• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/09/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Taylor R - videos #2

6151 posts in this topic

Posted

Taylor also said she couldnt pay the assistant a lot of money. You get what you pay for and a 1000 dollar hoodie was more valuable

Posted

Didn't Taylor buy a stabilizer for the camera though?

Posted

Taylor also said she couldnt pay the assistant a lot of money. You get what you pay for and a 1000 dollar hoodie was more valuable

When did she say this?

Posted (edited)

When did she say this?

One of her videos when she announced she was searching for an assistant. I can try to look back but i thought she mentioned something about the pay. 

ok so im killing myself watching old videos because i for sure thought she mentioned she had issues finding an assistant due to the salary expectations. Still skimming videos though

https://youtu.be/RkzybWoJ0uY 0:50 but to be fair it doesnt clear the amount but she can only afford someone local but makes you wonder since she couldnt hire someone with experience.

Edited by Lorared

Posted

One of her videos when she announced she was searching for an assistant. I can try to look back but i thought she mentioned something about the pay. 

ok so im killing myself watching old videos because i for sure thought she mentioned she had issues finding an assistant due to the salary expectations. Still skimming videos though

https://youtu.be/RkzybWoJ0uY 0:50 but to be fair it doesnt clear the amount but she can only afford someone local but makes you wonder since she couldnt hire someone with experience.

Huh, she really didn't plan this through. Again. Why would you get an assistant if you can't "afford" it :D we all know she has the money but I guess she wanted to stay relatable again after/before the sweater fiasco. Saying how you only just started your business and can't afford to hire someone from outside of HK is a good way to sound humble and hard working, eh?

Posted (edited)

Huh, she really didn't plan this through. Again. Why would you get an assistant if you can't "afford" it :D we all know she has the money but I guess she wanted to stay relatable again after/before the sweater fiasco. Saying how you only just started your business and can't afford to hire someone from outside of HK is a good way to sound humble and hard working, eh?

Because it's a trend, and we know how Taylor loves them. Almost every youtuber with ~500k subs now gets an assisstant - at least the ones that don't have a different job (like Taylor) and mostly the ones who have tried being models (like Taylor),  and "need" the assistant because they think they are working so hard and are so professional (like Taylor). It was like the perfect trend for her to jump on, and for once she wasn't too late either(!!!).

As for the financial matters, it's not for relatability. Hiring an experienced assistant costs more than spending $1000 once in a blue moon. She's no millionaire herself and Elbow-san isn't stupid enough to spend so much on regular basis without any actual need (otherwise he wouldn't be rich either).

Edited by papercrane

Posted

I thought this video was sweet, especially the little travel notebook. She put a lot of effort into planning their day, I bet they felt really appreciated. Also thought it was sweet how awkward and nervous she was before meeting them ^_^

But yeah, her cheeks do look a bit weird. I don't think she got V-line surgery and a bunch of other stuff that people here say, but unfortunately it is very clear that she gets fillers... I feel bad for her though, because she's SO beautiful without them, and she looks amazing for her age. I see so many girls who are absolutely stunning ruining themselves with lip fillers, botox, silicone, etc when they'd look so much better naturally. It truly makes me sad, since this is just a reaction to society's forceful beauty standards. 

Now I don't know if Elbow-san agrees with this or not (or even if he pays for it or not), but I wish he and her family would make some sort of intervention, or make her understand that she doesn't need to do this to be pretty :(

Posted

Yeah and hong kong isnt a cheap place to live either so i expect salary expectations to be high.  

Posted

Yeah and hong kong isnt a cheap place to live either so i expect salary expectations to be high.  

Not sure about that, since everything else is so cheap (food, traveling, etc.), I'm sure she's getting a bargain compared to someone working in US. I don't know how the health care and other things are in HK so if someone has inside info about this it would be cool the hear. As in, what other costs there will be for hiring.

Because it's a trend, and we know how Taylor loves them. Almost every youtuber with ~500k subs now gets an assisstant - at least the ones that don't have a different job (like Taylor) and mostly the ones who have tried being models (like Taylor),  and "need" the assistant because they think they are working so hard and are so professional (like Taylor). It was like the perfect trend for her to jump on, and for once she wasn't too late either(!!!).

As for the financial matters, it's not for relatability. Hiring an experienced assistant costs more than spending $1000 once in a blue moon. She's no millionaire herself and Elbow-san isn't stupid enough to spend so much on regular basis without any actual need (otherwise he wouldn't be rich either).

E-san is probably the one paying the assistant's salary either way, he already has a business with all the right things in it so why not just hire her there and make her run around with Taylor? Taylor is KNOWN for coloring outside the lines and making herself better than she actually is. I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Even those girls Taylor introduced as her "friends" in the video where she interviewed potential assistants turned out to be E-san's employees. Sure, they could be friends, but still doubt it.

And if Taylor herself was the one paying the girl, like I said: if you can't pay money for an good employee then you shouldn't have one. It's a waste of money to pay for a discount assistant, not saying that she is but she doesn't have the qualities Taylor was looking for. 

Posted

Not sure about that, since everything else is so cheap (food, traveling, etc.), I'm sure she's getting a bargain compared to someone working in US. I don't know how the health care and other things are in HK so if someone has inside info about this it would be cool the hear. As in, what other costs there will be for hiring.

E-san is probably the one paying the assistant's salary either way, he already has a business with all the right things in it so why not just hire her there and make her run around with Taylor? Taylor is KNOWN for coloring outside the lines and making herself better than she actually is. I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Even those girls Taylor introduced as her "friends" in the video where she interviewed potential assistants turned out to be E-san's employees. Sure, they could be friends, but still doubt it.

And if Taylor herself was the one paying the girl, like I said: if you can't pay money for an good employee then you shouldn't have one. It's a waste of money to pay for a discount assistant, not saying that she is but she doesn't have the qualities Taylor was looking for. 

My friend's family is from hong kong. You are right about low prices but rent isnt. I guess it also depends where you live too because prices are lower than new york city but higher than chicago,Il. ( Sry im not sure where you are from) 

Posted

Just a reminder how freaking gorgeous she is, when natural-looking. Taylor stop!!!

med_gallery_194391_16486_337597.thumb.pn

2996b86567a319f6a413c4320687dd15.thumb.jjVKFGPQ.thumb.jpg.3b287a8af8a90736ca0da720130917_jimmy-jams_0005.thumb.jpg.57309

Posted

Just a reminder how freaking gorgeous she is, when natural-looking. Taylor stop!!!

2996b86567a319f6a413c4320687dd15.thumb.j20130917_jimmy-jams_0005.thumb.jpg.57309

Omg, she looks like Emma Watson in the first pic, so pretty! Also, she naturally looks like a doll and has a youthful features. Shame she doesn't see it herself 

Posted

med_gallery_194391_16486_337597.thumb.pn

2996b86567a319f6a413c4320687dd15.thumb.jjVKFGPQ.thumb.jpg.3b287a8af8a90736ca0da720130917_jimmy-jams_0005.thumb.jpg.57309

Well in the first picture she has eye-puff fillers and something making her head appear smaller. Second picture you can not see her face much. Third one there are apparent lip fillers. Fouth one looks more natural!

Posted

Well in the first picture she has eye-puff fillers and something making her head appear smaller. Second picture you can not see her face much. Third one there are apparent lip fillers. Fouth one looks more natural!

The point was she wasnt overdoing the photoshop like her usual pictures. Almost everyone uses some filter here and there even if they dont realize it. If you selfie with a smartphone...you know this. 

Posted

i think her natural face shape is rly pretty... her lips as well, i hope she'll realize that soon