• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

About 2 weeks ago Saf made a video about getting a lolita makeover. It has 6M views. I imagine this was inspired by Taylor's lolita video which is one of her top viewed. I wonder how Taylor feels about this now that she isn't into promoting the doll style anymore. Does she like that she spread it to 6 million more people? Or is she uncomfortable because she cannot be a doll anymore, but now others are inspired to become one?

If Saf was inspired by anyone to do the Lolita transformation I woud say it's by RinRin doll (with whom she first did a video before Tay uploaded her gothic lolita transformation) and not by Tay. But imo a Lolita transformation seems like such an obvious video to do to me considering it's one of the most well-known j-fashion styles by people who aren't otherwise into Japan related things that I doubt she was inspired by anyone's video to do it.

Also Tay did that video well out of her dolly-phase so if she was scared of inspiring anyone to become a doll she wouldn't have risked doing that video.

Also, also: dressing in lolita =/= living doll

Posted

If Saf was inspired by anyone to do the Lolita transformation I woud say it's by RinRin doll (with whom she first did a video before Tay uploaded her gothic lolita transformation) and not by Tay. But imo a Lolita transformation seems like such an obvious video to do to me considering it's one of the most well-known j-fashion styles by people who aren't otherwise into Japan related things that I doubt she was inspired by anyone's video to do it.

Also Tay did that video well out of her dolly-phase so if she was scared of inspiring anyone to become a doll she wouldn't have risked doing that video.

Also, also: dressing in lolita =/= living doll

Exactly. Taylor was never lolita, she never aspired to be lolita, she just wanted to be a living doll. She has done many photoshoots that have included lolita but to think she "inspired" someone with that is a reach.

Safiya and RinRin have been "friends" for a while now and she helped Safiya before with a Harajuku make over. RinRin is known for her style and being a lolita dresser so if anyone inspired Safiya it's her. Taylor had nothing to do with it.

I don't think Taylor has ever been scared to inspire others to be dolly, I don't know where this idea came from, if she was scared of anything was showing how little she actually looked like a doll -> why she never did any tutorials on herself with the makeup. I do agree that sometimes she must miss her dolly phase and being different but that ship has sailed and she can't go back anymore.

Posted

Posted (edited)

(Before I start... What's with the thumbnail???)

She has skipped June completely and went straight into the end of July. Her best girl Jessica is being a boss girl and started her own beauty business that Taylor went and promoted. She's stopped taking her Chinese medicine for her pimples as she's now on some hormones, I believe they are for her to get pregnant, but she didn't mention that.

She then got herself some bubble tea, did insta work, went and exercised, went grocery shopping, ran into her husband, they went on a date... blah blah blah.

The ending was interesting and it starts at 29:10. She mentions why she hasn't talked about the situation in HK and I can respect her for that. She says she hasn't lived there long enough and doesn't understand everything but she loves everyone and wishes peace.
She also mentions how she's feeling lost, not yet over her grandfather passing away, she though she was pregnant but wasn't and that's getting her down, she wants to start sharing more again, but she will try harder.

I loved the ending, it could have only been that I didn't really care for the first 30 minutes of this vlog but yeah. This seemed more honest from her. And I'm sure the "not getting pregnant"-thing is a big deal for her. I would love to know if Tom is pressuring her or if she's putting all this pressure on herself. She says Tom is super supportive and positive and keeps telling her "It's just not the right time, let's try again" but I don't know if it's true or not. When it comes to Tom I have difficulty of believing what Taylor says of him.

But I like this honest Taylor. Up until the Tom part at least.

Edited by rieaku

Posted

(Before I start... What's with the thumbnail???)

She has skipped June completely and went straight into the end of July. Her best girl Jessica is being a boss girl and started her own beauty business that Taylor went and promoted. She's stopped taking her Chinese medicine for her pimples as she's now on some hormones, I believe they are for her to get pregnant, but she didn't mention that.

She then got herself some bubble tea, did insta work, went and exercised, went grocery shopping, ran into her husband, they went on a date... blah blah blah.

The ending was interesting and it starts at 29:10. She mentions why she hasn't talked about the situation in HK and I can respect her for that. She says she hasn't lived there long enough and doesn't understand everything but she loves everyone and wishes peace.
She also mentions how she's feeling lost, not yet over her grandfather passing away, she though she was pregnant but wasn't and that's getting her down, she wants to start sharing more again, but she will try harder.

I loved the ending, it could have only been that I didn't really care for the first 30 minutes of this vlog but yeah. This seemed more honest from her. And I'm sure the "not getting pregnant"-thing is a big deal for her. I would love to know if Tom is pressuring her or if she's putting all this pressure on herself. She says Tom is super supportive and positive and keeps telling her "It's just not the right time, let's try again" but I don't know if it's true or not. When it comes to Tom I have difficulty of believing what Taylor says of him.

But I like this honest Taylor. Up until the Tom part at least.

I did like this vlog as well. Well as background noise.( I usually watch vlogs as background noise pretty much) my only complaint is her talking to the camera while the instructor was teaching. 

This would have been better if she was a bit more active on YouTube or at least doing a vlog every other week. At least she is getting out instead of being home and depressed

Posted

this vlog!

giphy.gif

now this is the type of content I want to see!

Posted

This was super good by her recent standards. It has some of the things I used to like about her. The start is kinda boring but it was cool to see Tay doing things and getting to see HK more. The art exhibition was cool, not my style but cool to see. I'm really surprised she was allowed to have her phone out. I liked the sit down but at the end. Like she totally doesn't need to sit down and spill her guts to us, I was ok with just the earlier bit but it is cool to see more of honest Taylor and I really understand where she is coming from. I actually prefer that she has chosen not to speak on the political parts I think it is a mature choice and it was a good way to promote people looking into what is happening themselves instead of spreading misinformation or burning bridges. With every YouTuber who is trying to get pregnant I realize how few people realize how hard it is to get pregnant. And the stress gets to you so fast and makes matters worse.

Also OT but that bit where she was cooking her oven is super cool, anyone know what kind it is? It looked like the tray was build into the oven? Like it would be annoying to only be able to use one brand of cooking equipment because there was no rack but I'm curious about it. 

Posted

Dont want to watch the vlog...Did she say what her "business" is about?

Posted

Dont want to watch the vlog...Did she say what her "business" is about?

It was kinda clickbait about her friend Jessica who started a business

Posted

It was kinda clickbait about her friend Jessica who started a business

Taylor did mention she is starting a business as well but didnt state what it was exactly. I have a feeling it will be products and makeup ads from all the stuff she has been promoting 

Posted

Taylor did mention she is starting a business as well but didnt state what it was exactly. I have a feeling it will be products and makeup ads from all the stuff she has been promoting 

Maybe she'll go all the way with that Kylie phase and do like a lipgloss or something. 

Posted

Maybe she'll go all the way with that Kylie phase and do like a lipgloss or something. 

I can see her doing that. I just have a feeling it will be what most rich wives do, blogger or instagram model. xD 

Posted

Honestly? Good for her. As long as it's a legit business and she puts some effort into making it ethically responsible (i.e. not ripping ppl off), I personally think it's a good route for her.

We've been talking about how aimless she's been as of late. IMO a makeup line would be something that she wouldn't lose interest in considering so much of her YT is fashion related.

Posted

Honestly? Good for her. As long as it's a legit business and she puts some effort into making it ethically responsible (i.e. not ripping ppl off), I personally think it's a good route for her.

We've been talking about how aimless she's been as of late. IMO a makeup line would be something that she wouldn't lose interest in considering so much of her YT is fashion related.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like she said all of the stuff she ended up not doing when leaving japan.