• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah but Saf is: endearing, funny, engaging, charismatic, sarcastic, self-deprecating in the best way, just a big loveable goof. Taylor is so stiff, monotone, devoid of any passion or personality, it doesn't work. In fact I finally figured out in this video of herself alone in a room with a bag, why I used to love her vlogs and why I click out of all of her videos now. Taylor used to DO stuff and show us this stuff, there was actually very little of "her" in her videos. The stuff that was entertaining was where she went and what she showed. Now that her videos center on her....they're boring because she's boring. You have to have a personality to be the subject of this many lengthy videos. She talks like a drone, never smiles, never seems interested in anything, has no sense of wit or humor....she just can't carry this style of video. She was REALLY good at travel type vlogging and she has the $$ to afford doing such stuff. But she never does anything now that she's in that coffin of a house. Also personally not very interested in Hong Kong so even when she does go out I'm just meh, but usually she goes out to shop for ugly, boring decor or to get some terrible procedure like those brows. I used to really enjoy her videos so I keep giving it a try but I'm going to just click the "not interested" button soon. You'd think someone with this much free time and disposable income could do better. This is literally her only job.

As a side note her hippie meds are NOT working and I just don't get why she always shows up on camera without make up on. I know society nowadays is all "embrace your flaws" but this much acne on her chin kind of grosses me out to look at, esp. at those angles and that close up. It doesn't hurt anybody to use a little concealer.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

Any reason why Natalie her “assistant” wasn’t the one filming and when she did film it was on selfie mode to make sure she got in the shot?  It looks like they had a different girl filming, you can hear her voice at 7:50 saying the backpack wasn’t closed. 

Posted (edited)

I miss Japan Taylor. She seemed more herself there. Though I don’t think she ever really knew who she was, at least she had more control of her life there because Tom wasn’t always hovering over her.

I agree. That's what I said some weeks back, she seemed happy and eager to do things in Japan. She had goals set for her channel. She gave up everything and just sits home all day doing nothing, paying a girl way younger than her to hang out with her. No hobbies. Never goes anywhere. It's sad. I miss her dolly phase and her cute little room and all her walks with Rosie and just her, happy, on her own (even when ew-san was in the picture, before they lived together she was an actual person). He totally drained her....I'm pretty sure she feels like she has to do this to please him, which is sad. It's not really an issue of "she grew up" because this was all barely 2 years ago and she was already almost 30 at the time. If anything I see reverse growth since then. I miss her work out videos, her cooking, hanging out with real friends, exploring, etc etc. She just looks dead. I take the designer hoodie as an example but I'm pretty sure he makes fun of her a LOT and tells her what she does is stupid. She got liked by Marylin Manson and reposted by Vetements for her pic and he made her sell the stupid shirt....you could tell how sad she was.

I don't generalize people by race or nationality at all but I had a good friend who was caucasian and dated a pretty rigid Hong Kong guy and he made fun of her constantly, digging at her self-esteem for being too this and too that, he said she "walks like a fat person" and that "in Hong Kong having really long hair is considered dirty, you're dirty" and all this stupid crap. I wonder if something SIMILAR isn't going on here though probably not about looks, more about her personality.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

I understood The conversation between her and shop owner, but I still don’t think she learns it - I think in the lion dance video she replied to Natalie in simple phrases like it’s good, where is it etc?

I go back and forth on her level of Canto; you're probably right in that she's not actively learning but since her husband and her assistant speak it it's probably much better than her Japanese is (was?).

Also the new video was pretty pointless... even though I found it mildly entertaining, I agree with the comments above and miss when she she'd set goals (like 1 DIY video per week or something).

Posted (edited)

I literally can't and don't watch these type of video's, the second hand embarrassment is too much.

I wish she'd go back to 2015 style vlogs and well-done main videos.

I don't generalize people by race or nationality at all but I had a good friend who was caucasian and dated a pretty rigid Hong Kong guy and he made fun of her constantly, digging at her self-esteem for being too this and too that, he said she "walks like a fat person" and that "in Hong Kong having really long hair is considered dirty, you're dirty" and all this stupid crap. I wonder if something SIMILAR isn't going on here though probably not about looks, more about her personality.

That's only one -white girl dating HK guy- case tho, you can't really theorise anything on just that? Bad apples everywhere.

Edited by Couture
typo

Posted

I think Taylor really struggles to find where her channel fits into. She tries to put it all together and it just doesn't mesh well.

She labels herself as "VLOG'S, DIYS, & WEIRD STUFF) (yes, she has vlog's, not vlogs) but reallyyyy...when was the last time she did a DIY? Is she a fashion vlogger? Is she a personality vlogger? She needs to just figure out what she wants to do and stick with that. 

Posted

I think Taylor really struggles to find where her channel fits into. She tries to put it all together and it just doesn't mesh well.

She labels herself as "VLOG'S, DIYS, & WEIRD STUFF) (yes, she has vlog's, not vlogs) but reallyyyy...when was the last time she did a DIY? Is she a fashion vlogger? Is she a personality vlogger? She needs to just figure out what she wants to do and stick with that. 

I do agree with this. She really is all over the place. I know that I am one of the few people on here that tends to watch all of her videos and I usually enjoy them. At least this video was kinda funny to me and a bit inventive. Even though she is all over the place I would rather watch her videos more than someone like Kenna who doesn't even try. I do think Taylor does videos that are a mixture of all of her favorite youtubers.

Posted

Just hopping in to say it’s now been over 3 months since I’ve watched a Taylor R video or even so much as clicked on her IG.  I literally could not give less of a shit about her unless it’s hearing about her sad life on here. 

I’m only still here in hopes that her MC shit goes even more viral. But I won’t be clicking her videos or IG, giving her and her idiot disgusting self more money and I suggest you all do the same.

It feels great to know I wasn’t missing out on some wonderful adventurous life in Japan/HK because there’s no way in hell I’d sell my soul and body to some disgusting old man I can’t even speak to for it. I’ll stay poor and strive to save up enough money to check out Asia one day on my own. #girlboss , but really. 🙃

Posted

I agree. That's what I said some weeks back, she seemed happy and eager to do things in Japan. She had goals set for her channel. She gave up everything and just sits home all day doing nothing, paying a girl way younger than her to hang out with her. No hobbies. Never goes anywhere. It's sad. I miss her dolly phase and her cute little room and all her walks with Rosie and just her, happy, on her own (even when ew-san was in the picture, before they lived together she was an actual person). He totally drained her....I'm pretty sure she feels like she has to do this to please him, which is sad. It's not really an issue of "she grew up" because this was all barely 2 years ago and she was already almost 30 at the time. If anything I see reverse growth since then. I miss her work out videos, her cooking, hanging out with real friends, exploring, etc etc. She just looks dead. I take the designer hoodie as an example but I'm pretty sure he makes fun of her a LOT and tells her what she does is stupid. She got liked by Marylin Manson and reposted by Vetements for her pic and he made her sell the stupid shirt....you could tell how sad she was.

My ex that blew out my spark was also a Hong Konger. I don’t want to generalize either, but I just that was worth mentioning. He made a lot of depreciating comments about me, and really ruined my self esteem. I’ve heard the long hair thing too, and that I walk “sloppy” Of course, they’re not representive of all HK men, that wouldn’t be fair. But yeah, that was my experience too. I’ve suffered a lot of mental stress and mental/physical trauma at his hands. 

Posted

Did she ask the woman carrying her child if she wants to "throw her baby" in the backpack???? She shouldn't talk to people honestly lol (maybe I missheard it but? ) 

Posted

what in the ever loving fuck did i just watch. 

i actually skimmed the vid but this was...kind of sad? honestly... 

i kind of feel bad for her at this point, she literally has no friends or anything in her life, she has to pay Nat to roll around with her in her apartment in a giant backpack like...ok.

i don't even know who watches her vids for real cause that's just tragic lol.

Posted (edited)

I usually hate when she makes videos like these for the sake of being viral, but I didn't mind this one so much. At times the video felt like a review of the backpack? Idk it was nice. But then she had to ruin it with doing her makeup in the bag......WHY, just why. Like how bored do you have to be to think of an idea like that lol.  She should have cut it off before that part & then I don't think the vid would have seemed so all over the place. 

Edited by mashedpotatoes

Posted

Can't bother to watch this one but I came here to say I hate the thumbnail 

Posted

all i got from this is that taylor has 2 assistants, not one. what does she need 2 assistants for? i don't even know

Posted

all i got from this is that taylor has 2 assistants, not one. what does she need 2 assistants for? i don't even know

Tbh, what does Taylor need 1 assistant for? :derp:She is a rich housewife who goes out to eat and buys new furniture for the house.