• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9192 posts in this topic

Posted

You can call it wasted potential when she was at a point her videos and modeling career were there but not anymore because trash videos are the way to go. It's cheap marketing. Pls she is copying logan paul peeps and Kardashians.

I couldn't watch her Canadian vlogs because I have zero interest in the Kardashianesque chronicles of her family.

If Taylor cannot help copying other YouTubers, why doesn't she copy those that are closer to her background? There are so many models who are nearing the end of their career or have quit to have a family, and share the wealth of beauty, styling, nutrition and fitness knowledge they have accumulated over the years.  She tried to do it for a while, but of course she lost interest and went into her Casey Neistat phase 

Posted

You know, she kind of reminds me of a friend I had in high school. My friend was a very introverted and depressed person, and it's obvious Taylor is very introverted as she tends to hang out with people one at a time. There was a time a viewer approached Sharla and Sharla was like "New friend!" while Taylor was visibly uncomfortable. I think I recall Taylor mentioning that her nervousness made her sick prior to their Shaylor sleepover. And lastly, she didn't really hang out with others as much as some like Sharla, who has all sorts of friends in her videos. As for depressed, many might argue that she has no reason to be depressed, but I will shun anyone who makes such a claim. Depression does not discriminate. She may not be, or she may be. I do think she's dealing with mild depression at the very least. Like when she asks her boyfriend what she's been up to, if I recall, one of the things he says is "Sleeping." And she's mentioned she sleeps a lot. It would be easy to say she's just lazy, but it's also a sign of depression. Both Taylor and my friend are spoiled and privileged individuals, but people who've never had to work incredibly hard and face financial hardships often deal with inadequacy. Taylor was a model, and now she's aging out of that industry. Other than Youtube, she has nothing to fall back on. And maybe it's just not fulfilling her. She created her Tay Tay identity in hopes of finding one, but she didn't. She's gradually learning how to be her real self to her viewers which I'm glad for, she really doesn't seem like that bad of a person to hang out with. So we come to the question... why doesn't she do something about it? Go to school? Pursue a passion? I think it's fear holding her back, and then she ends up depressed, and she's created a vicious circle. And as the Spirited Away video says, she's finding other ways to create value and identity. 

Iv noticed most jvloggers are or were introverts. That is why people come here and question the awkwardness they might get from a vlogger. 

Also if you go back in the comments that people are worried that she kept going this route with nothing to fall back on.  Anyway your comment is pretty spot on. 

Posted

If Taylor cannot help copying other YouTubers, why doesn't she copy those that are closer to her background? There are so many models who are nearing the end of their career or have quit to have a family, and share the wealth of beauty, styling, nutrition and fitness knowledge they have accumulated over the years.  She tried to do it for a while, but of course she lost interest and went into her Casey Neistat phase 

It does surprise me that she never seems to post much about fitness/exercise/nutrition considering it seems to be something she's very invested in away from the camera? I don't expect her to suddenly become a personal trainer and post hour long workout videos, but if it's something she does well with and enjoys... why not focus on that for her channel for a while to see if it works for her?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Rikku9

Posted

When Taylor first moved to HK and she was going through her old nutrition notes I really really thought it sounded like she was interested in going back to studying. I am still holding out hope she's applying... 

Posted

It's been half a week again since her last video and she still hasn't even implied she's going to be posting a new one? What's going on with her. Is she so busy with coming up with new merch or finding an assistant that she can't do youtube anymore? This must be the worst comeback ever.

Posted

It's been half a week again since her last video and she still hasn't even implied she's going to be posting a new one? What's going on with her. Is she so busy with coming up with new merch or finding an assistant that she can't do youtube anymore? This must be the worst comeback ever.

She is in Japan, Venus just posted that Taylor visited her. 

Nothing wrong with finally being busy with real life and not youtube for once. After her last video, I'm hoping that this taking things slow means she's actually trying to figure out her life and planning on something more substantial than spending days locked in the appartment.

Posted

Nothing wrong with finally being busy with real life and not youtube for once. After her last video, I'm hoping that this taking things slow means she's actually trying to figure out her life and planning on something more substantial than spending days locked in the appartment.

Not my point. My point was that she should kinda even try to give a timeline as in when she's going to upload again.

Posted

you know that's not gonna happen right? that's what we all thought about the previous vid when she went MIA for a month...and we still got a boring 20min rambling vid. 

Not my point. My point was that she should kinda even try to give a timeline as in when she's going to upload again.

basically this. you know how streamers have time tables and whatnot? is it too hard to not watch netflix for half an hour and make a schedule? 

she literally has nothing else to do aside YT...and she's half-assing that as well lol

Posted

You asked "what's going on with her" and "is she so busy", which I answered. She updates her instagram and twitter regularly enough and generally alludes to what's going on, if it really bothered you and wasn't just complaining for the sake of complaining. I agree about having a schedule, and have previously also written that she needs to make a schedule for her uploads and try to be consistent.

she literally has nothing else to do aside YT...and she's half-assing that as well lol

??? But she does. She has posted about it on her SNS before. 

5a6b57405b79f_.thumb.png.f01b7fdf52478db

Posted

You asked "what's going on with her" and "is she so busy", which I answered. She updates her instagram and twitter regularly enough and generally alludes to what's going on, if it really bothered you and wasn't just complaining for the sake of complaining. I agree about having a schedule, and have previously also written that she needs to make a schedule for her uploads and try to be consistent.

Hidden Content

She updates it but most of it is pointless stuff ir her being lazy.( or some people said dealing with depression)Except for venus, that was really sweet of her to do. We know the schedule wont happen but there is that 10 percent chance she will listen. x D 

we will have to wait and see. I do believe she gave up on daily vlogging unless sshe finds people or her new renovations have enough material. 

Posted

Hidden Content

so if I say I'm getting a degree on twitter that means it's true? sorry if I sound mean but from experience she's so far done nothing aside from youtube and she even does that half-assed lol. 

Also, that's kinda the problem, she always "alludes" to shit, like, she's always trying to make herself seem busy and hardworking when in reality she's sitting in her PJ's watching netflix or in best case scenario she goes outside to spend cash...like, I don't judge, get it if you can girl, but stop trying to seem hardworking and shit when in reality you can't even have a decent YT upload schedule. 

Posted (edited)

so if I say I'm getting a degree on twitter that means it's true? sorry if I sound mean but from experience she's so far done nothing aside from youtube and she even does that half-assed lol. 

Also, that's kinda the problem, she always "alludes" to shit, like, she's always trying to make herself seem busy and hardworking when in reality she's sitting in her PJ's watching netflix or in best case scenario she goes outside to spend cash...like, I don't judge, get it if you can girl, but stop trying to seem hardworking and shit when in reality you can't even have a decent YT upload schedule. 

She also in her latest video asked her bf what's she been up to and no where did he say "You've been working hard on this and this" but point out how lazy she's been. Like right now, she could have messaged her fans that she's going back to Japan again as a "heads up, another Japan vlog!" but she has done nothing to excite her fans to "just keep waiting a bit longer guys".

I do appreciate what she did to Venus. She flew to Japan to see her, took her out, gave her a nice present (Westwood bracelet <3) and wrote a nice comment for Margo to see how good Venus is doing. She is a good person to her friends, I can tell you that.

Edited by rieaku