Taylor R - videos #2

2005 posts in this topic

Posted

Not really, you can buy Zelda without any problem, the only thing hard to find is the console if you don't want to buy it from scalpers, second hand market or auctions. You can buy Zelda right now in Amazon Japan , Bic Camera Website or Amiami among other places, is not hard to find in Japan. Plus you can download the game digitally.

I beat the game and is one of the best games ever but requires a lot of commitment and hours, I doubt Taylor or even Sharla (she has it) will have enough time to play this kind of game to completion.

So it's gotten available again.  Back when my husband bought it (months ago) it was hard to get Zelda too.  I haven't checked since if that's changed.  Sounds like it has.  

I honestly don't care if they Sharla or Taylor buy Zelda or if they complete it.  I'm just surprised at how many comments are popping up over a poorly-told joke about her not having Zelda.  

People are rushing to argue about whether she does or doesn't.  She's not a gamer!  She' doesn't have enough time to play!  She has time to play!  On and on it goes.  

wth... ?  

O.o

Posted

Wow, I just meant that as a playful joke.  As in a Switch, but no Zelda?!  The nerve!  
I didn't meant for it to cause speculations and a defense of "she didn't claim to be a gamer"  

As for the Switch it's been extremely hard to get the game and Switch here in Japan.  They are sold out almost everywhere and you have to wait for a lottery to get one at Bic camera.  I guess that's finally dying down?  Maybe?  So it would not be surprising if they couldn't get the game.  

whoa hang on I didn't quote you! I didn't even read any comments yet. So I my comment was unrelated. I love the game and the Switch; that's all. I was making the same joke... but was late apparently...

Posted

whoa hang on I didn't quote you! I didn't even read any comments yet. So I my comment was unrelated. I love the game and the Switch; that's all. I was making the same joke... but was late apparently...

Oh good!

I actually hadn't seen your comment yet.  But I'm glad to see someone else getting it.  :)  

Posted

^

Posted

I mean, I think the slight problem I have with Taylor-videos like this - and it might just be nit-picky, really - ...they are never really reviews. It's more like a vlog where she does something a bit more specific, but it's not informative and not planned. And for a review - even when it's about silly things - I would find it better if it was edited or planned better. But that's just my personal opinion. Other than that I find it nice how Elbow-san supports her by helping her film.

Posted

I won't watch this video, because I don't like her "weird things videos". It's to cringy, And usually, she uses products that are not widely used in Japan.

It's like I would make videos of stupid stuffs sold in my countries that no one know or care, add the name of my country in the title, and people that are interested in my culture will watch them, thinking that it's the norm. And all countries sell weird things, it's not just Japan!

I like a rent about these kind of videos that Rachel made some time ago. I would post a link, but I'm not sure if I can, as it's the section about Taylor.

Posted

Her videos still go for too long. I have to watch them at 1.5 speed to get through them

Posted

Taylor's hair in the talking moments was pretty. Elbow-san being supportive is nice too.

Overall, I'm not too fond of "weird things!!" videos unless it's from Bunny(grav3yardgirl). Almost all jvloggers(and not only jvloggers) have made videos like this, and most often they're rather boring and pointless. In this case as well. 

I mean, I think the slight problem I have with Taylor-videos like this - and it might just be nit-picky, really - ...they are never really reviews. It's more like a vlog where she does something a bit more specific, but it's not informative and not planned. And for a review - even when it's about silly things - I would find it better if it was edited or planned better. But that's just my personal opinion. Other than that I find it nice how Elbow-san supports her by helping her film.

She doesn't state anywhere(title or description) that it's a review though :alpacaconfused:(I actually can't imagine her doing reviews for some reason, maybe because of how monotone she sounds when she talks).

Posted

Taylor's hair in the talking moments was pretty. Elbow-san being supportive is nice too.

Overall, I'm not too fond of "weird things!!" videos unless it's from Bunny(grav3yardgirl). Almost all jvloggers(and not only jvloggers) have made videos like this, and most often they're rather boring and pointless. In this case as well. 

She doesn't state anywhere(title or description) that it's a review though :alpacaconfused:(I actually can't imagine her doing reviews for some reason, maybe because of how monotone she sounds when she talks).

Pointless?  You mean you aren't going to rush to a store right not to order 10 poop bombs, 20 boob bombs, and a ramen noodle sponge.  

It's like you're saying it's pointless to do a weird video about things almost no one buys except as a gag or to make a silly video...  

;)  

Posted

No, I know she didn't call it a review, and that's fine and all. It's just I like such videos more if they are more informative and more review-ish. That's all. :-)

Posted

When she's kneeling on the floor and giggling about the poop bath bomb it seriously feels like she's a small child and Elbow-san is her parent. 

This is very nitpicky, but if this is supposed to be part of a series on weird Japanese things (which is overplayed, but that's a different story), then I feel like she should write the name of the series and "episode 2" in the title. For the first one she called it "5 Weird Things in Japan (Episode 1) | Nose Wax." The inconsistency just gets to me.

Also interesting how at the end of her video she gave a little introduction to her channel. Guess she's hoping to keep a lot of people interested after her boots video blew up.

Posted

What a boring video. I liked the idea, just executed poorly. She just kept dwelling on the same item, talking to elbow San behind the camera for too long. Not really engaging the viewer and overall too long.

Posted

Also interesting how at the end of her video she gave a little introduction to her channel. Guess she's hoping to keep a lot of people interested after her boots video blew up.

I caught that, too! Pretty presumptuous of her :happee: It's a blessing and a curse if she does get a lot more traction on YouTube as I'm sure there'd be a lot more cringe to suffer through. I still enjoyed this video! I hated her bathing suit, but whatever, it's her body. I just don't buy the excuse of "family friendly". There's nothing wrong with a bathing suit and I'm sure she could find one she's comfortable in. I guess to her swimming in a bathing suit isn't appropriate. Her and those body issues, blah.