• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Taylor R - videos #2

7836 posts in this topic

Posted

Taylor can barely take care of Rosie, let alone a baby, will she move from Canada to HK with the baby/while being pregnant? Girl is not think at all, they werent even thinking about that when getting TWO houses in two different continents.

The things is if they can pull it off, kudos to them. I personally could not see me flying from country to country, living in one home for a few months then in the other. All the stress and worry (about the house you're not currently in ... think about if they're in Canada and there's a leak in the HK one?) would be too much for me. I honestly don't see how well this will work out for them. Yes, they still enjoy it now but what will be in a few months? Or years?

Taylor is clearly the happiest when she's Canada, aka with her family. Elbow San seems to enjoy Canada too so why not stay there? He could travel from country to country if his job really requires so. But what does Taylor have in HK? Her (paid) assistant / friend? The only thing she does there is cheap DIY projects and / or shopping. At least in Canada she has her grandma? 

I know you should make comprises as a (working) couple but even when she's in HK Elbow San is often away? So what difference makes it if she's home alone in Canada or HK? I personally don't even think that HE sees HK as a true home?! Might be mistaken. 

What about Rosie? The constant travel (and quarantine if I'm not mistaken?) will take a toll on her too. 

I'm not saying they should settle for ONE home - or am I? - but it would be best for all of them. 

Posted (edited)

Little rant...

I don't trust Tom with his own child! I imagen him dressing them up all the time and showing them off to everyone including his pervy MC college's or spoiling them to death or being a helicopter parent. And he would definitely want to teach them his language he would teach Tay but she's too lazy he said. If she's that lazy how the hell will she raise and take care of a child. Will, she just push the child off to some nanny?! I feel like she'd desperately try to be the centre of attention and be a young fit perfect model mother. And how would this poor child feel always being dragged from one culture to the next? I mean Tom's and Tays upbringing culture and mother languages are worlds apart. I don't even think their marriage would survive a child they'd constantly fight over what language it should learn and what country to raise it in and how to raise it and if they should let it grow up in the public eye or hide it from the world. And I'm sure the familys would want a word in all this. And while all that drama goes down Tay will constantly feel pressured to stay young and beautiful. God the whole idea sounds like a shit show to me. 

Edited by elefire

Posted

it's day 17  in the title but thumbnail is 16...

got to get those yellow fever people to click eh? 

Posted (edited)

got to get those yellow fever people to click eh? 

to me it's funny how she tries to pose as an 'Asian culture expert', because of being in Asia for so many years yet she doesn't know the obvious things like superstition on number 4 or Hong Kong traditions. Aside of lunar new year and mid-autumn festival she didn't celebrate any other holiday.

I know many mixed couples, but she's one of the very few who put no effort to know your partner's culture. She doesn't even hold her chopsticks properly.

She does that with other topics as well - pretends to be the expert or that she has an actual opinion on some topic, but she's only riding on what's popular at the moment. She does it just for likes, as everything.

I lost all my respect to her after first defending Ew-san and then deleted it. Now she just purely annoy me. 

Edited by bongocat

Posted

to me it's funny how she tries to pose as an 'Asian culture expert', because of being in Asia for so many years yet she doesn't know the obvious things like superstition on number 4 or Hong Kong traditions. Aside of lunar new year and mid-autumn festival she didn't celebrate any other holiday.

I know many mixed couples, but she's one of the very few who put no effort to know your partner's culture. 

She does that with other topics as well - pretends to be the expert or that she has an actual opinion on some topic, but she's only riding on what's popular at the moment. She does it just for likes, as everything.

I lost all my respect to her after first defending Ew-san and then deleted it. Now she just purely annoy me. 

Yeah my significant other is chinese so these types of topics that are posted on youtube are always erk me in a way.(not all of them but a lot) "LOOK I HAVE A SHINY NEW TOY...I MEAN FOREIGN HUSBAND." I only think the time it felt genuine on her channel is when they were talking about christmas traditions. Yeah he didnt do a lot but it was still a conversation. I get it's to get people to click but it gets annoying sometimes. 

RIght? Like she was so excited to show off hong kong but it still feels foreign to her. Even her food videos she just stood out and not oh she is a foreigner kind of way but she just wasnt interested. 

Posted (edited)

The things is if they can pull it off, kudos to them. I personally could not see me flying from country to country, living in one home for a few months then in the other. All the stress and worry (about the house you're not currently in ... think about if they're in Canada and there's a leak in the HK one?) would be too much for me. I honestly don't see how well this will work out for them. Yes, they still enjoy it now but what will be in a few months? Or years?

Taylor is clearly the happiest when she's Canada, aka with her family. Elbow San seems to enjoy Canada too so why not stay there? He could travel from country to country if his job really requires so. But what does Taylor have in HK? Her (paid) assistant / friend? The only thing she does there is cheap DIY projects and / or shopping. At least in Canada she has her grandma? 

I know you should make comprises as a (working) couple but even when she's in HK Elbow San is often away? So what difference makes it if she's home alone in Canada or HK? I personally don't even think that HE sees HK as a true home?! Might be mistaken. 

What about Rosie? The constant travel (and quarantine if I'm not mistaken?) will take a toll on her too. 

I'm not saying they should settle for ONE home - or am I? - but it would be best for all of them. 

Yeah, I've thought about this too. I feel like having two homes would be so stressful and honestly it just seems like a waste of money to me. One of my uncle's is pretty well off and they have two homes in different states in the US, and even that seems like it would be too much to take care of. It just seems like such a waste of money to be having to pay for a house you're only in for a couple of months.

The logistics of owning a house in another country seems even more ridiculous than owning one in another state. The amount of travelling and money they're going to spend back and forth between HK and Canada just seems astronomical to me. I definitely think they should've just chosen one place and settled down there, they could always take trips to vacation in whichever area they didn't choose. I also think that Rosie is going to suffer a lot and be upset and confused when Tay is gone.

Little rant...

I don't trust Tom with his own child! I imagen him dressing them up all the time and showing them off to everyone including his pervy MC college's or spoiling them to death or being a helicopter parent. And he would definitely want to teach them his language he would teach Tay but she's too lazy he said. If she's that lazy how the hell will she raise and take care of a child. Will, she just push the child off to some nanny?! I feel like she'd desperately try to be the centre of attention and be a young fit perfect model mother. And how would this poor child feel always being dragged from one culture to the next? I mean Tom's and Tays upbringing culture and mother languages are worlds apart. I don't even think their marriage would survive a child they'd constantly fight over what language it should learn and what country to raise it in and how to raise it and if they should let it grow up in the public eye or hide it from the world. And I'm sure the familys would want a word in all this. And while all that drama goes down Tay will constantly feel pressured to stay young and beautiful. God the whole idea sounds like a shit show to me. 

I agree that all of these concerns are valid, but it's not like Tom and Tay are the first interracial couple to ever exist. Those are issues that have been successfully navigated by other couples, it's definitely possible. Sure there are issues and fights that come along with raising a child from two people of different cultures, but there are usually fights about raising it the "right way" regardless.

I know many mixed couples, but she's one of the very few who put no effort to know your partner's culture. 

I think it's hilarious and cringey that she tries to act all interested and knowledgeable because to me it honestly seems like she really doesn't care all that much. Like sure she's interested in Asian skincare, fashion, nails or makeup or whatnot (essentially "superficial" things) but she's not truly interested in the history or culture.

In her Vlogmas 17 video it almost came across that she was just doing it for the video. She doesn't care enough to actually put effort into learning Cantonese or even Japanese and barely knew how to hold a basic conversation despite living in both countries for multiple years and literally having an in-home tutor via Tom. Like that's just laziness at it's peak and it really irritates me that she's not even bothering to insert herself into Tom's culture. 

I think she'll definitely be raising her child in a super Westernized way and only teach it English because it's what's easiest for her. How is she even going to teach it Cantonese/Mandarin when she doesn't even know it or have enough interest to learn it herself? Like, I took Mandarin in high school for four years and could hold a basic conversation (and we all know high school language classes are nothing exceptional). Tay lived in Hong Kong for multiple years and is literally engaged to a man from HK and barely even knows how to say "right" or "dragon" in Cantonese?? It's laughable. And I understand languages are difficult and not everyone is gifted, but dang.

Edited by regina-george-

Posted

Yeah, I've thought about this too. I feel like having two homes would be so stressful and honestly it just seems like a waste of money to me. One of my uncle's is pretty well off and they have two homes in different states in the US, and even that seems like it would be too much to take care of. It just seems like such a waste of money to be having to pay for a house you're only in for a couple of months.

The logistics of owning a house in another country seems even more ridiculous than owning one in another state. The amount of travelling and money they're going to spend back and forth between HK and Canada just seems astronomical to me. I definitely think they should've just chosen one place and settled down there, they could always take trips to vacation in whichever area they didn't choose. I also think that Rosie is going to suffer a lot and be upset and confused when Tay is gone.

I agree that all of these concerns are valid, but it's not like Tom and Tay are the first interracial couple to ever exist. Those are issues that have been successfully navigated by other couples, it's definitely possible. Sure there are issues and fights that come along with raising a child from two people of different cultures, but there are usually fights about raising it the "right way" regardless.

I think it's hilarious and cringey that she tries to act all interested and knowledgeable because to me it honestly seems like she really doesn't care all that much. Like sure she's interested in Asian skincare, fashion, nails or makeup or whatnot (essentially "superficial" things) but she's not truly interested in the history or culture.

In her Vlogmas 17 video it almost came across that she was just doing it for the video. She doesn't care enough to actually put effort into learning Cantonese or even Japanese and barely knew how to hold a basic conversation despite living in both countries for multiple years and literally having an in-home tutor via Tom. Like that's just laziness at it's peak and it really irritates me that she's not even bothering to insert herself into Tom's culture. 

I think she'll definitely be raising her child in a super Westernized way and only teach it English because it's what's easiest for her. How is she even going to teach it Cantonese/Mandarin when she doesn't even know it or have enough interest to learn it herself? Like, I took Mandarin in high school for four years and could hold a basic conversation (and we all know high school language classes are nothing exceptional). Tay lived in Hong Kong for multiple years and is literally engaged to a man from HK and barely even knows how to say "right" or "dragon" in Cantonese?? It's laughable. And I understand languages are difficult and not everyone is gifted, but dang.

My personal opinion is that Cantonese next to English for a non native speaker is one of the hardest languages to learn. Japanese is hard but it's a lot easier than Cantonese. Heck even attempt Mandarin.  If I lived there I def would attempt but since she knows people to translate, she probably doesnt care. Heck if she isnt doing shit around the house, just try to learn it an hour or two a day. 

Posted

it's day 17  in the title but thumbnail is 16...

Her abysmal skills are just unexcusable. I've gone the super lazy route with trying to learn Mandarin/Cantonese (very busy but interested so I try to do low-pressure learning rn lol) and done a couple lessons on memrise for Mandarin, as well as watched Meteor Garden on Netflix. Super easy, super lazy way to learn, but I've picked up much more than Taylor has in the span of a month or two than she has in YEARS.... I'm just surprised that she thinks being lazy is a valid excuse to not knowing the basics. Surprised that she was able to survive for so long in Asia. 

Posted

I know many mixed couples, but she's one of the very few who put no effort to know your partner's culture. She doesn't even hold her chopsticks properly.

What did she do wrong with the chopsticks? I don't feel like going back through the video, but I must have missed it. 

Posted

Tay must be literally lazy in anything.. :/

Didnt she mention in her draw my life video how her mom or grandma took her to a model audition and not even herself? Then from that agency she got sent to hongkong and gave her jobs, from there she met Tom and from him she also got gigs and support for everything else. And now living mostly off of him, like never in her life she had to work or support herself ever? 

Posted

What did she do wrong with the chopsticks? I don't feel like going back through the video, but I must have missed it. 

I'm not sure if it's in this video as I tend to skip through it, but if you look at her foodie videos she's crossing them like scissors: something like in the pic below. I'm not saying everyone should know how to use them, but God if you spend 1/3 of your life in Asia and you're married to an Asian man maybe you would actually learn how to use them? 

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania crossing the chopsticks

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania crossing the chopsticks

Didnt she mention in her draw my life video how her mom or grandma took her to a model audition and not even herself? Then from that agency she got sent to hongkong and gave her jobs, from there she met Tom and from him she also got gigs and support for everything else. And now living mostly off of him, like never in her life she had to work or support herself ever? 

didn't he mention in one of her videos (Q&A I think) that he loves how "hardworking" and ambitious she is? :haiplz:

Posted

I mean she was still a minor when her mom did take her into auditions. She was 16ish? 

Now Im paranoid how I use chopsticks but Im not live in the west xD I was taught the pencil method from my japanese teacher > . > whoops

Posted

I don't know about the chopsticks thing because I have a Korean friend I made while living in Asia who has absolutely NO idea how to use them (and would always be amazed at me being able to). Needless to say I teased him about this all the time but... there are people out there, even those born in those countries LOL

Posted

My personal opinion is that Cantonese next to English for a non native speaker is one of the hardest languages to learn. Japanese is hard but it's a lot easier than Cantonese. Heck even attempt Mandarin.  If I lived there I def would attempt but since she knows people to translate, she probably doesnt care. Heck if she isnt doing shit around the house, just try to learn it an hour or two a day. 

It is very hard for a native English speaker. My daughter is 7 (native English speaker) and can speak/read/write in Mandarin only because she attends an immersion school. I on the other hand have been attempting to teach myself and it's nothing like learning a European language. It is very difficult for me but I still feel I know more than she does and I'm not even married to a Chinese man. Once you get the basics down, it makes senses though. I'm assuming Cantonese is very similar. I did notice the word for dragon in Cantonese is the same in Mandarin when it was brought up in the video. 

Posted

If she wants to portray herself as a hardworking, bossbitch who is also worldly...you can learn at least a few words.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it's a hard language or if most people can speak English there or if you sit in your house the whole day or if you're not talented in languages. I find it so rude to live in a country for a prolonged period of time and not even try to learn the basics. It doesn't even matter if it's not 100% correct, imo. It just shows respect for a culture and for the people living there if you can speak the language at least a little.