• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

IMO

If you fall in love with someone and continue to only love them just because of their looks then you shouldn't be with them to begin with. It's their body and they can do whatever the hell they want with it whether you like it or not, if you hate it that much - leave them. Don't stick around and try to dictate what they can and can't do to their own body.

/ Not directed at you, but people as a whole.

The only cases I'd disagree with the "it's their body" stuff is when it comes to health matters.  One partner is addicted to smoking and the other is trying to help them quit.  Yes, it's their body, but when your partner smokes you smoke with them indirectly. You taste it in their mouth. You breath it in if they smoke around you.  

I lost a relative to a heart attack.  The doctor told her to cut back on the junk food because it was killing her. Her husband tried to cook healthy for her, but she just wanted to do what she wanted and paid the ultimate price.  

I could never sit back and watch someone I loved destroy their own body with drugs or a toxic diet or smoking.  I'd be trying to get them to stop.  That's my limit on the "it's their body" argument.  

But I agree with you when it comes to hair length, color, and that stuff.  As long as it's not dangerous to their well-being, I think they should be left to their own choice. Taylor is a grown women. She can look how she wants to look.  

Posted

seriously? just because she changes SO much (imo she doesn't... she only had that dolly phase and her current one)... does that mean ANOTHER change is bad? i can't wrap my head around this logic. if elbow sees her change so much, won't that make him get used to her changing? i really don't get what you're trying to say here.

that's the thing.. she only needs elbow's opinion. her stylist, herself is encouraging her to make a drastic change to her hair... it's just elbow's all high and mighty opinion that's stopping her and that's what pisses me off. the way I see it, he can say whatever he wants with how she looks but she can't make criticisms on how he looks and that is unfair.  

its just fucking hair. hair grows. color washes out. i don't see a big deal. and its infuriating.

And above all: it's just looks and dressing style in general! She is still going to be there, she is still going to be herself and the one he supposedly fell in love with. Treating Taylor as if she's only her looks, her princess style was the one "he fell in love with" and her whole "fake-self" then he should have walked out on her a long time ago. If he wants to have a dolly princess as his fake-wife then good luck to him, but Taylor should never put herself and her wants down just cause of him.

Posted

this whole thing reminds me of the chinese new year video where she talked about her dream of him leaving her/cheating on her. i think that‘s a pretty big fear for her, idk whether it‘s because she really loves him or because of the money he provides, or both. that‘s probably why she won‘t change her hair, because he prefers her that way 🤷🏽‍♀️ and i really do get the feeling that the living doll thing was his idea because it seems that he is into that

Ohhh I don't think I ever watched that video. Will have to remember to do it tonight. That dream sounds interesting to me. I never had any dreams of a boyfriend cheating until my last boyfriend. At first, I thought I was insane and laughed about having such dreams. I told him about the drea and he said I have a vivid imagination. But then it turned out he was cheating on me, with lots of women. I kept having that dream then, and I think my gut instinct was trying to wave a massive flag in my face while I was asleep. I'm not saying that everyone who dreams about being cheated on is in fact being cheated on, but it's interesting, especially since the hair thing alone was a bit triggering (like for reiaku) due to my experience with that ex. 

Posted (edited)

Ugh I knew ya'll would drag me for that comment, I don't know why I bother. 

I never said it was my opinion, I'm trying to explain that MAYBE this is how Elbow sees it. I didn't say it was right or that I agree with it or that it is my opinion. I'm just trying to figure out why he would act that way.

And you know what, ya'll are right. He should leave her if he can't deal with her changes and maybe he will. Maybe that's why Taylor thinks he's going to leave her. 

Edited by Vexilion

Posted

I never said it was my opinion, I'm trying to explain that MAYBE this is how Elbow sees it. I didn't say it was right or that I agree with it or that it is my opinion. I'm just trying to figure out why he would act that way.

And you know what, ya'll are right. He should leave her if he can't deal with her changes and maybe he will. Maybe that's why Taylor thinks he's going to leave her. 

(no one is calling you out, more as in "if he thinks this way then boo him".)

Posted

Even if he legitimizes the relationship by marrying her, they already have the dynamic where she is primarily eye candy. And why after 5 years would he suddenly marry her? I guess the only reason would be kids.

I really wonder why he hasn't at least proposed to her yet. She said in a video once that she needs to renew her visa every 3 or 4 months. That's too much when you've been living abroad for 5+ years. And besides, there are many costs related to renewing a visa (translation of documents, immigration fees, proof that you're working/studying, etc). If he married her all of this bureaucracy would be over immediately. As someone who lives abroad and has had to deal with this stuff, I feel really bad for her.

Posted

I don't think anyone was attempting to be rude. I think your theory that that's how ES might see things could be correct. He seems to have a quite specific idea when it comes to what he considers attractive. I don't think that sort of expectations are going to work in a longterm relationship because we all change, not just when it comes to looks, but we also mature (some do the opposite it seems, ha), we gain new interests, lose old ones, etc. So if ES expects to date exactly the same version of Taylor for decades, I doubt that's going to happen unless she forces herself to please him.

Posted

I really wonder why he hasn't at least proposed to her yet. She said in a video once that she needs to renew her visa every 3 or 4 months. That's too much when you've been living abroad for 5+ years. And besides, there are many costs related to renewing a visa (translation of documents, immigration fees, proof that you're working/studying, etc). If he married her all of this bureaucracy would be over immediately. As someone who lives abroad and has had to deal with this stuff, I feel really bad for her.

I actually wonder how she is renewing her visa rn. because she was on a work visa before but now she doesn't work. Maybe she signed up with ES's company under her yt shit because you can't get a work visa to do youtube. You need a company to endorse you/pay the taxes. I wonder if she'd keep up the video's if she married him. She wouldn't need to do it anymore to keep the visa and she doesn't really seem to like it with how often she takes breaks. 

Posted

i also dont think anyone was being rude or calling you out, just replying to how they think if that is how ES thinks, then he's full of doodoo. who really knows how he thinks or feels behind the camera except taylor, but from what we have seen, he's never been supportive of change to herself which is a shitty thing to do.

and like, if you make your partner feel bad for wanting to dye their hair or chop it all off or try a new fashion, you're literally toxic. end of the story. you're actively making them feel bad for wanting to change their own body/hair/etc, when it has nothing to do with you. you can have an opinion, but if you make them feel bAD for that opinion, you're toxic and need to cease 

Posted (edited)

The point was she wasnt overdoing the photoshop like her usual pictures. Almost everyone uses some filter here and there even if they dont realize it. If you selfie with a smartphone...you know this. 

Doesn't make my points less valid

Edited by GiveMeAT

Posted

Doesn't make my points less valid

Except the fact 13 pplus disagree 😂😂

Posted

Btw I was a bit pissed at Taylor for sitting at the hair dresser and rambling about how she will be a crazy granny once, because she has always worn and done whatever she wanted. Yeah, right...

i think this was more like, her trying to convince herself than anything else lol. JUST FCKING DO IT TAYLOR, YOU'LL LOOK CUTE !

Posted

Dang, so many responses I thought she uploaded a new video :alpacawink:

Posted

Let’s say we give E-san a bit of credit and assume that Taylor is possibly telling him behind the scenes to have a more dramatic reaction to her video stunts like the wig... If that’s the case then it changes a lot about people’s assumptions about him being controlling. Personally I feel like his reactions tend to be really awkward/possibly calculated. However, from my personal experience of dating Asian guys and white guys I’ve noticed that Asian guys tend to be painfully honest and more focused on my appearance. I’m not saying it’s true for all men or relationships but that’s just been my experience. So I’m refraining from making any strong inferences about him without knowing him personally, it’s just pointless to assume from our limited viewpoint either way. 

Also, it is just me or does it seem like she’s gravitating more towards being an “Instagram model” lately than a YouTuber? And why is she promoting beauty brands when she does the exact same makeup/hair 99% of the time... She’s hardly an “influencer” and definitely not a beauty guru.