• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8761 posts in this topic

Posted

Because she didn't mention it anywhere in her video. No one is assuming anything, I never said "SHE DIDN'T EVEN ASK PERMISSION! THAT SKANK!" I only pointed out that I hope she did.

Why she should mention it? :alpacaworry:

Posted

Why she should mention it? :alpacaworry:

Because having someone's permission to film their special day and post it online isn't something everybody wants. I'm sorry, I'm going to be rude here: how dense are you? You are derailing on purpose, you seem to have no common sense and clearly no understanding of privacy.

Posted (edited)

:alpacacrush:

Edited by Summerset
nma

Posted

The fact her friend knew she was filming for a video and that she has mentioned of doing a video for her like her sister, I believe her friend knows. 

Posted

i saw some of y'all talking about taylor as a kid, saying she was normal and i agree. for a kid her age, its normal to have some baby fat but keep in mind that some families dont understand. I used to think I was a fat kid and I still struggle with my body image, but looking back at old pictures, i wasn't fat, people around me made me believe that. I also compared myself a lot to my cousins who had and still have thin slim figures, i was as young as 5 years old. trust me.

dont forget that taylor is in the modelling industry and i think you're all aware of how body image is perceived there.

Posted

Honestly Taylor treats her friends like gold. She deserves more friends. 

Her problem is that she gets used a lot by pseudo friends, she doesn't know how to chose and I feel really bad for her, I hope she can find some good friend in HK, some real friends to have in her wedding when the time comes instead of, you know, Sharla :alpacadone:

i saw some of y'all talking about taylor as a kid, saying she was normal and i agree. for a kid her age, its normal to have some baby fat but keep in mind that some families dont understand. I used to think I was a fat kid and I still struggle with my body image, but looking back at old pictures, i wasn't fat, people around me made me believe that. I also compared myself a lot to my cousins who had and still have thin slim figures, i was as young as 5 years old. trust me.

dont forget that taylor is in the modelling industry and i think you're all aware of how body image is perceived there.

Probably its the last part what got her thinking she was fat and so on, she looks perfect now imo, much better than the recomended videos from 2013 or around of her doing workouts. 

Posted

Her problem is that she gets used a lot by pseudo friends, she doesn't know how to chose and I feel really bad for her, I hope she can find some good friend in HK, some real friends to have in her wedding when the time comes instead of, you know, Sharla :alpacadone:

Yep. You could always see it when they exchanged or sent each other gifts. And also how Taylor sent Sharla a big bouquet of flowers for her birthday. Has Sharla done anything extra nice for Taylor?? :alpacaconfused:

However I feel that she and Venus were genuine to each other, and it's a pity they are now so far away from eachother. I feel like Taylor was a really good influence and help for Venus too. 

Posted

I do agree it is a shame Venus and Taylor can't see each other as much as they can because I so believe their friendship is genuine compared to her friendship with Sharla.

Posted

I don't think her family called her fat but her school and people around her age. The photos she showed in her older video we're a bit bigger compared to the ones in her bff wedding. Plus she use to mention she ate a lot due to stress. I think she did gain more weight and decided to do something about it or the photos were just awkward in the I was fat video. I don't have an issue with her weight as a kid but something I've noticed.  Plus she did want to be a model too and that did more damage on body image. 

Posted

Btw: am I the only one who didn't think Taylor was "fat" in any of her childhood pictures? She has been talking about it so much how she used to be this fat kid for so long but already at age 13 she was skinny and beautiful. I didn't see it :/ 

haven't been online in a while so i'm behind but, this has been annoying me to no end. she was never fat, that's normal baby weight for a child...90% of the kids i knew at that age looked like that and it always felt to me like she wanted to get pity points for something, but her life was too perfect so she decided to cry about how she wasn't stick skinny since birth on camera. meh...

Posted

haven't been online in a while so i'm behind but, this has been annoying me to no end. she was never fat, that's normal baby weight for a child...90% of the kids i knew at that age looked like that and it always felt to me like she wanted to get pity points for something, but her life was too perfect so she decided to cry about how she wasn't stick skinny since birth on camera. meh...

I don't know if it was her way of trying to get a "relatable, inspiring story to motivate young girls to go for their dreams no matter what their bodies look like", or if she really was made to believe she was fat by teasing. There was another user here who said she was bullied into believing she was overweight in her childhood but when she looks back on her pictures she wasn't. I really do think Taylor believed she was fat, it wasn't just to get pity. Words have such a powerful hold on us and if you have to hear every single day for weeks or months that "you are fat", you are going to believe that. Same happened with Venus, her mother bullied her to have body dysmorphia. As an adult we can kinda reason with words but even now if someone was to tell me "you are fat" every single day I would eventually believe them be it true or not. A kid has no chance in this fight.

Posted

I don't know if it was her way of trying to get a "relatable, inspiring story to motivate young girls to go for their dreams no matter what their bodies look like", or if she really was made to believe she was fat by teasing. There was another user here who said she was bullied into believing she was overweight in her childhood but when she looks back on her pictures she wasn't. I really do think Taylor believed she was fat, it wasn't just to get pity. Words have such a powerful hold on us and if you have to hear every single day for weeks or months that "you are fat", you are going to believe that. Same happened with Venus, her mother bullied her to have body dysmorphia. As an adult we can kinda reason with words but even now if someone was to tell me "you are fat" every single day I would eventually believe them be it true or not. A kid has no chance in this fight.

that could also very well be true....but at that time she was really trying all she could to stay relevant so i got a different vibe from her....if she really has issues i do hope she manages to resolve them, i mean, she might be boring or annoying or w/e but she's not a bad person...

Posted (edited)

Exactly. She seems to be a good person, and I do belive she is. Why would a good person make up a story about bullying like that? I do belive her story, as I've always been so thin and I spent my life thinking I was fat just like her... So there's no point in making up a story about that, what would her friends, family and even school pals say if it was fake? Taylor can exagerate things to look more relatable sometimes (like the vegan thing, or the "no money" thing) but she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that.

That's more a Kota's thing (ahem, cancer).

Edited by Kokoroto

Posted

New video

Posted

I was ready to fast-forward because of the video length - 22 minutes - but it turned out to be surprisingly good. Only the first 5 minutes where she was talking with Moonie(Moony/Muni?) were sort of boring but after that the whole video was about weird fruits and tasting them. I would say it was this week's best video from Taylor, and I liked it much more than her previous food video(the mock meat one) but maybe that's just because I like fruits. And her assisstant got better at filming non-shaky footage, so that's a plus too.