• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8868 posts in this topic

Posted

i should learn to look at numbers. :/ what you said makes me really sad. I guess it makes sense in a way because her channel is more of a lifestyle type of channel, and cultural aspects or informative videos are not really part of that. :/ And because she doesn't have a real need to work a traditional job, she doesn't actually really need to know about those things either...? i mean as a trophy wife, all she has to do is look good and make him look good too, and she doesn't need to bother too much about cultural aspects, just to make sure she knows certain protocols, and not the Lion or Dragon Dance. 

But if she really wants to change her channel a little bit and try to find ways to make some money in other ways (regardless of being helped by Tom), she might continue with those videos. She could even make a different channel for them. In any case, all new ventures take a little time to take off. Surely, Tom's business didn't make him a millionaire the next day or next week after he started, but over some time, as word spread about it. (of course it was a shorter amount of time when compared to other types of businesses in which girls are not portrayed as pieces of meat)

the thing is - does she really want to change? or is she happy with viral videos more than informative ones?

over the years I've seen her fame hunger and hopping on trends to help her be even more popular. 
I actually think she did the informative videos to see if this will be her 'niche' of which Ew-san keeps talking about (not many white foreigners in Hong Kong do actual informative videos, most of it is lifestyle only), but the niche didn't go as viral as she expected it to be so she will eventually dump it, just like everything else (being doll, being vegan, actually sticking to posting schedule, change of website - I heard about like two years ago?). I lost hope for this girl, especially after she defended pedo-san, adding the Kardashian obsession to this only proves all she wants is lavish lifestyle and being famous with very little effort. But that's just my opinion :P

Posted

But how many informative videos did she? I only remember the lion dance one (which I didn't watch because it sounded cringey from what people said about it here) and the one with the history on eyebrows/microblading (which was an utterly boring video I skipped through it).

Unless she did more and I don't recall, then sorry.

A niche takes time to built, you can't really judge whether or not it's going to take off based on like a handful of video's imo.

On a sidenote wasn't she talking about starting like a business or something?  Now that could be interesting to follow, if she actually goes through with it.

Posted

But how many informative videos did she? I only remember the lion dance one (which I didn't watch because it sounded cringey from what people said about it here) and the one with the history on eyebrows/microblading (which was an utterly boring video I skipped through it).

A niche takes time to built, you can't really judge whether or not it's going to take off based on like a handful of video's imo.

On a sidenote wasn't she talking about starting like a business or something?  Now that could be interesting to follow, if she actually goes through with it.

She makes 'informative' videos so boring, she doesnt show anything at all, just focuses on herself, no wonder nobody watchs it.

Posted

She did lion dance, 10 episodes with foodie series on local HK food, Cantonese marriage traditions and trying on Cantonese wedding gear, last year she did CNY taboos... she did few of them, but she never seemed to get a lot of views comparing to the other videos. And since to me she seems desperate to go viral (that's why we get nose hair extensions videos etc.) I think she will eventually stop doing these at all. But I may be wrong, I would actually be happy if she proved me wrong as I like these videos of her ^_^

As for the business - I wouldn't be surprised if it was all Ew-sans idea, and she just hops on the wagon as 'her business' so she can keep the image of hardworking and ambitious girl she tries to pose. He will just use her YT fame as a platform to expand his business, and she gets the glory of 'not being only trophy wife, but also doing soooooo many things and she's a real business woman'. 

Posted

the thing is - does she really want to change? or is she happy with viral videos more than informative ones?

over the years I've seen her fame hunger and hopping on trends to help her be even more popular. 
I actually think she did the informative videos to see if this will be her 'niche' of which Ew-san keeps talking about (not many white foreigners in Hong Kong do actual informative videos, most of it is lifestyle only), but the niche didn't go as viral as she expected it to be so she will eventually dump it, just like everything else (being doll, being vegan, actually sticking to posting schedule, change of website - I heard about like two years ago?). I lost hope for this girl, especially after she defended pedo-san, adding the Kardashian obsession to this only proves all she wants is lavish lifestyle and being famous with very little effort. But that's just my opinion :P

i know what you mean -it's obvious she wants the lavish life with little effort, and this was obvious since she was living in Japan and started ditching the dolly look and trying to adopt the Trashians' [sorry i really dislike them] looks and products and all. But you have to admit, a niche business does take a bit of time to grow - if say 100% of her viewers watch her just for her lifestyle, it would be hard to make them interested in those informative videos. on top of that, weird or funny videos have a much higher chance of going viral, compared to cultural videos.  maybe she should try her hand at a commedy channel xD cringiness can be funny...? at times...?imho...  

i also think the business idea was ew-san's idea, and im suspecting he's coaching her on how to go about it and stuff. 

Posted

Bildschirmfoto_2019-02-11_um_14.14.10.th

nn.thumb.gif.3bdd904cde20d0aa33175588db1

omggggg girl stfu already 

Poor Taylor, if only you were as pregnant as your cheeks...

Posted

i know what you mean -it's obvious she wants the lavish life with little effort, and this was obvious since she was living in Japan and started ditching the dolly look and trying to adopt the Trashians' [sorry i really dislike them] looks and products and all. But you have to admit, a niche business does take a bit of time to grow - if say 100% of her viewers watch her just for her lifestyle, it would be hard to make them interested in those informative videos. on top of that, weird or funny videos have a much higher chance of going viral, compared to cultural videos.  maybe she should try her hand at a commedy channel xD cringiness can be funny...? at times...?imho...  

i also think the business idea was ew-san's idea, and im suspecting he's coaching her on how to go about it and stuff. 

I totally agree with the fact it takes time to build out the audience, especially for non-popular topics, even raising awareness of such takes awful lot of time, I just don't think she has patience - if it doesn't get viral or make her more popular she just ditches it :D

Posted (edited)

Talking about informative videos, as a general question: did you ever hear Taylor say something smart? Like, something that made you think "I didn't know that" or "I never thought about it from this perspective" ??

(We all know she isn't the brightest but really she never "taught" me anything lol)

Edited by blyathunt

Posted

Talking about informative videos, as a general question: did you ever hear Taylor say something smart? Like, something that made you think "I didn't know that" or "I never thought about it from this perspective" ??

(We all know she isn't the brightest but really she never "taught" me anything lol)

Tbh she made a really cool video about nutrition and eating healthy that I think back on a lot (like these were her Japan days, not the sponsored app bs stuff); but that was the only time. 

Posted

I don't particulary think that Taylor is the most suitable to make informative videos since she's not that good at research quality information and also believes in almost everything disguised as science, also she can't make that kind of videos interesting (imo). I really prefered her lifestyle, cooking and diy videos she did at the good old times.

Posted

'I really liked the little "history of eyebrows" in the microblading video. It wasn´t maybe super accurate and ou can see the influence by Safiya but I did enjoy it, or didn´t know before

Posted (edited)

I think the real problem is she built her channel up on those " show off" "viral" "fame hungry" videos. For example her all in Japanese kawaii room tour, modelling vlogs, living doll makeup hair, workouts,  popular Vocaloid dance along videos, mysterious rich boyfriend and so on. So no one cares about those random other "informative" videos.

Screenshot_20190213-210614_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190213-210558_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190213-210540_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190213-210532_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190213-210627_YouTube.jpg

Edited by elefire

Posted

She did lion dance, 10 episodes with foodie series on local HK food, Cantonese marriage traditions and trying on Cantonese wedding gear, last year she did CNY taboos... she did few of them, but she never seemed to get a lot of views comparing to the other videos. And since to me she seems desperate to go viral (that's why we get nose hair extensions videos etc.) I think she will eventually stop doing these at all. But I may be wrong, I would actually be happy if she proved me wrong as I like these videos of her ^_^

As for the business - I wouldn't be surprised if it was all Ew-sans idea, and she just hops on the wagon as 'her business' so she can keep the image of hardworking and ambitious girl she tries to pose. He will just use her YT fame as a platform to expand his business, and she gets the glory of 'not being only trophy wife, but also doing soooooo many things and she's a real business woman'. 

oh lmfao that's so many more than I was aware of, disregard my post lol

Posted

Man this girl is lazy af! 

9B9D682C-C2FC-42FC-877E-BCE7BA0CF012.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Man this girl is lazy af! 

9B9D682C-C2FC-42FC-877E-BCE7BA0CF012.jpeg

Too tired from what?
Too busy with what?

You mean you are too busy doing nothing and that tires you :alpacaconfused:

Edited by Rosami