• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9192 posts in this topic

Posted

How dare he eat one of the display apples???!!! Real marriage issues, folks.

Also, the 1Mil parody video was fun, but the Tayleeeuuur accent is awful! It's like she's never heard someone with a French accent.

Posted (edited)

Omg her micro expressions here got me lmao. They can barely hold a conversation or is it just me

"maybe our next travel destination?" 

"...... Okay..." 

19-04-02-12-38-08-596_deco.jpg

'Urgh God why is he like that

Next travel destination?? How boring, no one cares about traveling these days' 

19-04-02-12-38-37-689_deco.jpg

Edited by blyathunt

Posted

Honestly, some of that might just be that not every conversation translates well onto video. Also, that expression she makes is her "concentrated listening" expression. Only, when she talks to strangers (i.e. in the Lion dance or foodie videos), she tends to nod more and say aaah and stuff.

Posted

I think Tom just sucks at talking to the camera. Its like he gets stage fright or something. he doesn't seem to be the type to be able to drone on to the camera talking about nothing in particular. 

Posted

Natalie feels too much at ease at Taylor's in a way it bothers meo.OTaylor seems approachable but I don't think she actually is.

The designer she hired has a dark taste for house, I mean, it's minimal, elegant and wood scented probably but I prefer apartments with a lot of light and colours, just my personal taste. The view of the Hong Kong forest is stunning from her living room, I imagine when it's raining must be so romantic.

Also I appreciate a lot that Taylor made an effort to speak chinese at the market, I love her insecure and sweet side.

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

I don't know, it seemed like a typical couple that have been together for a long time. My hubby and I bicker over the silliest things. He is my champion in all ways but we actually got into an argument over where to place the milk in the fridge! 

Posted (edited)

But only now that we've been mentioning that she should start learning the language, right ...

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

But only now that we've been mentioning that she should start learning the language, right ...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Natalie taught her the phrase and she just repeated it. She knows basic things like ‘where’ and ‘thank you’ so she could fake a conversation - she had whole videos where she pretended to speak Japanese so I’m not buying her studying Cantonese

Posted

I wouldn’t be surprised if Natalie taught her the phrase and she just repeated it. She knows basic things like ‘where’ and ‘thank you’ so she could fake a conversation - she had whole videos where she pretended to speak Japanese so I’m not buying her studying Cantonese

I agree, she would've mentioned it in a vlog if she was actually spending time studying..

Posted

She knew Cantonese long before, when she was in HK the first time. I remember seeing an interview with her on one of the local newspaper's website and she spoke some Canto there (omg she used to be so pretty).

She was able to ask for XO sauce and to give a follow up question on where it was at the second shop. She also understood when the shop keeper said her Canto was good and replied thank you.

The fact that she was able to ask a follow up question means that she has some basic to pre-intermediate levels of Canto that isn't just parroting phrases someone taught her. Imo she's probably better off learning Cantonese than Japanese because her husband speaks it and since Natalie now works for her she has a friend to converse with on a day to day basis; she was really stuck in her expat/ jvlogger circle in Japan.

Posted (edited)

I understood The conversation between her and shop owner, but I still don’t think she learns it - I think in the lion dance video she replied to Natalie in simple phrases like it’s good, where is it etc?

These are very basic phrases for people living in  Hong Kong, not even interested in learning. You just hear them so often eventually you will pick something up. Asking where is the sauce after asking if they have it is the easiest follow up you can do and honestly doesn’t really make sense. I never seen anyone ever in any place of the world going to non-self serviced store and after getting information they have something instead of asking to give them one jar they would ask where is it, it just doesn’t come off natural. It’s like when you’re having a yum cha and at the end you hear people saying ‘bill, please’ 唔該埋單 - eventually you can ask for it yourself.

I don’t stay she can’t understand basics considering Tom and Natalie probably speak a lot around her, and I think it’s better than her Japanese ever was, but I don’t believe she’s really learning. 

On top of that even Tom said she has no interest in learning it on his IG Q&A, so I’m still not buying it. 🤔

she could take an example of Carlos Douh, he’s a Canadian who went to HK for a church mission or something, but then fell in love with HK girl and learned Cantonese to the point he even did a promo for Discovery Hong Kong and had his YT channel teaching others Cantonese slang. He is no longer doing it as now he has a child, so she could fall into the space he left if she really wanted but I genuinely don’t think she learns it other than catching up phrases from people speaking around her and I don’t think she’s a person who will put an effort to learn. It took her only 7 years to try to learn how to cook Chinese food.

Edited by bongocat
edit

Posted