• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8846 posts in this topic

Posted

It is 100% the decision of the individual on how they want to cut/style their hair and the clothes they want to wear BUT I do think that your partner can have an opinion. My partner would look terrible with bleached white hair (he naturally has dark dark brown hair). If he wanted to completely bleach it I would tell him it would look terrible. I wouldn't tell him not to and it would not affect our relationship if he did but before he did it i may say something like "not too light" or similar to E-san's "not too short" just because I would prefer he not bleach his hair. Personally I think Tay could rock a short bob but if she would rather keep her hair longer because that's what E-san finds more attractive, then I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as it's her decision. Being controlling of how your partner looks is toxic but i think having an opinion or preference is completely natural. While i find E-san and Tay's sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship kinda odd I don't think this is something that's super controlling or horrible on E-san's behalf. 

i know we can all just guess but, my partner always ends his opinion with "but it's you, do what you want" unlike E-san who has this "meh" tone of voice like he'd veeery much rather she stays in her creepy dolly phase forever. idk just feels that way to me, i know i could be completely wrong. 

i just dislike him for some reason idk, he gives off a weird vibe, sry :(  

Posted

i know we can all just guess but, my partner always ends his opinion with "but it's you, do what you want" unlike E-san who has this "meh" tone of voice like he'd veeery much rather she stays in her creepy dolly phase forever. idk just feels that way to me, i know i could be completely wrong. 

i just dislike him for some reason idk, he gives off a weird vibe, sry :(  

This is how I also feel like. You are entitled to your opinions (you are her partner after all) but you should still let her do like she wants. And so what if we run our mouths here? It's not like she's asking for our approval for anything, she's asking her his.

E-san is just super shady to me, the very first time he acted like a baby when Taylor pranked him with a hair cut. He can go and grow his hair long and bleach it blonde if he loves it so much.

Posted

Taylor and E-san's relationship is odd and to me always has been. I'm sure they love each other since we only see one side of their relationship, but the fact that Taylor got most of her modeling gigs due to him and what not it seems like sometimes they have a Manager and an idol/model relationship at times rather than an actual couple. 

Posted

as some other people have mentioned i don't think there's anything wrong with having a preference for how your partner wears their hair, but it is ultimately their own decision (as some other people have said also). so asking for an honest opinion before you do it: OK, even if their opinion is you shouldn't do it. but I feel like after it's done, imo the partner should pretend to like it OR at least not react negatively LOL because just imagine you just did a dramatic hair transformation and you're really excited for it and your partner is like "...no..why..really.." then depending on what kind of person u are you might feel insecure or feel less attractive and now u gotta walk around with this new hairstyle u know your partner hates.. 

Posted

I never watch Taylor’s videos but I just watched the hair one and forgive me if I sound like I’m repeating others but idk why she cares what he thinks? I understand that’s her bf and she asked for his opinion but girl if you want to cut it that way and dye it and you like it on yourself than do it don’t care what other people think life is too short to being doing what others want you to do rather than doing what you want to do. Personally I think she looked really pretty when the wig was styled straight. When I was with someone though and I changed my hair I didn’t really care if they didn’t like it or not but hey that’s just me. 

Posted

I get that ES has a preference for her old dolly style (god knows why) and her current hair is a part of that which he doesn't want her to change but come on! She looks amazing with the shorter white blonde hair! Either Elbow san is blind or just has really shit taste. 

I understand telling her not to go too short if he thought it would look bad and she'd regret it but it looks so good.

She should just take the plunge and go for it, she's obviously wanted to change her hair for a while and it's not like it'll never grow back lol. And if she really hates it she can always dye it back and get extensions. It's not like she can't afford it. Life is too short.

Posted (edited)

I don't want to come for elbow-san's appearance because she's obviously not with him for looks, but I don't know where he gets off saying anything about her hair when his hair looks like a wig from party city

Hahaha! I was going to write something similar in my previous comment but then decided to be "nice". But I know, right? 
I'm really curious about the dynamics in that relationship now. Taylor claims she can wear whatever she wants as it's her decision but I'm pretty sure if she showed up with green hair and goth clothes he'd either force her to change everything back immediately, or would be a dick to her by ignoring her and withdrawing affection until she feels like what he wants is what she wants as well. 

I also found it humorous when she told her hairdresser that if she wants to have pink hair when she's 80, she'll just get pink hair because she never cared about other people's opinions. It just made me snort a bit because here we are watching a video that's basically all about HIS opinion on the length and colour of her hair. 

For what it's worth, I once was with a guy "for years and years" who was very focused on my hair. He didn't want me to cut it, ever. Once I got back from the hairdresser after what I'd call a generous trim. Not much changed really, maybe 8 cm less. He was not happy. Well, then I found out he'd been cheating on me for years, also with women with short hair hahaha and now I'm pretty sure he's a narc. I realise I can't diagnose ES and I'm not saying he's a narc but the way he says "take it off" and "are you sure?" where he doesn't really mean "are you sure YOU want this?" but more "you know *I* do not want this" really rubs me the wrong way. I'm just really sensitive to things like that now after my experience. 

just my 2 cents here 

sometimes other people can tell us if a certain look befits us or not [we always complain about her ponytail, the strands on her face, about Sharla's hoodies]... but how come is it wrong for Taylor to ask the man she lives with about an opinion? he knows her better than we do, don't you agree? they live together, and he sees her off camera as well. 

I'm sure none of you ladies would appreciate if your partners would tell you "oh yeah, go for [insert look here]! it will be wonderful!" only to have a friend telling you after you did it that you look like a hot mess... and to go do something about it. 

Some people look better when they have a "uniform" so to say, while others are better at pulling off various looks. Taylor is insecure as it is, if she decided to cut and lighten her hair on the spot, despite being warned about it... i'm pretty sure she'd regret it. Luckily,she can try the look through wigs, and see if it's something she'd like to wear. 

I totally understand what you're saying but I feel like he's basically against any change when it comes to her hair. She says he's been "resistant" when it comes to her hair and that he thinks she "will only look good with this style". So it's not like he says he thinks black hair won't look good on her, or a pixie cut won't look good on her, or whatever. It's more like he says nothing else will look good on her. I think it's obvious that Taylor craves a change when it comes to her hair, but she's a bit scared because cutting hair you've had for years is a huge step for many people. It becomes a part of your identity. But when you have a partner who tells you nothing else will look good on you then you're very unlikely to build up the courage to change your hair and do what you want to do. This is what I dislike. That he's so unsupportive. He can and should state his opinion, but it should be in a constructive way where he says what he thinks might look good on her. What he does is tell her nothing but her current style will look good on her and that's not what I expect from a partner, especially when he knows that she's tired of her hair and wants a change. 

Edited by chocolatefish

Posted

Hahaha! I was going to write something similar in my previous comment but then decided to be "nice". But I know, right? I'm really curious about the dynamics in that relationship now. Taylor claims she can wear whatever she wants as it's her decision but I'm pretty sure if she showed up with green hair and goth clothes he'd either force her to change everything back immediately, or would be a dick to her by ignoring her and withdrawing affection until she feels like what he wants is what she wants as well. 

I also found it humorous when she told her hairdresser that if she wants to have pink hair when she's 80, she'll just get pink hair because she never cared about other people's opinions. It just made me snort a bit because here we are watching a video that's basically all about HIS opinion on the length and colour of her hair. 

For what it's worth, I once was with a guy "for years and years" who was very focused on my hair. He didn't want me to cut it, ever. Once I got back from the hairdresser after what I'd call a generous trim. Not much changed really, maybe 8 cm less. He was not happy. Well, then I found out he'd been cheating on me for years, also with women with short hair hahaha and now I'm pretty sure he's a narc. I realise I can't diagnose ES and I'm not saying he's a narc but the way he says "take it off" and "are you sure?" where he doesn't really mean "are you sure YOU want this?" but more "you know *I* do not want this" really rubs me the wrong way. I'm just really sensitive to things like that now after my experience. 

I totally understand what you're saying but I feel like he's basically against any change when it comes to her hair. She says he's been "resistant" when it comes to her hair and that he thinks she "will only look good with this style". So it's not like he says he thinks black hair won't look good on her, or a pixie cut won't look good on her, or whatever. It's more like he says nothing else will look good on her. I think it's obvious that Taylor craves a change when it comes to her hair, but she's a bit scared because cutting hair you've had for years is a huge step for many people. It becomes a part of your identity. But when you have a partner who tells you nothing else will look good on you then you're very unlikely to build up the courage to change your hair and do what you want to do. This is what I dislike. That he's so unsupportive. He can and should state his opinion, but it should be in a constructive way where he says what he thinks might look good on her. What he does is tell her nothing but her current style will look good on her and that's not what I expect from a partner, especially when he knows that she's tired of her hair and wants a change. 

It's really about the small choices of words what this comes down to, for me at least. The way Taylor portraits him and how he says things to her. I can give a benefit of a doubt that since English isn't his first language he might have difficulties in expressing his feelings the way he would in Chinese but still. And I think it's super weird you only want your girlfriend if she fits to a certain mold! Super disturbing and to me also, a bit triggering.

And when I say I'm feeling triggered, imagine her young fans how they might feel. They might think "this is normal, if my man doesn't want me to change my hair I won't". 

Like someone earlier mentioned, Taylor tone of voice and facial expressions tell a lot about she feels about him not wanting her to cut her hair. And then her having the audacity to go to a hairdresser saying "I'll do what I want". THEN GIRL DO IT! I know it's unfair from me to shift the blame on her for following "his orders" (as we don't know what their relationship is really about) but I just wish she would be the fierce independent she portraits to be. 

Posted

this whole thing reminds me of the chinese new year video where she talked about her dream of him leaving her/cheating on her. i think that‘s a pretty big fear for her, idk whether it‘s because she really loves him or because of the money he provides, or both. that‘s probably why she won‘t change her hair, because he prefers her that way 🤷🏽‍♀️ and i really do get the feeling that the living doll thing was his idea because it seems that he is into that

Posted (edited)

EDIT: This is NOT my opinion so please don't see it that way. I am merely SPECULATING as to what is going on in ELBOWS head, not mine. 

Please don't drag me for this one. In no way do I support ES controlling Taylor's look, because I honestly believe she should do what she wants. BUT!

Looking at this from ES side, if I started dating someone and they dressed a certain way, and their hair was a certain style.. and that was part of why I fell in love with them, then if that someone were to overhaul their style completely then parts of the reason why I originally fell in love with that person would be gone. I'm not talking about minimal changes, because that would be very superficial.. But major changes. Like Tays dress sense has changed SO much that I can't even compare the two.. She's changed her makeup, and now she wants to change her hair. It's almost like she's a completely different person, so maybe that's why he's against her changing her hair too much?

Like I'm thinking Miley Cyrus here, extreme example I know, she was this cute girl next door and got engaged to Liam hemsworth.. Overhauled her style to the extreme and they broke off the engagement because he felt like he didn't know her anymore. Maybe ES has something similar? (I know they're back together now but still) 

I'm not saying I agree with his behaviour or that I condone it, I'm just trying to find a logical explanation for it. 

miley-cyrus-before-and-after.jpg

Edited by Vexilion

Posted

^ tsk *sigh* at the end of the day tay should be her own person and no amount of change should honestly make elbow go. tbh. honestly guys/partners who CONTROL how their partner looks pisses me off

Posted (edited)

Please don't drag me for this one. In no way do I support ES controlling Taylor's look, because I honestly believe she should do what she wants. BUT!

Looking at this from ES side, if I started dating someone and they dressed a certain way, and their hair was a certain style.. and that was part of why I fell in love with them, then if that someone were to overhaul their style completely then parts of the reason why I originally fell in love with that person would be gone. I'm not talking about minimal changes, because that would be very superficial.. But major changes. Like Tays dress sense has changed SO much that I can't even compare the two.. She's changed her makeup, and now she wants to change her hair. It's almost like she's a completely different person, so maybe that's why he's against her changing her hair too much?

IMO

If you fall in love with someone and continue to only love them just because of their looks then you shouldn't be with them to begin with. It's their body and they can do whatever the hell they want with it whether you like it or not, if you hate it that much - leave them. Don't stick around and try to dictate what they can and can't do to their own body.

/ Not directed at you, but people as a whole.

Edited by Ruruka
hi hello whats english

Posted

IMO

If you fall in love with someone and continue to only love them just because of their looks then you shouldn't be with them to begin with. It's their body and they can do whatever the hell they want with it whether you like it or not, if you hate it that much - leave them. Don't stick around and try to dictate what they can and can't do to their own body.

/ Not directed at you, but people as a whole.

i was just about to say this, if looks are THAT important to someone, imo thats super shallow and juat like... i know i wouldnt want someone like that as my SO lol. . i hope she finds the courage, i guess, to be her own person... everything else aside, she doesnt seem like a bad person and i rly wish her all the best

Posted

^ tsk *sigh* at the end of the day tay should be her own person and no amount of change should honestly make elbow go. tbh. honestly guys/partners who CONTROL how their partner looks pisses me off

Honestly, if your partner changes so much (Taylor herself said she changed a lot because she was so fake before) I understand him not wanting her to change the last thing she keeps the same. 

Imo, Taylor should gain some confidence before going for white or pink hair (also short) I think she was trying to put a Dove Cameron look in that video and she looks good, but if you need everyone to like it before doing it then just don't till it's your opinion that matters, I would be sick at her pranks too already. She should star by getting rid of those tails before a huge ass change like white hair, if she cant even do that how will she manage something else.