• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Taylor R - videos #2

8086 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Everyone has their own body, which works differently. I think it's wrong to assume people have an ED because they have a naturally skinny body or frame. I personally am 164cm, ideal body weight 48kg~50kg! I reached 60kg~65kg for a bad period of my life and had 31% of body fat! (if you don't know young people should have around 20%) 

It's not wrong to worry about your weight. You know what makes you feel good and you notice the difference. 

If she likes her self the best with 5kg less, then let her do her thing. She eats healthy and exercices so it's not like she's being unhealthy and making bad decisions (ED) - I do agree she looks super fine right now though, plus she's quite tall too  

Weight is a sensitive matter since it varies alot considering our opinions, background, culture, etc. 

I can agree with this really deeply. BUT here's the thing: I don't think Taylor should have mentioned how much she weights. I can appreciate the honesty, as I'm an adult I can reason with it. Many teenagers can't. Taylor has said many times how "I'm fat, I'm the heaviest I've ever been, I need to lose weight, is my fat hanging out" and she weights 53 kg. That's the issue I'm having. If she feels this way then I'm sorry for her (but also know the feeling as I've been there myself) but she shouldn't say those things and then come out being "I'm actually underweight by BMI but hey! That's still fat!". Her friend has a serious body dysmorphia and suffers from some kind of ED, so we know how hurtful these kinds of statements can be for young girls. 

Edit: Oh wow, she got mad..

Näyttökuva 2018-6-24 kello 23.41.01.png

Edited by rieaku

Posted (edited)

I can agree with this really deeply. BUT here's the thing: I don't think Taylor should have mentioned how much she weights. I can appreciate the honesty, as I'm an adult I can reason with it. Many teenagers can't. Taylor has said many times how "I'm fat, I'm the heaviest I've ever been, I need to lose weight, is my fat hanging out" and she weights 53 kg. That's the issue I'm having. If she feels this way then I'm sorry for her (but also know the feeling as I've been there myself) but she shouldn't say those things and then come out being "I'm actually underweight by BMI but hey! That's still fat!". Her friend has a serious body dysmorphia and suffers from some kind of ED, so we know how hurtful these kinds of statements can be for young girls. 

I completely agree with you, even more when her audience is made of naive and ignorant young girls, completely uneducated about health/weight and such that will just stupidly compare themselves to her. She should be more carefull with this types of topics. :alpacadone:

Edited by Momoiro

Posted

I personally am 164cm, ideal body weight 48kg~50kg! I reached 60kg~65kg for a bad period of my life and had 31% of body fat! (if you don't know young people should have around 20%) 

It's not wrong to worry about your weight. You know what makes you feel good and you notice the difference. 

I'm sorry but I have to correct you.

The healthy weight for ~165 cm is 65 kg. Saying that it's 48 (jesus christ that's nothing) could be really harmful.
Ofcourse it also depends how old you are, but someone in their 20s and older should not be at 48 kg.
It's clinically underweight. I will not debate this further. 

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but I have to correct you.
The healthy weight for ~165 cm is 65 kg. Saying that it's 48 (jesus christ that's nothing) could be really harmful.
Ofcourse it also depends how old you are, but someone in their 20s and older should not be at 48 kg.
It's clinically underweight. I will not debate this further. 

I said for me PERSONALLY, it was ideal. BMI varies a lot. How your body distributes fat, your constitution, frame, etc. That's why it isn't that reliable, which has been proven in the past. 

Generalizing is wrong as I said before, many girls can be 165~170cm and weight 70kg and above, and being healthy, and some other weighting 50kg and being healthy as well. We aren't all the same, small people weight less, bigger frame people weight more, you can't expect us to be different and weight all the same.

Then don't debate, but don't say such a thing and expect me not to answer back 😂

Edited by Momoiro

Posted

I said for me PERSONALLY, it was ideal. BMI varies a lot. How your body distributes fat, your constitution, frame, etc. That's why it isn't that reliable, which has been proven in the past. 

Generalizing is wrong as I said before, many girls can be 165~170cm and weight 70kg and above, and being healthy, and some other weighting 50kg and being healthy as well. We aren't all the same, small people weight less, bigger frame people weight more, you can't expect us to be different and weight all the same.

Then don't debate, but don't say such a thing and expect me not to answer back 😂

Exactly! Your race has a say how much you should weight, your overall health has a say in it, there are so many factors that play into what's healthy and what's not. We can all agree that being 170 and weighting under 45 kg isn't good nor is weighting over 90 kg good, but even then it all depends how your body is build. Keeping the subject in Taylor, I already explained why I think it was a bad idea for her to state her weight. Not because there's something wrong with how much she weights but because she has painted it to be "so bad and heavy that she's the fattest she's ever been" and there by implying that weighting how much she does is a bad thing. Clearly not her point, but it can be taken that way if you are sensitive to the subject of weight or still developing.

I wish I could also go around this forum saying things and end them with "DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!". Oh the privilege some people have.

Posted

Trust me, it's not an ED mindset.

I'm mexican. My dinning table is always packed with food, and my mom and grandma are really enthusiastic about us eating until we finish everything (and trust me, we can't leave the table if we don't finish lmao). As the other used said, our bodies are just like that. When I was little I had a hard time, I tried doing diet for gaining weight, I tried eating more and more and more, but it's really hard for me. No matter what I eat, my body seems to burn everything down lol. 

And again, I was around 60kg after I went abroad to South Korea. I ate McDonnalds like crazy, didn't move that much, used to eat street food and drink tons of soda.

So in that sense, yes, I can relate to Taylor. 

Everyone has their own body, which works differently. I think it's wrong to assume people have an ED because they have a naturally skinny body or frame. I personally am 164cm, ideal body weight 48kg~50kg! I reached 60kg~65kg for a bad period of my life and had 31% of body fat! (if you don't know young people should have around 20%) 

If she likes her self the best with 5kg less, then let her do her thing. She eats healthy and exercices so it's not like she's being unhealthy and making bad decisions (ED) - I do agree she looks super fine right now though, plus she's quite tall too  

Weight is a sensitive matter since it varies alot considering our opinions, background, culture, etc. 

what is reading comprehension? i only mention i myself looked the worst at that weight, and that the MINDSET isn't the healthiest, specifically cause i had and still kinda have that mindset even tho i consider myself recovered now. this is what i commented on mostly. combined with Tay's constant obsession with her weight

but I just saw so much unnecessary fat on my body which wasn't natural for me.

this literally screams unhealthy but to each their own. it's just something i've struggled with and kinda lowkey still do so it really sounds worrying to me tbh. not to mention, Taylor specifically seems to have unhealthy relationship with food which, again, i do kinda understand but it doesn't mean it's ok. sorry for getting off topic tho, just ... it's kinda a sensitive topic for me and i'd hate to see anyone go down that route cause it's really fcking horrible :/ 

on topic - the vid was probably just an attempt to gain views, tbh she seems like she has no idea what she wants to do with her channel,as usual. do they speak english a lot in hong kong? maybe she should try going out more and filming idk literally anything as other people have suggested.if they don't i'd get the language barrier and all, chinese seems really hard to learn, but...i wish she'd go out more and meet people, i think it would probably make her feel better in addition to giving her more content  

Posted

Can we talk about the real victory of this video.

No hair strands 😂😂😂

Posted

Hidden Content

on topic - the vid was probably just an attempt to gain views, tbh she seems like she has no idea what she wants to do with her channel,as usual. do they speak english a lot in hong kong? maybe she should try going out more and filming idk literally anything as other people have suggested.if they don't i'd get the language barrier and all, chinese seems really hard to learn, but...i wish she'd go out more and meet people, i think it would probably make her feel better in addition to giving her more content  

It was but also it was a better vlog. I would disagree with you but her channel is a mess. This video would had been great in Japan when she did videos like these but its all over the place. I enjoyed the video but looking at her content that is what is cringy. 

Posted

Can we talk about the real victory of this video.

No hair strands 😂😂😂

Didn't even realize that :D That's why she looked good!

Posted

I wish I could also go around this forum saying things and end them with "DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!". Oh the privilege some people have.

Because there is no point arguing medical facts. I know, digging my own grave here since everybody seems to think that moronic video was fine, but saying that such a low weight is normal could really trigger people with EDs, and that's why there was no point discussing it. Just stop. 

Posted (edited)

Because there is no point arguing medical facts. I know, digging my own grave here since everybody seems to think that moronic video was fine, but saying that such a low weight is normal could really trigger people with EDs, and that's why there was no point discussing it. Just stop. 

People with ED are going to be triggered by their own lives and even by their friends even if the friends did nothing wrong. Ive worked with ED college girls and it's more than just a youtube video to set things off.

edit: my point was that this video alone won't trigger an ED. If not a video, the person in their class or a person walking down a street. It takes weeks many years of therapy to overcome. 

Edited by Lorared

Posted

People with ED are going to be triggered by their own lives and even by their friends even if the friends did nothing wrong. Ive worked with ED college girls and it's more than just a youtube video to set things off.

oh  trust me... a video can set things off

Posted (edited)

She weights 53 kg?! And she thinks she needs to lose?! Come on! You are putting on unrealistic body goals to your young fans! She was wearing clothes and holding a camera also so she's probably lighter, say 52 kg? And when she says she's already put on 5 kg after moving to HK, she used to weight 47-48 kg before? Dude...

Just guessing here but she might have weighed even less than 47-48kg at some point when she didn't have her period... I understand that the  recent weight gain might make her feel uncomfortable as she's used to weighing less, I'm just not sure whether her lower weight is actually healthy for her or just something she's gotten used to as a (former) model. BUT that's obviously something we don't know and while I can't deny that her video made me worry a bit about her, I don't want to jump to any conclusions about her physical and mental health.

Edited by sulla_luna

Posted (edited)

I wish Taylor hadn't put up a weight loss video. I suffer from anorexia with Bulimic tendencies and I'm much shorter than Taylor and weigh much more. Her bmi is literally 0.1 away from being underweight and she thinks she needs to lose... It was incredibly triggering for me. 

EDIT 

People are saying whether or not someone should or should not be triggered but the overall matter here is that its generally irresponsible of herself to be showing a near underweight weight and wanting to lose. Underweight is not just a matter of being skinny but is moreso a matter of health and realistically it isn't healthy for her to be losing any weight?  If she wants to lose weight she shouldn't have shown her weight at all or she should have not done the video at all. Its setting unrealistic standards and her comment section is already full of people who are incredibly unhappy from what I've seen 

Edited by mochi kandi