the age gap I'd say it would be difficult since even tho Tay is in 30s? she still thinks like a teenager and has zero body posititivity always trying to play the victim cuz she can't get pregnant...Treating pregnancy like a game or something...Getting a baby is one thing but what about the things that come after that? Is Taylor ganna feed the child, take care of the baby waste, take them and enrol them to school tbh with how she portrays herself I think if she did have one she'd be a wreck n be exhausted 24/7. I remeber another vlogger couple who wanted to get pregnant (TexasinTokyo) and in order to do so, they decided to take a break and return in a few years probably after they had a child/is older, that's taking responsibility. Youtubers that have kids or have them quickly or even think about v-logging them end up ruining their career one way or another. 

Also has Taylor ever done a video featuring Tom's parents view on her or even included anything about their culture/values?? I feel whenever she posts it's always about her life...but tbh her life is very bland and boring whats making her stick out is the fact shes's basically a foreigner with a camera crew following her around (by that I mean that other person that tags along Taylor and holds the camera) I feel Taylor is the type of person to manipulate and also make herself appear rich or of high status even tho all she did is get 'lucky' with a Tom. Other thing about Taylor is I think with the model working n travelling she is accustomed to that kind of high life so maybe that's why she prefers seeing herself rich and adored by strangers online...

If she is revealing her own brand, I'd say she just trying to follow the crowd of the 20 + YouTubers that have their own merch or brands...maybe even trying to spark something by realising a new product e.g. Just a few months ago Kim K's underwear line stated a world wide debate and got alot of attention soo maybe Taylor is trying to do the same?? 

Posted

Ugh, I get so nervous watching her vlogs when she interacts with her cameraman on the street bc it looks so crowded and you can see people swerving to avoid them. It's a small thing but living in a place as crowded as HK you would think they would find more opportune places to stop and film.

Posted

If Tom wants a baby so badly I'm wondering if its to do with Hong Kong/ Chinese Culture or inheritance...I know for a fact some Chinese/Hong Kong people tend to get married earlier-it's like in the culture...With the age gap I'd say it would be difficult since even tho Tay is in 30s? she still thinks like a teenager and has zero body posititivity always trying to play the victim cuz she can't get pregnant...Treating pregnancy like a game or something...Getting a baby is one thing but what about the things that come after that? Is Taylor ganna feed the child, take care of the baby waste, take them and enrol them to school tbh with how she portrays herself I think if she did have one she'd be a wreck n be exhausted 24/7. I remeber another vlogger couple who wanted to get pregnant (TexasinTokyo) and in order to do so, they decided to take a break and return in a few years probably after they had a child/is older, that's taking responsibility. Youtubers that have kids or have them quickly or even think about v-logging them end up ruining their career one way or another. 

Also has Taylor ever done a video featuring Tom's parents view on her or even included anything about their culture/values?? I feel whenever she posts it's always about her life...but tbh her life is very bland and boring whats making her stick out is the fact shes's basically a foreigner with a camera crew following her around (by that I mean that other person that tags along Taylor and holds the camera) I feel Taylor is the type of person to manipulate and also make herself appear rich or of high status even tho all she did is get 'lucky' with a Tom. Other thing about Taylor is I think with the model working n travelling she is accustomed to that kind of high life so maybe that's why she prefers seeing herself rich and adored by strangers online...

If she is revealing her own brand, I'd say she just trying to follow the crowd of the 20 + YouTubers that have their own merch or brands...maybe even trying to spark something by realising a new product e.g. Just a few months ago Kim K's underwear line stated a world wide debate and got alot of attention soo maybe Taylor is trying to do the same?? 

Didn't Tom say his parents were dead?

Posted

Didn't Tom say his parents were dead?

yeah, i think so. 

Btw I didn't like this vlog at all. I am glad that she made something and got out of the house but it wasn't entertaining. The concept wasn't bad. Just execution. She acted so awkwardly. (Like in all of her videos recently). I don't really like this Joyce much. Also, Joyce's story about throwing away the lunch her grandma made? wtf was that?
Anyway, I think Taylor just hasn't found the right friends in HK yet. I hope she finds a HK version of Sharla. 

Posted

Honestly it depends on the generation but a lot of millennials in HK are marrying later, for pretty much the same reasons as most other developed countries (low wages, high rent/ cost of living).

I honestly don't think Taylor is treating pregnancy as a game considering how much time she's poured into fertility treatments, I just think she's likely not fully prepared for being a parent, which most people aren't bc you don't know what you've never experienced, but I just get the vibe that her trying for a kid is really... rushed. I really don't know if Tom is pushing for it or if it's Taylor thinking her bio-clock is ticking and she has to do this ASAP, but in all honesty it feels to me that, because she's in this marriage where she's financially dependent on her husband, she's thinking 'I have to have a kid to validate all of this'.

And also Tom is that rich so I highly doubt the childcare will fall solely onto Taylor. Imo they likely have a maid/ cleaner that's just not featured in Tay's videos, they can get a maid/ nanny for the kid(s) too - that's pretty common in HK.

As for Joyce, just for ppl's reference - Joyce's mother was really famous in the HK entertainment industry, and Joyce obviously followed in her mother's career. I skimmed the video so idk if Joyce talked about it, but she has had some weight issues as well. East Asian media in general is always pretty terrible to anyone who isn't skinny, and Joyce had a period of her career where she really slimmed down - not to the point of catwalk model slim, but still quite thin. I think she ultimately went back to her normal weight bc she's not a naturally skinny person and maintaining that weight was a strain on her.

After watching the latest video, I'm just glad that Taylor seems to be making friends in HK.

Posted

Ugh, I get so nervous watching her vlogs when she interacts with her cameraman on the street bc it looks so crowded and you can see people swerving to avoid them. It's a small thing but living in a place as crowded as HK you would think they would find more opportune places to stop and film.

Me everytime she poses on insta in a crowded area and that stupid hat video. It reminds me of tourist season in my city

Posted (edited)

i skimmed the video. Where does this happen?

Pretty much at the start of the video, he is off camera, they are just talking, for the lack of better word.

Edited by casio

Posted

I think he's pressuring her to get pregnant but I really don't think he's pressuring her with her body at all. Also, a lot of skinny girls like fat dudes...IDK why but it's true. I wouldn't call his body an "Asian dad" body though..granddad maybe but Asian guys age pretty well....you don't see a stomach until 50s-60s at the earliest unless they were just fat from when they were young. I also don't think he makes her feel like an idiot. I mean, he might run companies etc but every time he talks he sounds like he's seriously mentally retarded. His English is so poor and he doesn't know how to communicate at all. He actually strikes me as rather supportive of Taylor's aimless life tbh.

Sure, now. But before they got married, I remember the video for Tom's birthday, it's him with his hands in a prayer in the thumbnail, and the whole jist was that he asked Taylor for a baby for his birthday. At the time she was talking quite a bit about how much HE wants a baby. It's only shortly after all of that, that she constantly started talking about it and me thinks it's because Taylor is rather controlling of herself and not being able to get pregnant immediately and not being able to control it must drive her insane. I've said this before but she's NEVER looking at baby clothes, nursery furniture, talking about baby names, what she wants to do with her kids, etc etc. It's only I WANT A BABY BUT I CAN'T GET ONE, LET ME DRINK WEIRD TEAS, TAKE HORMONES, GO SEE DOCTORS!!!! It doesn't seem genuine nor organic. It's one thing saying you want a baby but if she really did she'd talk about the actual concept of the kid, not just the actual act of getting knocked up and "winning" at this challenge. Their aparment is not the type of place you get if you want children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhY-TlaFTA

Why would you look at any of that well before even getting pregnant? Taylor would probably wanna decorate and purchase cothing in "theme" of the gender anyway. And I wouldn't base anything off her ridiculous clickbait titles.

Posted

Pretty much at the start of the video, he is off camera, they are just talking, for the lack of better word.

Goes to show u my attention span xD thanks

Posted

I dont think its just Tom. Of course he wants a baby, most married men do. Taylor has always talked about kids, doing whatever with kids, passing whatever down to kids. She isnt being pressured, she wants them too. Y’all are forgetting that she’s from suburban North America, and especially with smaller knit towns and families people start getting pregnant and having kids ASAP in some cases. Plus both of her younger sisters already have kids. Thats what she grew up with. You get married and have babies despite what it does to you emotionally/financially/body wise. Its just what you do, and there’s pressure internally for all of that.