• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

That was such a sweet video! For all the speculations people voice about only dating someone for looks/money, we'll never know. But from what Taylor shows, it looks like a loving relationship. I'm happy for her. Looking forward to her wedding planning videos.

Posted

I feel like I'm just going to repeat something that other people have already said better than me, but congratulations to the engagement! Taylor looks so happy in the video.

Also, I do think they actually love each other; even if money and looks may or may not have been a part of it from the beginning and might still be to an extent they do seem to actually love each other. They have a dynamic that signalizes "genuine love" to me way more than a couple like, just to give an example, president Dufus and Melania.

Posted

Idk if this has been discussed but I wonder where will they go for their honey moon..

I hope they go somewhere in Africa, like Egypt or South Africa. Id love to see honey moon vlogs about those places!!

Posted

Idk if this has been discussed but I wonder where will they go for their honey moon..

I hope they go somewhere in Africa, like Egypt or South Africa. Id love to see honey moon vlogs about those places!!

Those places are not ideal for relaxed and safe time. :alpacaworry:

Posted

Those places are not ideal for relaxed and safe time. :alpacaworry:

I agree, but I do wish they'll head to somewhere new! They've been to Japan, China, HK, Paris, UK, USA, Canada... Thailand? Even a around-trip to multiple places would be cool!

Posted

LOL I agree

we can't even see sharla's face but come on... that's her reaction...? it's so bland like her so it fits i guess

She probably knew it was going to happen at some point she just didn't know when.  I have a feeling they've talked about when or if Elbow san would ever pop the question considering their best friends and Sharla is already married.

Also, I can now say Taylor and Tom have a much more believable relationship than Sharla and Keyboard-san...

It might just seem like that because of the lack of Keyboard san in Sharla's videos (and the fact that we never even hear about her hanging out with him, only just her and her other friends) and the fact we know almost nothing about him but I hope I'm just speculating. Maybe once she finally reveals his face he'll start showing up in other videos in bits and pieces like Tom did and their relationship will be more visible to us. Right now it just feels odd...

Posted

She probably knew it was going to happen at some point she just didn't know when.  I have a feeling they've talked about when or if Elbow san would ever pop the question considering their best friends and Sharla is already married.

Also, I can now say Taylor and Tom have a much more believable relationship than Sharla and Keyboard-san...

It might just seem like that because of the lack of Keyboard san in Sharla's videos (and the fact that we never even hear about her hanging out with him, only just her and her other friends) and the fact we know almost nothing about him but I hope I'm just speculating. Maybe once she finally reveals his face he'll start showing up in other videos in bits and pieces like Tom did and their relationship will be more visible to us. Right now it just feels odd...

I just find it odd that neither (S&K) have bothered to learn each others languages. Taylor even tries to learn Chinese (not sure if mandarin or cantonese) and Tom already knows English. I would find it important to be able to talk in my mother-tongue with my SO, even just a little bit.

Posted (edited)

^cantonese

I don't know, it never bothered me that my fiancé doesn't speak polish and I don't think he was ever bothered that I don't speak cantonese (edit: I just asked him, he said "no, not really, why would I?"). I'm trying to learn cantonese because when we visit his family in Hong Kong not a single person in his family speaks english and for two weeks the only people I spoke to was him and our son... And we were out with his family ALL the time so I felt really left out and awkward. I like his mom, I'd like to talk to her at least a little bit. My parents speak a little bit of english so it is not really a problem for him.

Also, I thought Sharla is learning korean?

Edited by Inka

Posted

^cantonese

I don't know, it never bothered me that my fiancé doesn't speak polish and I don't think he was ever bothered that I don't speak cantonese (edit: I just asked him, he said "no, not really, why would I?"). I'm trying to learn cantonese because when we visit his family in Hong Kong not a single person in his family speaks english and for two weeks the only people I spoke to was him and our son... And we were out with his family ALL the time so I felt really left out and awkward. I like his mom, I'd like to talk to her at least a little bit. My parents speak a little bit of english so it is not really a problem for him.

Also, I thought Sharla is learning korean?

It's just my opinion and how I feel about it and it's okay if you don't agree. As long as you can communicate properly then who is anyone to say anything to that.

Sharla just started learning korean because they are living in Korea now. There's no other reason for it.

Posted (edited)

*double post..

Edited by rieaku

Posted

Nah, I’m sure she said in some lf the videos before they even got married that she’s learning korean, but that she doesn’t actually spend much time doing it.

Posted

I'm happy for Taylor because her happiness feels genuine and Tom too seems like a good person. That said, I don't think anyone would find it as cute and #goals if she was marrying a frumpy working class older man and going to live with him in a crummy HK apartment, no $2000 per night hotel proposal or $50k diamond ring. I also find it pretty ironic that she had to ask her fans to donate money for the HK dogs shelter when her fiance has this kind of money to blow on her (of course they might've donated a lot already, I don't know). To me it's all very excessive and a bit pointless, but judging by the reactions this thread too I think many people enjoy this kind of stuff :D so I can't really criticise Taylor for it. Of course, at the end of the day everyone can choose to spend their money how they like and Taylor definitely seems to find this glitzy materialistic lifestyle very appealing. Overall, I'd say her and Tom are a good match so I wish them the best!

Posted (edited)

I'm happy for Taylor because her happiness feels genuine and Tom too seems like a good person. That said, I don't think anyone would find it as cute and #goals if she was marrying a frumpy working class older man and going to live with him in a crummy HK apartment, no $2000 per night hotel proposal or $50k diamond ring. I also find it pretty ironic that she had to ask her fans to donate money for the HK dogs shelter when her fiance has this kind of money to blow on her (of course they might've donated a lot already, I don't know). To me it's all very excessive and a bit pointless, but judging by the reactions this thread too I think many people enjoy this kind of stuff :D so I can't really criticise Taylor for it. Of course, at the end of the day everyone can choose to spend their money how they like and Taylor definitely seems to find this glitzy materialistic lifestyle very appealing. Overall, I'd say her and Tom are a good match so I wish them the best!

I don't think it's fair to imply that just because she and Tom have money that Taylor shouldn't have asked for donations from fans. That was her using her platform to do good, not beg for money. Tbh one of the better series she'd had on her channel in awhile, too...

And idk about you, but I'm a sucker for marriage proposals.... I've seen maaaaany of them on Youtube and online through the years and I cry almost every time lol. This was definitely one of the more excessive ones I've seen but it doesn't trump any other one I've seen bc of that? Honestly I think the ring is huge and tacky but.... knowing how loaded he is and the lavish lives they lead anyway, I'd expect no less. 

Edited by sylveon

Posted

I'm giving taylor and tom the benefit of the doubt and say that they themselves donated to the shelter as well

I'm giving taylor and tom the benefit of the doubt and say that they themselves donated to the shelter as well

Posted

I don't think it's fair to imply that just because she and Tom have money that Taylor shouldn't have asked for donations from fans. That was her using her platform to do good, not beg for money. Tbh one of the better series she'd had on her channel in awhile, too...

And idk about you, but I'm a sucker for marriage proposals.... I've seen maaaaany of them on Youtube and online through the years and I cry almost every time lol. This was definitely one of the more excessive ones I've seen but it doesn't trump any other one I've seen bc of that? Honestly I think the ring is huge and tacky but.... knowing how loaded he is and the lavish lives they lead anyway, I'd expect no less. 

No I'm glad that she made that video too ! :D I just think there's some hypocritical aspects to it too. 

Otherwise I guess I just don't watch this type of videos usually so I don't know, but I'm glad I'm not the only who finds her ring huge and tacky lol