• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9170 posts in this topic

Posted

This I agree with! She said herself she's not modeling anymore so why not dye her hair! I don't know what options HK has to offer but just fucking do something! She left Japan because she didn't feel like doing anything anymore and HK was suppose to be the freshness she was longing for for so long. Take Rosie for a walk, show us HK as a tourist, climb a mountain! But no, Taylor wants to stay inside and organize her closet full of clothes she doesn't even wear.

In other news: Can you imagine if you could spend your "working hours" only working on your abs to be visible? And when she called herself "skinny fat" I almost lost it. She has only just started to gain weight again and she certainly has some "wobbly" bits in her, but wasn't that what she wanted? She wanted to have "thick ass and thighs" so why is she complaining? I still consider her skinny, not skinny fat in the slightest ('cause what would that make me) but she's putting so much focus on her looks even thou she doesn't plan to model anymore it makes me think if it's Elbow-san putting pressure on he

The other thing that bothers me is that she has no plan or time management. She could have made a short video saying "hey ill be back on *date*" or actually a set schedule. Even youtubers who take breaks make an announcement.  

If she is skinny fat then what am i 😂😂😂😂

Posted (edited)

Edited by Rikku9

Posted

I like her, and normally like her vlogs - I find them sort of relaxing background noise when I'm studying. But, I just don't understand how she can live without direction? I'm younger than her and less than 12 months away from my DVM... I guess I just don't understand how someone can float around without any goals or passions. Wouldn't just "hanging out" become incredibly boring? Doesn't she want to make a difference in the world? You'd think she would really plan out videos and be excited to show off attractions around HK, fashion specific to the region, local food... etc ect. She should at least ride the "I moved to HK" train properly...

Posted

Here is the world smallest violin for taylor complaining about her weight. 

Posted

I like her, and normally like her vlogs - I find them sort of relaxing background noise when I'm studying. But, I just don't understand how she can live without direction? I'm younger than her and less than 12 months away from my DVM... I guess I just don't understand how someone can float around without any goals or passions. Wouldn't just "hanging out" become incredibly boring? Doesn't she want to make a difference in the world? You'd think she would really plan out videos and be excited to show off attractions around HK, fashion specific to the region, local food... etc ect. She should at least ride the "I moved to HK" train properly...

YESSSS this drives me nuts too. I'm like you, I work full-time and go to school part-time. It's good to stay busy and have direction. Taylor on the other hand....she does this thing where she talks about "working hard towards your goals". But like...what are her goals exactly??? She did the modeling thing, but that's pretty much over with. So what exactly is she working towards now? Does she want to be a Youtube star? A fashion designer? Housewife? Actress? I just don't get it. Not to mention she has the entire city of HK to use for YT content, and yet she chooses to babble in front of her camera without even leaving her apartment. 

(P.S. Congrats on being so close to graduating xD )

Posted

YESSSS this drives me nuts too. I'm like you, I work full-time and go to school part-time. It's good to stay busy and have direction. Taylor on the other hand....she does this thing where she talks about "working hard towards your goals". But like...what are her goals exactly??? She did the modeling thing, but that's pretty much over with. So what exactly is she working towards now? Does she want to be a Youtube star? A fashion designer? Housewife? Actress? I just don't get it. Not to mention she has the entire city of HK to use for YT content, and yet she chooses to babble in front of her camera without even leaving her apartment. 

(P.S. Congrats on being so close to graduating xD )

She pretty much like someone who has a constant need of telling others they are honest. When Taylor keeps telling the camera she's "working hard" and "keeping up with her goals" she's trying to convince herself+her viewers that this is actually happening in her life. When you repeat the same sentence long enough you are bound to start believing in it, even if it's not true one bit.

To me, Taylor has always been really lazy in this way. She seeks for the easy life and now that she's got it she wants to be even lazier. Many of us would probably be happy of having even three days a week off from work or school, doing things we really love, where as she has 7 days off and she can't even leave her "non-perfect" apartment.

And to this one person talking about Taylor prob having an ED (sorry, I forgot to quote you): She worked as a model and was forced to be body+weight focused for years due to just being a model. 

Posted

any of us would probably be happy of having even three days a week off from work or school, doing things we really love, where as she has 7 days off and she can't even leave her "non-perfect" apartment.

I think that is what too much free time, freedom and money does to you, it's mindnumbing especially in a girl like Taylor

Posted (edited)

i didn't watch the entire video but did she at least own up to partially taking a break because she makes less money in January from ads? After she got to talking about her being overweight again like more than 20 years ago when she was a child I was done with the video lol. I personally couldn't con people into buying my merchandise then disappear for a month while only vaguely promising to come back when I'm ready (after my exhausting life of traveling the world, taking down Christmas decorations, shopping, and going to the gym with some of the money earned from the merch). I don't get how she spends her days it's like she's a housecat or something (based on how elbow-san described her time off), I don't know how she didn't lose her sanity doing absolutely nothing for a month. You should never need a vacation from your vacation. Most people can't travel for like 3-4 weeks like she does every holiday because they actually work and have real responsibilities so I have no sympathy for her being tired from the holidays sorry. Depressed, sure, but even then she's an adult and isn't being forced to live away from her home country/family against her will. I hope she puts out some decent content soon but I'm not holding my breath... A DIY or lookbook for valentine's day would be nice. Plz Taylor. 

Also, the most disappointing thing of all for me was that her overdrawn lips are still a thing :alpacadone:

Edited by k_rose

Posted

hi, first time poster here! 

i recently visited hong kong for the first time and let me tell you... taylor does nothing to do the city justice. first of all: why does she never take the metro?! it's sooo convenient and easy to navigate?? i guess taking public transportation just doesn't fit her life style. the city offers so many great opportunities to her, why not take a trip to the beach? show the different districts? the nature? she's wasting so much potential and instead posts these boring ass videos where she is rambling in her apartment or the occasional shopping trip. i had hopes for her when she posted that video where she took the ferry and the one where she showed us the ladies market and the mid level escalator but the hope was short lived.

at least she said she would make cooking and work out videos again

Posted (edited)

hi, first time poster here! 

i recently visited hong kong for the first time and let me tell you... taylor does nothing to do the city justice. first of all: why does she never take the metro?! it's sooo convenient and easy to navigate?? i guess taking public transportation just doesn't fit her life style. the city offers so many great opportunities to her, why not take a trip to the beach? show the different districts? the nature? she's wasting so much potential and instead posts these boring ass videos where she is rambling in her apartment or the occasional shopping trip. i had hopes for her when she posted that video where she took the ferry and the one where she showed us the ladies market and the mid level escalator but the hope was short lived.

at least she said she would make cooking and work out videos again

You're welcome in the world of Taylor R., she did exactly hte same in Tokyo. Completely wasted her potential there, got everyone's hopes up for like three videos every year and the rest of her videos were all boring and about her rambling or doing nothing.

Edit: Oh btw, she only took taxis in Tokyo as well which is probably equally as ridiculous (I don't know the HK metro, so can't judge).

Edited by Qualle

Posted

I finally watched the video - and it was not a quality comeback video I was rooting for. Some parts of her talking were interesting but that's less than 5 minutes out of the whole video. She could have done a 20-minute video of timelapses in HK and it would have had more substance. :alpacadone:

She needs a schedule and a plan. For a person who claims to love organising and squealing about planner notebooks and how she needs them, she doesn't seem able to make a plan for longer than a day. She seems to have some inner turmoil not knowing what she actually wants to do in life, and at her age it only points to the fact that she simply never had the need to worry about it. Unfortunately, it makes me think "first-world rich people problems". Girls from my country and neighbouring countries become models to feed their families, Taylor became model because she wanted fame. Fame didn't happen, so she became a Kota-clone. That didn't work either, so she concentrated on Youtube and copied some youtubers. That actually worked quite a bit but she blew her chances to capitalize on it because that would require actual hard work. And now she doesn't know what to do next. 

I understand her complaining about weight  though - you don't need to be overweight to be insecure. And knowing she's not naturally thin, she has to work to keep slim, so no problem with complaining. Especially considering that she's managed to keep a stable slim weight for years after losing it, and without yo-yo-ing after her only extreme low weight, which was at the beginning of her modelling career in HK, but in Japan she had already gained and kept it normally slim for years. 

Posted

I've been watching this forum the last year because I watch J-vloggers and I got hooked at Taylors vids about 1,5 year ago or something, it really inspired me because we had overlapping interests: cute style, traveling, crafting, staying fit..., so I really liked her videos of those times but later on it got really uninspired and I stopped watching.
Then somehow I got into it last october again or so, I think she uploaded some more honest videos and she was really herself so that was inspiring as well but then when she got to Canada for christmas it got all shallow again. I really feel the same about what you guys are saying in the posts before me. I think she was an inspiration when she really was making nice videos and working hard etc, but now feels like she is slacking off again and it's so off-putting that I unsubscribed again.
I think Elbow-san is telling the truth really, and honestly looking up some fashion 'for youtube reasons' is not being really productive at all Taylor. I really think she isn't being honest with herself and I find it dreading to see that the person that was once inspiring because "working for her goals" and making actual interesting videos is now just a person vlogging boring life-updates from only her temporary home. She thinks just by working out everyday and writing down some ideas that she is actually 'working' and doing something that is good? She's just acting like a spoiled girl again that just tries to keep control over her life by working out and making lists, she needs more substance and might actually need some personal help tbh.

Posted

I'll never understand Youtubers who just staying inside or do the same stuff everyday.

Yeah for all people who have lived in a foreign country, it does wear off on you. You don't go look and see temples are all the cool nature stuff every week because after the first month it gets so repetitive. But if I was making money off of videos like that trying to grow my channel....you bet your ass I'd be out there getting as many faux casey neistat ~asthetic shots~ and pimping the f*ck out of every new restaurant, whatever neighborhoods are around me. My neighborhood now is kind of crappy, but give me an expensive camera and her level of viewers, and i'd make time to make it look like some masterpiece lol

People always talk about how they are in a rut...no you aren't. You just aren't creative and are too lazy/scared to get out of your comfort zone.

Theres other vloggers like Osharegirl and Taylor B who make it a point to just do stuff. If they do repeat stuff like shopping, they throw in a new restaurant, and not just one they are comfortable with. If they want to daily vlog and show their mundane life, its only like 15 or so minutes. Over the course of their WEEK. And its still more interesting than Taylors vlogs. 

Posted

I'm sorry to bring someone else up here, but it's videos like CatCreature's that I wanna see from Taylor. I have no problem watching her twenty minutes at all, they're super chill every time even if she isn't doing much. What would help Taylor immensely, is to just shut up sometimes and let images and music do their magic. I know Taylor sees her vlogs as some kind of diary and a way to exchange with people, but she really, really needs to go out and talk to real people instead of locking herself at home. That would automatically bring better content (not the talking to people, but the going out and venting elsewhere). And well, Annabelle is just honestly working hard for her goals, I don't understand why Taylor isn't using the money she has to take some super random courses that might not do anything for her job-wise, but will bring some fun and change to her life where she's sitting at home all alone. HK is huge and modern, I'm sure she could find English cooking courses or something and then she could still show the recipes she learned in a new video.

Starting something new alone surely would bring her more motivation already, instead she's isolating herself which is so frustrating to watch because she could reach so much more. And that inclused exposure and possible new sponsors/job offers.

Posted

This I agree with! She said herself she's not modeling anymore so why not dye her hair! I don't know what options HK has to offer but just fucking do something! She left Japan because she didn't feel like doing anything anymore and HK was suppose to be the freshness she was longing for for so long. Take Rosie for a walk, show us HK as a tourist, climb a mountain! But no, Taylor wants to stay inside and organize her closet full of clothes she doesn't even wear.

In other news: Can you imagine if you could spend your "working hours" only working on your abs to be visible? And when she called herself "skinny fat" I almost lost it. She has only just started to gain weight again and she certainly has some "wobbly" bits in her, but wasn't that what she wanted? She wanted to have "thick ass and thighs" so why is she complaining? I still consider her skinny, not skinny fat in the slightest ('cause what would that make me) but she's putting so much focus on her looks even thou she doesn't plan to model anymore it makes me think if it's Elbow-san putting pressure on her?

Does she even walk Rosie? Does she have someone do it for her?