• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9192 posts in this topic

Posted

It' almost disrespectful for her to talk about that when venus has made a similar video but  was so sincere and sad about how she used to tho k. It kind of shows who' more mature 

Posted

I feel like her whole "i'm so insecure" thing was fake. She did it to get sympathy comments. The way she carried on filming, acting all "urghh I don't feel pretty" it didn't seem genuine.

Nah her body language has been showing it for the last 2 years vs her fake videos. Plus she mumbles a lot when talking about her looks and she gets frustrated about it.

It' almost disrespectful for her to talk about that when venus has made a similar video but  was so sincere and sad about how she used to tho k. It kind of shows who' more mature 

I noticed that too but at the same time they both are struggling with body issues just venus i struggling with it more. 

Posted (edited)

Insecure girls would spend a whole vlog about how she doesnt like the way she looks. She isnt faking it.

Edited by Lorared

Posted

I actually think it's better for Venus to know she's not the only one who has these kinds of issues. That even someone like Taylor who is a model, has "the body goals" body still feels insecure and bad about herself. The best thing for someone in a dark place is to know they aren't the only ones there.

Posted

Does anyone else find it extremely off-putting that Elbow-san has such strong appearance-wise standards for Taylor? It would be fine if he'd be like "you can try but I don't think it'd look good" but he straight out dismisses her whenever she wants to try something new and sounds whiny asf.

Posted

Does anyone else find it extremely off-putting that Elbow-san has such strong appearance-wise standards for Taylor? It would be fine if he'd be like "you can try but I don't think it'd look good" but he straight out dismisses her whenever she wants to try something new and sounds whiny asf.

I think we should keep in mind English isn't his first language. IDK what their relationship is like outside of the videos but from experience, my mom's first language is Spanish and mine is English and even after 26 years of me being alive sometimes I misinterpret her intentions or her words because she thinks English makes no sense in a lot of ways and says its even worse after taking college classes because so many things can be misconstrued. I have no idea if that's the case with ES but it might be. 

I hope he gives Taylor words of encouragement about other things when we aren't watching. Maybe they play it up for her videos I'm not sure.

Her most recent video seemed the most real to me. Her showing how insecure she was and leaning out of the way at the event was super relatable. 

Posted

I think we should keep in mind English isn't his first language. IDK what their relationship is like outside of the videos but from experience, my mom's first language is Spanish and mine is English and even after 26 years of me being alive sometimes I misinterpret her intentions or her words because she thinks English makes no sense in a lot of ways and says its even worse after taking college classes because so many things can be misconstrued. I have no idea if that's the case with ES but it might be. 

I hope he gives Taylor words of encouragement about other things when we aren't watching. Maybe they play it up for her videos I'm not sure.

Her most recent video seemed the most real to me. Her showing how insecure she was and leaning out of the way at the event was super relatable. 

As true as this is, isn't English commonly used in HK? When I've been there I almost though everyone spoke English as first and Chinese second (I was young okay!). But I do also believe that if there is no other reason for him being like this is the language barrier.

Also, I've been rewatching Taylor's old videos (I miss her, the fake her) and she keeps calling herself idiot after every mistake she does! Constantly "I'm an idiot, Stupid Taylor, Taylor you idiot" and it's quite disturbing to hear when the mistakes she does aren't even that bad. But it made me think she's either heard someone say those things to her a lot and is not repeating it or she's super insecure and needs to say it before anyone else can.

Posted

As true as this is, isn't English commonly used in HK? When I've been there I almost though everyone spoke English as first and Chinese second (I was young okay!). But I do also believe that if there is no other reason for him being like this is the language barrier.

Also, I've been rewatching Taylor's old videos (I miss her, the fake her) and she keeps calling herself idiot after every mistake she does! Constantly "I'm an idiot, Stupid Taylor, Taylor you idiot" and it's quite disturbing to hear when the mistakes she does aren't even that bad. But it made me think she's either heard someone say those things to her a lot and is not repeating it or she's super insecure and needs to say it before anyone else can.

I dated someone from taiwan that him and his brother lived in the states for 13 years. Even though he spoke English well, his brother was very monotone, made mistakes, and couldnt express emotion in his english. 

Posted

I’m from Hong Kong. When you’re in a profession like ES is in there is no doubt you would know English more or less fluently. Besides I highly doubt there’s a barrier between those two in terms of   communication, although expression can be debated. 

It is kind of rude to assume things about one’s relationship and I admit that, but I have these thoughts because back when Taylor did a short hair prank on ES his first reaction was ”I like it longerrr”. If Taylor is so fragile as she says she is then those comments from ES should have a somewhat significant impact on her choices. 

Posted

First time poster! hi! 

I just don´t understand how can ya´ll think she might be faking or trying to be "relatable"... Or how can people say you cannot be depressed or insecure because you´re pretty and have money- she genuinely looks afraid to go to the event and tbh I felt related to her, I consider myself someone pretty and it was really hard for me to go to events where maybe there was gonna be someone prettier than me or idk. Imagine Taylor being secluded in her home all this time and thinking about that last time she went to an event ALSO how she APOLOGIZED for the vlog being "negative"... that speaks so much about her anxiety. Obviously being in the fashion industry in Asia might have affected her so much for not being asian, also I don´t know how to say this (english not my first language) but maybe MAYYYBE (because she said something about the last event she went when she started becoming dolly how people looked at her, etc) she feels like she was there was this huge gossip circle around her and when she became dolly, lost work because of it, etc. (just speculating though) and that´s why maybe she felt more self aware? I don´t know, social anxiety it´s very complicated and not something you can fake easily.

I kinda think so too, i feel like she might be scared to face people she thinks might have gossiped about her. After all, she went all the way to Japan, just to not really make it and she's back to Hong Kong. Tokyo is one of the major cities for fashion/makeup in Asia so its considered high level stuff. Its possible she thought people would laugh at her for not making it, or they thought she was way ahead of herself or something. I actually really like the honesty in her vlog. Props to her for sharing it to her fans. i would never put out something so open for everyone to see, thats probably why im a bit skeptical and still think she wants a lot of attention... but we're different people, and if it helps one of her fans, its even better.

Honestly, we don't know the extent of Elbow-san's English so we can't say much, but i can tell you for sure that even if someone might be using english everyday for work and home, they still might not understand all of the nuances and subtexts and tones of a native english speaker. Plus theres also a difference in the sense of humor, maybe elbow dude didn't mean to come off so harshly, maybe he actually meant it. I just wish he wouldn't say shit like that tho, if i was on a journey to rediscover myself, i wouldnt want someone close to just say stop just like that.

Posted

does anyone know where can I get a wig similar to the white one?