• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8846 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i think (some) of you guys are being kind of harsh. and i'm sure this goes beyond just her grandfather dying. when you live abroad and someone passes, it can make you rethink everything. am i doing the right thing being so far away from my family? did i make a mistake leaving my home country? should i have visited more often? i can't speak for her, but when it happened to me, i was dealing with feelings of guilt and regret as well as grief. it can make it harder to move on, because you're suddenly thinking about everyone in your family - i'm sure she's thinking of her grandmother a lot right now - and wondering if you want to go through this (grief, guilt, regret) again. 

also, and i hope i don't come off as a wk, but i don't really get giving her flak for not needing a job/being able to take a month off. if you had the same resources as her, maybe /you/ would work, but the majority of people wouldn't. a lot of upper-class/upper-middle class married women (especially those who live in asia) don't work. even if they have kids, they just hire a nanny. they have cooks. they have maids. they literally don't even drive. it's not that unusual when you're in that income bracket. taylor may not do much to you, but she does much more than a lot of them. 

i do think she'd feel better doing something with more purpose though. she wants kids a lot, and i'm sure hong kong is full of children in need. volunteering to work with orphaned or low-income kids would be great for her imo. she would feel like she's making a difference and being around children would help her get ready for parenthood. 

again, not to wk but you guys are kinda mean. taylor has a lot of issues - the photoshopping, misleading people about her career, etc - but you can tell she's actually a kind and caring person who struggles with certain insecurities. she's not kenna. personally i don't think the nitpicking is justified 

She has resources and doesn't use them to her benefit. All we are saying is that her doing nothing is making it worse and using youtube as a thearpy session isn't helpful. Look at venus when she tried to use youtube for her personal problems and it messed her up even more. If Taylor has issues, she shouldn't use personal problems to sell on YouTube. She want to be like the Kardashians, this is the price it comes with. 

Minus her grandfather passing. Take that out for a moment., She really hasn't done much and she is still western even if she lives in hong kong. Then she brags on Instagram giving boss girl advice when all she did was marry a rich guy. Three years ago she was on her game but now her goal is be a wife and have a baby. Let us tell girls who are low income to follow their dreams when their dreams might but them into debt. Taylor is naive and lives in a bubble. Her business is a joke and a side gig. 

Edited by saber932

Posted

She has resources and doesn't use them to her benefit. All we are saying is that her doing nothing is making it worse and using youtube as a thearpy session isn't helpful. Look at venus when she tried to use youtube for her personal problems and it messed her up even more. If Taylor has issues, she shouldn't use personal problems to sell on YouTube. She want to be like the Kardashians, this is the price it comes with. 

Minus her grandfather passing. Take that out for a moment., She really hasn't done much and she is still western even if she lives in hong kong. Then she brags on Instagram giving boss girl advice when all she did was marry a rich guy. Three years ago she was on her game but now her goal is be a wife and have a baby. Let us tell girls who are low income to follow their dreams when their dreams might but them into debt. Taylor is naive and lives in a bubble. Her business is a joke and a side gig. 

i think she would benefit from therapy, and i agree that youtube isn't a healthy outlet. grief counseling could be super beneficial. a deeper circle of friends would be helpful too. it seems like she doesn't feel like she has any other outlets. i honestly don't see how this is any different than people talking about their anxiety/depression/etc on twitter or any other form of social media. a lot of people do this - maybe even the majority. it's not healthy, but it's pretty normal. 

again, a lot of people haven't done much. a lot of people on youtube haven't gone to college, aren't working (outside of doing youtube), and don't seem to have a clear plan for the future, but still promote themselves as boss girls/boys. i just don't think it's that unusual. i don't think taylor did it maliciously at all. she wants to be inspiring, so she tries to act inspiring. a lot of people do. the "follow your dreams" mantra is also not something taylor came up with. low-income girls (girls everywhere) hear that all the time, from everyone (at least in the US, i can't speak for other countries). 

i agree that she's naive, and she does live in a bubble, which is why i said i think volunteering with low-income/orphaned children in hong kong (or something similar) might be really great for her. 

Posted

Am I the only one thinking it was kinda shady of her to say her granddad was "her father" where she clearly has a good father on her hands anyways? Sure he had to work and her mom had to work so they couldn't spend that much time with her as they would have liked but that's really common. I was put into daycare after one year but still wouldn't say the nannies at daycare were my moms. It's not like Taylor's parents abandoned her for good either, they just had to work in order to support their family. You can honor your granddad in other ways and say he was really close to you but I really doubt he would have wanted her to say "You were more dad to me than your son was".

Posted

I don't know. I lost my Mother and it was very hard for me. It has been years and I still break down when things make me think of her. I actually still have a good cry for her at least once every week or two.

I remember when my Grandfather died I lived far away and I felt very guilty and depressed. We all grieve differently and I don't think I can put myself in someone else's place when it comes to the grieving process.

Taylor is not a perfect person but she is a decent one and a good friend. She is an influencer/snowflake and basically your average one. She lives her life on camera. Is this the healthiest? No way. The thing is many people that aren't on youtube overshare everything on line. I say let her do what she thinks she needs. She may decide she needs therapy, I hope she does go. Most people I know need a good therapy session!

Posted

Am I the only one thinking it was kinda shady of her to say her granddad was "her father" where she clearly has a good father on her hands anyways? Sure he had to work and her mom had to work so they couldn't spend that much time with her as they would have liked but that's really common. I was put into daycare after one year but still wouldn't say the nannies at daycare were my moms. It's not like Taylor's parents abandoned her for good either, they just had to work in order to support their family. You can honor your granddad in other ways and say he was really close to you but I really doubt he would have wanted her to say "You were more dad to me than your son was".

I just took it as a second father and was nothing against her father. Taylor just doesnt think what she says

Posted

The more people here insist that everyone grieves differently, the more I think "She has the resources, doesn't know how to get out of her hole and that's why she should go to a therapist".

Posted

I agree with people commenting above. She needs a therapist. What she is doing right now is so unhealthy. But I personally don't understand why it takes her so long to get over it. I do understand however that it's a problem with me, not her. My grandma also passed a little more than two months ago and I was very close to her. My grandma always was the one who spoiled me to bits and we had a special relationship. I also lived away from her and my family for the past 8+ years, because of study and work and only saw her once a year. Her condition worsened in December. When I returned home for holidays, I cried myself to sleep that night, because never in my life I saw her that old(?) and weak. That said, after she died, it didn't take me long to realize that life is finite and we all will die eventually. My grandmother had a long and (I hope I'm right) a happy life, so I thought I shouldn't keep back from mine to cry over her. What helped me the most was writing down how I felt and why I felt that way. Once I understood why I was so sad, I felt relieved and moved on with my life. My point is that Taylor needs to talk out her feelings. I hope the video she made about him will help her feel better, like writing did for me.

Posted (edited)

Seeing her crying that way makes me so sad and I wanna hug her. I agree with the person that said above it's a bit depressing for an entertainment channel. 

I think she dealt with the loss in Canada, surrounded by her family and supporting her grandma. And now she has to deal with it again in Hong Kong where everything becomes more real and she's all by herself. Maybe if she was still in Canada she could keep moving on along with her family and things would get back to normal/they would adapt to the situation together but she is living between two worlds and it makes it harder in my opinion.

Also I started losing relatives from a young age and that makes death kind of "natural" to me, so maybe it's more difficult to have all that thoughts about life and death for the first time when you are an awake adult. I also lost a relative when I was living in another country and I couldn't go home for the funeral neither for the following months, it was really hard and I couldn't close it until I was with my family.

Edited by Lily Sand

Posted

But I personally don't understand why it takes her so long to get over it.

I think it's because she has little to do in her day to day life, it allows her to endlessly dwell on it. There's not really work or responsibilities in her life forcing her back to reality and keep her mind occupied with something other than the passing of her grandfather.

Posted (edited)

It's very obvious family is important to her and seeing she doesn't have many friends her family is a big part of her life I'm not shocked it hit her so hard.

l think there's guilt a lot of people dwell on things such as not calling more or being far away especially when she lives so far away. The fact she doesn't have a 9-5 she dwells more and more on everything what could have been and what not. People take grieving differently, and the fact she's never lost anyone I'm not surprised. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Taylor recently seeing her like this made me sad and honestly she needs a goal in her life that can keep her busy other than getting pregnant.

Edited by ishouldbeatuni
*Some people just feel stronger

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``

Posted

I feel like some people are being a little cruel saying “get over it” “move on”. I lost my Grandmother 12 years ago, I live in Canada and she was in England. I still get teary when I think about her. Even to this day I can’t talk to anybody about how she passed away (brain aneurysm) because I will cry. 

I do agree she needs some professional help though because she seems to be very close to her family and now she’s alone in China.

Posted

I agree with the previous comments. Losing someone is not easy.  Let's not judge her for that. 

On the side, Taylor looks so much better with darker hair.  I think the lighter hair made her look rough. If only she stops with the botox. Her face will look less bloated. 

Posted

Losing someone is not easy for anyone. But she doesn't have to make it harder than it is.

For the majority of us, in no more than 3-4 days (if lucky to have that time off) we would have to get up at 6am in the morning and get on with work and deal with people, professionally. Otherwise we lose our job!

It doesn't mean that we are not heartbroken or we are able to 'move on' heartlessly during such a short time. But as adults that's what you need to do.

However, apparently it is too hard for Taylor even to go out and get her hair done, get her nail done, or just get up do whatever she wants to! (with the luxury of time and money she has)

She already had the opportunity to go back in time, attend the funeral and share all the sadness and happiness with the entire family. That alone, for many people who live overseas, is not possible.

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``