• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8846 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the video because I don't want to give her views, so maybe what I'm about to say is totally wrong, but...

a big pet peeve of mine is this idea that many people have that dog people can't get along with cats or that cats are all sassy and mysterious. I think with any animal, a general understanding of the species is needed when handing and also an understanding of the individual. Sure, you can't do the same things with cats that you can with dogs, but it works both ways. I tend to find that many people don't bother to learn the behaviour of cats which leads to misunderstandings and then to "all cats are awful." People seem to give more effort with dogs than cats.

Maybe I'm biased since I've had few bad experiences with cats and because I was raised with both cats and dogs and would say I like them both equally, but I also took care to learn about cat behaviour and respect them. I've actually had more bad experiences with dogs than cats, but I think people tend to ignore the bad things dogs do (classic example: small dog acting aggressive and people thinking it's "cute" and antagonising the poor dog to make it growl/bite/etc... even more).

As I said, I didn't watch the video, but just judging from the thumbnail and knowing how Taylor is, I can imagine she didn't even try to be respectful or understanding.

and disclaimer: I understand some cats can be shitheads, but dogs can also be awful, too soo.

Yeah she used it to be more clickbait as if she never dealt with a cat before. Pretty much she claims she did research and then had to make it overdramtic for the viewers. When she did make things overdramtic for fun in japan, she limited it to not being too annoying. Now she does it 90 percent of the videos and it isn't funny.

Posted (edited)

different cats are different tbh, my cat lets me strooke her whatever direction  same witrh strangers.

Allowing =/= liking

It's universally known cats don't like being stroked in the opposite direction

Anyway I'm not going to watch this video, I think these dog vs cat people video's are always pretty dumb. Surely she can come up with a little less lazy content than this

Edited by Couture

Posted

Just wanted to post here because Taylor said in her latest video that MC contacts the girls before posting but this is NOT TRUE.. I know because I WAS POSTED ON THERE. I only found out after people told me. 

PLEASE contact someone about this. 

Posted

why is she acting as if it's the first time she saw a cat in her life like...i get that acting like a moron is part of her schtick but...girl you're 30, get a grip.

Nat looks cute as usual tho lol.

Posted

I knew i could count on you guys/girls ;) i didn't want to watch the video in case i get triggered (many do people don't really know to handle cats, and many cat people don't know how to handle dogs. I guess, it's normal, but i prefer not seeing that in a video).

now i have even more reasons not to watch: motion sickness and over-dramatic. no, thanks :( Thanks guys! :D 

Posted

Im not white knighting her but I did actually quite enjoy this video. I know a lot of dog lovers like me have always thought cats hated us but it really depends on the cat because each one is so different with their personalities. I did this this video was quite nice and simple tbh.

Posted (edited)

" your cat seems to like plastic bags"

Umm sweetie you shouldnt have a kitten near plastic bags 😑 wait till she has a kid....

Edited by saber932

Posted

Cat sperg incoming

idk it was jarring when she did the pointers like "OWO CATS CAN JUMMP HIghGHH???", no fucking shit? I haven't had dogs or horses yet I know how to act around them so at least they won't get irritated or scared and try to bite me. Shit depends heavily on the individual cats of course, some cats/breeds just tolerate belly rubs and won't do shit until they feel like they really must, but i bet 3 euros that she rubbed the cat's belly and fur in the wrong way just to get some quirky footage. She can't be that dumb.

Posted

Cat sperg incoming

idk it was jarring when she did the pointers like "OWO CATS CAN JUMMP HIghGHH???", no fucking shit? I haven't had dogs or horses yet I know how to act around them so at least they won't get irritated or scared and try to bite me. Shit depends heavily on the individual cats of course, some cats/breeds just tolerate belly rubs and won't do shit until they feel like they really must, but i bet 3 euros that she rubbed the cat's belly and fur in the wrong way just to get some quirky footage. She can't be that dumb.

OMG the thought of Taylor around a horse is both terrifying and hilarious.

She would 100% get kicked from doing something dumb like walking up right behind it, or scream if it nibbled her. 

Posted

Just wanted to post here because Taylor said in her latest video that MC contacts the girls before posting but this is NOT TRUE.. I know because I WAS POSTED ON THERE. I only found out after people told me. 

Do you have anything to show that can prove this? Sorry if it’s harsh but I’m not going to blindly believe a random statement like that, people can say whatever they want on the internet nowadays. If it’s true then I’m sorry that happened to you. But it’s a rule on PULL that we don’t state things about the snowflakes without showing evidence of it, and it’s hard for me to believe you if there is nothing to prove your statement.

Posted

Despite liking cat and dog videos, I wouldn’t give her views as well.

Plus what threw me off is how she copied Buzzfeed - they did plenty of cat lover/dog lover videos but for this one she even tried to do this with the title! Makes me laugh whenever I read comments about her creativity.

i know someone could say it’s nitpicking, but for a while she already gave me a vibe like she tries to get into their team lol

E8CCC5AB-7F27-4C88-A656-244FD048DE72.jpeg

77CE2EB8-E7AE-4919-B2E8-C6857E501D5B.jpeg

9F6C9681-1AAD-4EB2-8450-B4F2BC09D718.jpeg

Posted

Despite liking cat and dog videos, I wouldn’t give her views as well.

Plus what threw me off is how she copied Buzzfeed - they did plenty of cat lover/dog lover videos but for this one she even tried to do this with the title! Makes me laugh whenever I read comments about her creativity.

i know someone could say it’s nitpicking, but for a while she already gave me a vibe like she tries to get into their team lol

E8CCC5AB-7F27-4C88-A656-244FD048DE72.jpeg

77CE2EB8-E7AE-4919-B2E8-C6857E501D5B.jpeg

9F6C9681-1AAD-4EB2-8450-B4F2BC09D718.jpeg

She wants to be an American celebrity so bad.

Posted

She wants to be an American celebrity so bad.

Yeah down to the thumbnails....there is a difference between inspired to just copying. 

Posted (edited)

I feel like her channel is just really... basic? Like everything about it screams “Youtuber trying to go viral.” Nothing about it is uniquely Taylor

In fact I don’t even know who Taylor is.

I’ve been following her for a few years, yet if someone asked me her hobbies or personality traits I’d say “...Luxury clothes and hotels? Her dog? Decorating her apartment(s)?”

Edited by caterpillars

Posted

I feel like her channel is just really... basic? Like everything about it screams “Youtuber trying to go viral.” Nothing about it is uniquely Taylor

In fact I don’t even know who Taylor is.

I’ve been following her for a few years, yet if someone asked me her hobbies or personality traits I’d say “...Luxury clothes and hotels? Her dog? Decorating her apartment(s)?”

About that

Screenshot_20190304-222459~2.png

Screenshot_20190304-222610~2.png