Taylor R - videos #2

5528 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Did anyone else's eyes roll back into the Jurassic period when she said people were racist about the shirt? I'm assuming she means the comments that said they weren't rude to her because she's a young white woman as that's the only race related comments I can find...? Like that's not them being racist Tay, that's them explaining white privilege to you. I went through Ctrl F on the comments for a whole bunch of titty/shirt related keywords and 80% of them seemed positive, I couldn't find anything about race and only a few comments were actually rude, there were far more saying they loved her shirt  :alpacaconfused: I agree that some were quite sexist/old fashioned though. Hopeful that she was meaning something else, maybe the few people being a bit rude about HK or something. 

Reverse racism doesn't exist.

Edit: Wow, not as woke as I thought I guess. 

Edited by Goldfish

Posted

This video was quite nice, and gosh the curled hair looks a lot better on her, even when she said it already didn't look like when she had just done them! I also liked her style for the Pandora event. It's cute but still somewhat mature?

I was a bit confused though when she said it was her highest weight... Is it really? As she was... well... fat as a kid, from the picture I'd almost think she weighed more back then than she does now :alpacaconfused: 

But really, it doesn't strike me that she's put on 10lbs! And I'm really excited to see the new workout video, I'm curious to see if there's a big difference with her former workout videos :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

This video was quite nice, and gosh the curled hair looks a lot better on her, even when she said it already didn't look like when she had just done them! I also liked her style for the Pandora event. It's cute but still somewhat mature?

I was a bit confused though when she said it was her highest weight... Is it really? As she was... well... fat as a kid, from the picture I'd almost think she weighed more back then than she does now :alpacaconfused: 

But really, it doesn't strike me that she's put on 10lbs! And I'm really excited to see the new workout video, I'm curious to see if there's a big difference with her former workout videos :alpacaheadshake:

She was really young when she was "a fat kid". Being 120 cm while being 55 kg is a lot but when you are 170 cm and 56 kg is not.

Posted

I really enjoyed this vlog even if it’s a few days in one. I know not everyday is interesting a vlog worthy or there’s parts of the day where you need to shut down, so I enjoyed that she still put the footage together. 

I love her shopping vlogs and I mean I’ve already watched older videos so I wasn’t around back in the days where people wanted more, but her shopping vlogs give me like a look at what’s out there? I know it’s silly, but I’ve found out about so many things from watching her shop. I currently live in a town that isn’t very trendy or have trendy shops so when I go out of town (moving soon) I make a list of shops I want to visit based on what she’s shown. Example the Pusheen Halloween joggers from H&M. I bought their sweets Pusheen pants on a trip and I only knew about the joggers from her vlog so I mean I would have went to H&M anyways because I always do, but I wouldn’t have known to look for the pants.

Same with the recent video. I’ve never seen H&M home before and that short glance gave me a reason to look online and pick up a few things. Also same with Mugi but I won’t be going to Tokyo for a few months.

Posted

I really enjoyed this vlog even if it’s a few days in one. I know not everyday is interesting a vlog worthy or there’s parts of the day where you need to shut down, so I enjoyed that she still put the footage together. 

I love her shopping vlogs and I mean I’ve already watched older videos so I wasn’t around back in the days where people wanted more, but her shopping vlogs give me like a look at what’s out there? I know it’s silly, but I’ve found out about so many things from watching her shop. I currently live in a town that isn’t very trendy or have trendy shops so when I go out of town (moving soon) I make a list of shops I want to visit based on what she’s shown. Example the Pusheen Halloween joggers from H&M. I bought their sweets Pusheen pants on a trip and I only knew about the joggers from her vlog so I mean I would have went to H&M anyways because I always do, but I wouldn’t have known to look for the pants.

Same with the recent video. I’ve never seen H&M home before and that short glance gave me a reason to look online and pick up a few things. Also same with Mugi but I won’t be going to Tokyo for a few months.

This vlog had her old vlog feeling of talk in front of the camera but also going out and doing stuff. I liked it as well.

Myonly issues is those ponytail strands because they are blocking her face and she keeps makingexcuses on every video. 

Posted

This vlog had her old vlog feeling of talk in front of the camera but also going out and doing stuff. I liked it as well.

Myonly issues is those ponytail strands because they are blocking her face and she keeps makingexcuses on every video. 

Then she uses Ariana as an excuse like nooo people are sick of her hairstyle too, but I read she had a reason or something for why. Taylor is just being lazy, which I’m okay with here and there her hair doesn’t bother me, but for days she’s recording I would do a little more with my look. When her hair is styled she looks so mature and classy. Even if the curls didn’t last I still thought it was cute. On the hand I’ve been taking growing out my hair seriously and once I go outside I cannot stand having hair touch my neck in the summer so I can see having a hot survival hair to make being outside less annoying... but she did it all winter too. 

Posted (edited)

I really liked her last "I gained weight.." video. Finally she did a new hairstyle, yay! Also I can totally relate to hair not staying long curly. I myself have long naturally-straight hair and I could spend hrs curling them, only to become straight again after 1 hour :anime: Totally nerve-racking!

About the weight gain... can't believe that's coming from her. She is so lucky to have long thin legs, because when you gain weight, this is where most of the weight becomes obvious (well at least on me.. am only 160 cm (5'3")). She seems to be doing only aerobics? That's not a healthy approach to losing weight imo. I think doing some weights (in addition to some aerobics) is the best way to go. I always look up to German fitness model Pamela Reif for body inspiration and she does a hell of a lot of weights (she used to do only aerobics like Taylor and she says it was a very unhealthy period of her life).. see only aerobics vs. doing weights:

21186840_0139de43e7.jpg

Edited by BlueLavender
To add image

Posted

I have no problem saying that I really, truly loved her newest video with her best friend. It's everything a vlog should have: highlights, concise explanation, a little creativity with the book and photos of their childhood. I could really see how close they were (I have a bff since I was 4 years old as well, and we even had the same Sky Dancers and Esmeralda Barbie they show...agh I should give her a call haha).

I was supposed to be working with this vid in the background, but I just sat watching the screen the whole 9 mins. Well done Taylor! 

Posted

New video

Posted

I liked this video a lot but I am a huge sucker for friendship vids. lol

Made me wish I was still friends with my ex-best friend a little bit. 

Posted

I don't know if it's because of the trip to see her best friend, but Taylor looked sooo radiant and beautiful in this video, from beginning to the end. :o This has old vlog vibes, I'm digging it. I enjoyed it! 

Posted

Taylor has actual chemistry with Alyssa and that's why this video felt so effortless. 

Posted

I also liked this video but again, I have questions of privacy. I hope she asked her best friend if it was okay to post her wedding to the internet.. But I feel this is the type of videos Taylor excels at. She knows how to tell a good story, it leaves you with having emotions and makes you want to be or get better. At least they always have that effect in me. Her weird DIYs are nothing compared to these types of videos!

Btw: am I the only one who didn't think Taylor was "fat" in any of her childhood pictures? She has been talking about it so much how she used to be this fat kid for so long but already at age 13 she was skinny and beautiful. I didn't see it :/ 

Posted

This looks like a genuine friendship. No cringe moments like in her and Sharla's video. They both look great in this video.