• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

This video was a mess. I skimmed as well. 

She is saying this is what she always did when other YouTubers more famous than her do the same thing. She has no idea what to do with her channel. This video was an act of desperation. Gesus

Posted

i always kind of enjoyed her videos imitating fashion items that just look ridiculous but i stopped watching since the double shirt thing. this wasn't as funny...

the thing is even if people stopped watching her she'll still live a comfortable life, as opposed to other youtubers that don't have s safety net

Posted

i always kind of enjoyed her videos imitating fashion items that just look ridiculous but i stopped watching since the double shirt thing. this wasn't as funny...

the thing is even if people stopped watching her she'll still live a comfortable life, as opposed to other youtubers that don't have s safety net

Exactly! Also, I always have this feeling that the more sure Taylor became that she’d stay together with her rich boyfriend, the less effort she put into her vids.

Before the marriage and engagement, her vlogs and main vids were better (at least in my personal opinion). Now, she upload this silly-cringe ones just for views and her vlogs are mainly boring stuff and behind the scenes of main vids.

And now 2 assistants? She’s so lazy ¬¬  

Posted

She'll never become more famous/viral if she doesn't like what she does. And when you "try" to do what other do, or what you think might work, it just doesnt. It's obvious she not only doesn't know what she's doing on her channel, but she doesn't enjoy it either. She has fun while filming, sure, but itis not something she's passionate about. She says she is, but with a dead attitude, she can't fool anyone but herself. 

Posted

I think the reason I don't watch her viral videos is I feel like Im not the target audience for them? Im 25 and I feel like these viral videos suit teenagers more than adults. I think her vlogs are more for my age.

Posted

I think the reason I don't watch her viral videos is I feel like Im not the target audience for them? Im 25 and I feel like these viral videos suit teenagers more than adults. I think her vlogs are more for my age.

Same, I'm turning 26 soon and most of her viral video attempts are just so fake to me. In the sense that her emotions and actions seem overly dramatic and fake. I used to like her viral attempts, I'm not sure if it's because they got worse or if I got older lol Now I just wish she would show the history of Hong Kong. Like the foodies series, but about interesting historical places. But I understand why she wouldn't do that. Most of her viewers probably don't give a shit about history.

Posted

The video was just boring. I had it on in the background while cooking and I can't remember anything.

But the saddest thing is how boring her new office looks. It goes with the decor of the apartment, but it's boring. That desk is so meh. Her old office was very typical, mood board, everybody has an office like this (I have a very similar office), but it was so light and fun and pretty! Now it's not feminine and not personal nor interesting :(  Shouldn't it be her special room? 

Same, I'm turning 26 soon and most of her viral video attempts are just so fake to me. In the sense that her emotions and actions seem overly dramatic and fake. I used to like her viral attempts, I'm not sure if it's because they got worse or if I got older lol Now I just wish she would show the history of Hong Kong. Like the foodies series, but about interesting historical places. But I understand why she wouldn't do that. Most of her viewers probably don't give a shit about history.

The more important thing is the "fake" part, I think. More so than the age part. There are now obviously fake and forced viral videos, but initially (and to some extent still) they were supposed to be natural and people just like them and shared them. Trying to make one on purpose is just silly... Is that actually her goal in life? Fleeting moment of fame beyond her fangirls? 

Posted

Maybe she can pay one of her assistants to do videos thumbnails for her 🤔

Posted

I really like Natalie but I thought the point of hiring her as an assistant was to have someone to hold the camera for her. So now she pays Natalie to be in videos and someone else to hold the camera? 

When she hired Natalie I saw a lot of comments from people saying the thing they liked about Taylor's videos was that they felt Taylor was talking to them and hanging out with them and worried it would feel more like Taylor was talking/hanging out with Natalie and that they, the viewer, was just observing them. I wonder how those people feel now that that has happened.

Posted

Exactly! Also, I always have this feeling that the more sure Taylor became that she’d stay together with her rich boyfriend, the less effort she put into her vids.

Before the marriage and engagement, her vlogs and main vids were better (at least in my personal opinion). Now, she upload this silly-cringe ones just for views and her vlogs are mainly boring stuff and behind the scenes of main vids.

And now 2 assistants? She’s so lazy ¬¬  

I actually wonder if the diminishing quality of her videos isn't also related to the fact that she left her agency in Japan. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) was that they not only did modeling bookings for her, but also managed her channel. That's how she managed to get Japanese subtitles and things like that on her videos when homegirl is not fluent at all. 

Leaving her agency + wifing up Ew-san = no direction. And shows us her true self. Or closer to it, I don't think Taylor even knows who her true self is to be able to show us even if she wanted to. 

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

I'm really curious about how Natalie is being paid. Like, is it for every time she's filming? Or even for when she's appearing in the videos? It feels so weird when Taylor calls her 'bestie' and then I guess takes out a wallet and pays her for the afternoon they spent together? I really can't imagine how that works. And if she really has another assistent, I guess it's because people wanna see Natalie in the videos, not behing the camera. Which makes the work realitonship with Natalie even stranger lol

Posted

I think assistants like that get paid monthly for their services, many of them are at the beckon call of their employers so if the employer needs them at 4am, they have to show up. I feel like with Taylor there are probably more boundaries but these "Hollywood type" assistants usually have to be available 24/7 at the whim of the employer so I don't think it's an hourly fee or anything like that. I'm sure she gets a monthly salary like an au pair or live in maid would.

Posted

Natalie has a pretty easy job vs other assistants to  the point I hope it doesn't hurt her career. As in a future employer looks a taylor's channel and roll their eyes. Also, I never heard someone tell their employer, "I can't do mornings"

Posted

I'll note that I can't stand these ugly thumbnails. I get she copying popular youtubers but man they are ugly.