• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8999 posts in this topic

Posted

When I was younger I was jealous of her. I thought she was very pretty, she is ultra-wealthy and gets to live in huge houses and decorate them, and she gets to live in Asia and go shopping all of the time. 

But now as I get slightly older I don't envy her at all. I'm assuming most of us have something in our lives whether it's school, work, or both. While going to school or work isn't the most exciting thing, at least we always know we're making progress in our lives and doing something productive with our time. Can you imagine having a calendar and the only appointments you have are going out to eat, getting your nails done, and getting pregnant? It sounds fun but I think after a few days or weeks it'd get quite depressing.

Tbh I just started my summer break from university and I've been doing nothing for about a week. I already feel so sick of it and want to go back to school where I have lots of activities 😂

Yeah I'm about to be out of college and IDK what I'm gonna do but I'd rather be here than living in her state of mind. Like the money is awesome but if you have no drive what's the point. I would use that money and time to learn things constantly. Hell one of the first things I want to do when I get a post college job is learn an instrument because I'll have the cash for it. She just accepts doing nothing and it kills me. 

does she though? I thought it was confirmed she has a secret team back in Japan. At least one person was confirmed to be her YT manager/strategist I thought. 

She had her agency manager, and a YT manager is something everyone over 1 mill gets automatically. They aren't hands on and don't really work for you, they're assigned by YT to tell you little insider things like tips about when to post or trends on the platform, sometimes things like what your ratings are and to loop you in with sponsors. Maybe they help with getting money to the creators. They don't have much to do with the creation of process and seem to be pretty hands off from everything I've heard. I think they're more like minders, to make sure that someone with a super massive audience doesn't post something horrific. Like you get to 5 mill and post a snuff film. 

Posted

I haven't been watching Taylor for awhile but I had to click on this because she looked so bad in the thumbnail. I don't want to be mean about her appearance but it just looks to me like she's given up. Her hair looked like she didn't even brush it, I thought the outfits were ugly, and the way she moved when she was posing was so weird that its hard to think she use to be a model. Comparing it to her 2016 lookbook is shocking. It wasn't just the editing and outfits that were better, she also moved and posed better and the video had a concept. Maybe I'm super weird but the 2016 one gave off a "nostalgic home movies from a summer in Japan" vibe to me. 

Also, like I said, I haven't been watching her or checking on her Instagram but whenever I do I always seem to see her conducting polls for what she should do in a video. It seems like all her creativity has disappeared.

Posted

I watched the 2016 one and then the one from today and just ...Ouch. The contrast is so stark.

Also, I do significantly more in an evening after I get home from work than homegirl does in an entire day judging by that planner.

Sad.

Posted

She should just go back to daily vlogging if she's not going to use all this extra time that (less than-)weekly vlogging gives her to improve her content

Posted

Wow, still has shaky cam on her videos in HK?! I havent checked back in a while and surprised to see its still an issue. Maybe should invest in a better camera support, and a tripod for the studio? O_o it just seems amateurish. You can see in the editing where they tried to work around those things.

In addition to what others have said, I also feel like in this video she lacks personality despite talking the whole time. She should take more pauses in speaking and let people enjoy the outfit. The outfits were cute but kinda different from the vibes she usually has

Posted

From what I remember, I'm fairly sure she only had a manager in Japan (she was signed to Satoru models and we saw her manager on 1 or 2 of her videos back then). As for editing, I'm pretty sure she didn't have an editor since she'd vlog herself editing occasionally. She definitely had help with subtitles when she was putting them on her videos though.

Not talking about her modeling manager, Anna, though. There was one video as early as late 2016 where I swear she let it slip too. She said she was going to meetings and one was with her “manager for YouTube stuff.”

Posted

I mean I'm pretty sure she deffo had a manager for her LINE/Blog and that could've extended into her other social media.

Posted

also i was really expecting a video with safiya but i guess that is not happening?

Posted

Wtf is that lookbook? What's the point in showing clothes/combinations you don't even wear? All outfits looked bad on her tbh

0% fashion sense 

Posted

also i was really expecting a video with safiya but i guess that is not happening?

She said it was happening so we will see it in 2022 😂

Posted

Oh damn I guess she had way more help than I realised... maybe I'm thinking of the early days when it was just Elbow-san as her cameraman? I guess she had PR/ consultants on her YT channel to help her grow it...

And yea, that look book was disappointing. The polka dot outfits were all really bland and monotone - she didn't put much colour with them at all. I mean they were alright but they weren't... video worthy, to put it one way. She chases fashion trends but doesn't do them really well, and I doubt she's all that invested in the look book considering it's dragged on for months at this point.

Posted

And yea, that look book was disappointing. The polka dot outfits were all really bland and monotone - she didn't put much colour with them at all. I mean they were alright but they weren't... video worthy, to put it one way. She chases fashion trends but doesn't do them really well, and I doubt she's all that invested in the look book considering it's dragged on for months at this point.

This is what I find tragically ironic- Taylor is one of the few youtubers I follow (well, used to) who actually discussed keeping an eye on fashion trends and high-end labels. You can already tell she has a more tomboyish style, which is not a bad thing to have, everyone is comfortable in different things!  But when she tries more flowery/girly outfits it looks so off. Like, not even "Oh, this is just a style I'm not used to" or "these just happen to be trends in East Asia atm"- no, it's just really unflattering at times. If this is what she truly enjoyed looking like I would give her pass, everyone has their own style, but I feel she looks so uncomfortable in what she wears, like she'd be happier in a baseball cap and a hoodie.

I find it weird that she can be so invested in fashion, and have even worked in the industry as a model (where she had ample examples of stylists choosing flattering styles on her) and dress so clashing and weird. This is the highest level of my personal savagery but; for a long time I grew up with the perception that even the baggiest, weirdest outfits can look good on slender girls. Taylor has proved that bias to be untrue. /shrug 

Posted

am I the only one who liked the lookbook? :alpacawink:however, it was totally a lookbook of outfits that are trendy and fashionable and not things that she wears on the regular in her everyday life. 

Posted

Taylor's lookbook video is finally up

Those outfits look so incredibly terrible. Taylor has never had good style, it seems she spends 90% of her time in sweats. The only reason she doesn't look revolting is because she's so skinny, but she has really ugly chicken legs that she should learn to improve with heels, tights etc rather that flat shoes....that shoulder pad 80s jacket is the worst thing I have ever seen and those huge pearl earrings look like they came from Sears. The eyebrows still look retarded. IDK why she thinks she's in the position on making a lookbook but this is a disaster.