• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

8868 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can’t understand people saying Taylor is with his man for money. He seems to be really funny and intelligent! He’s also probably the most interesting part of the vlog. (I couldn’t even watch the whole video... so boring) 

I actually use to date someone who had a similar income as her bf. (I didnt know until 3 months in because I asked after being taken to these fancy places and was concerned he was wasting his savings on me...yes i was that dumb because you just don't think about dating someone that is a millionaire. At least in my case.) I enjoyed his company and we had many things in common. Do you know how hard it is to find someone who likes musicals? lol You can like someone for their personality and having a career. The money can be a bonus. For us it helped us get to do more traveling and do things together. It also helps by not having financial worries for both of you to stay as a couple. Though it can be a problem if one of us went under or let go from our jobs. 

Some parts I was naive about it but I do agree his personality and hobbies was why I dated him and him having money was just a bonus. Actually it made me nervous because I felt I needed to make the same amount or I wasnt good enough or I couldnt give him gifts that he would like. (this was in my head not what he said) We broke up due to mutual agreements and issues with his greencard. (im not going into personal detail but he didnt want to be that person who marry's for a greencard and he was going to be deported) Plus we were only a couple for over a year and didnt have time to decide if we wanted to actually get married.

Sorry for my rambling but I do hate it when people automatically think you can't like someone for them as a person but only for their money.

This thumbnail just screams drama and clickbait... It's E-san's back after a massage they had so why not put that on the thumbnail... -.-

Honestly, I don't get her. This video was about 25 min long and in the midpoint she started reviewing movies and documentaries? 

im listening to it at work and it is very boring. Why am i still listening xD  SEE SHE IS WORKING ON HER NETFLIX  

Edited by Lorared

Posted

I'll admit it's nice that their relationship seems a bit more genuine in vlogs like this when Elbow is just lowkey roasting her lmao but why Tay thought a 23+ minute video would be a great idea for a first video back is beyond me. I didn't watch the whole thing but her "update and goals" starts around 19 mins in. What I gathered from what I skimmed through, things she's been "working on": 

• Revamping her website because it's way outdated and she wants to get back into writing blog posts, so she can share stuff like her fav vegan restaurants and other stuff she might not want to make a video about (which is probably a good move!!! if she sticks to it. It might mean she's finally seeing the idea of quality > quantity... maybe)

• Starting renovations for their new home but probably won't move for at least another 3-4 months. She's working with an interior designer to create a "dream apartment". Plans to vlog the whole thing.

• She's going to try and get her driving license in HK.

Posted

I'll admit it's nice that their relationship seems a bit more genuine in vlogs like this when Elbow is just lowkey roasting her lmao but why Tay thought a 23+ minute video would be a great idea for a first video back is beyond me. I didn't watch the whole thing but her "update and goals" starts around 19 mins in. What I gathered from what I skimmed through, things she's been "working on": 

• Revamping her website because it's way outdated and she wants to get back into writing blog posts, so she can share stuff like her fav vegan restaurants and other stuff she might not want to make a video about (which is probably a good move!!! if she sticks to it. It might mean she's finally seeing the idea of quality > quantity... maybe)

• Starting renovations for their new home but probably won't move for at least another 3-4 months. She's working with an interior designer to create a "dream apartment". Plans to vlog the whole thing.

thanks because all I heard was blablabla...shopping...blabla netflix...blabla....IM GOING TO DO STUFF 

Posted

Thank you, really. Nobody has time to watch such a long vlog where nothing happens, I would have fallen asleep long before the 19 minutes.

Now I'm just wondering why they need to renovate? I get they have the money and can do whatever, but there are tons of pretty (pricey) apartments and probably houses in HK. It does sound like they're gonna settle there then, for a longer time than Japan. At least I hope so, otherwise hiring an interior designer and renovating would be the biggest waste of money. Then again an HK apartment is a good investment for the future even if they're not staying I guess.

Posted

Starting renovations for their new home but probably won't move for at least another 3-4 months. She's working with an interior designer to create a "dream apartment". Plans to vlog the whole thing

Yaaaas I'm a sucker for renovations. Lots of before and afters, Taylor!

But boy that was an unflattering outfit. But I guess as long as she's just loafing around at home it doesn't really matter..

Posted

Yaaaas I'm a sucker for renovations. Lots of before and afters, Taylor!

But boy that was an unflattering outfit. But I guess as long as she's just loafing around at home it doesn't really matter..

is it sad I could tell this vlog would be dumb by her outfit choice? 

Posted

@Lorared your situation is different from Taylor's because you didn't know about his money for 3 months while she definitely knew who he is. (unless she is not dumb enough to not know the CEO of company she's working with) 

Though I agree. He definitely has a lot more to offer than just money. 

Posted

Now I'm just wondering why they need to renovate? I get they have the money and can do whatever, but there are tons of pretty (pricey) apartments and probably houses in HK. 

Never lived in HK but I do live in a city with a ridiculously expensive housing market (also was in Sydney for a while and I’m sure that place is up there too) and I think it’s probably the same in all of these places...

A lot of people use the housing market as an investment, so often — even if you think building look half empty — there isn’t necessarily all that much inventory for sale. Elbow-san sure has quite a bit he can spend but especially on the HK market he’s not alone in that position so it isn’t like those realtors are just waiting for him to finally sell their condos/houses. They also were probably looking for specific locations, if you’re buying and thinking of it as an investment it just makes sense... (especially since you’re spending a lot no matter where you go anyway). You’re mostly paying for location/land, not for the property itself. Maybe that’s a bit different depending on where you are, but if you are in a market that recently got a lot more expensive some of those buildings date from a time when it wasn’t. And you see it. 

Either way, if you’re not pressed for time and can spend some money on renovations it just often makes sense both inn terms of making an investment as well as making your search a little bit easier at least. You’ll likely never find the perfect place anyway,  no matter how much you spend. 

I honestly like seeing renovations. I’m not sure if I should put too much hole on Taylor documenting them in an interesting way, but who knows. It could be good. 

Posted

Am i the only one who sees almost nothing wrong with renovating a place when buying it? I heard it's something normal in Russia, China, and even here [romania. but i don't follow the market to know exactly how often it happens].  All I know is that if the place is not brand new, you don't really want to use the same things as the previous owners and chances are you'd have to do some repairs down the line anyways. So why not doing them before you move in so that you can have your 'dream place'? 

i can't wait to see her renovation videos. :)

i thought her vlog was a bit too long, but i don't mind it much. and i liked learning about her interest in learning about crime scenes, addictions and the like. I hope she was honest because i could relate to her more this way. 

Posted (edited)

Am i the only one who sees almost nothing wrong with renovating a place when buying it? I heard it's something normal in Russia, China, and even here [romania. but i don't follow the market to know exactly how often it happens].  All I know is that if the place is not brand new, you don't really want to use the same things as the previous owners and chances are you'd have to do some repairs down the line anyways. So why not doing them before you move in so that you can have your 'dream place'? 

i can't wait to see her renovation videos. :)

i thought her vlog was a bit too long, but i don't mind it much. and i liked learning about her interest in learning about crime scenes, addictions and the like. I hope she was honest because i could relate to her more this way. 

Nah, I think people are just sick of Tay lor's weak videos like this one that she just released. 

also I'm not that great with makeup but her lips are bugging me. She put so much on her upper lip vs lower that it looks as if she has buck teeth. Also I dont think it helped that the camera was pointed up from an angle. 

Edited by Lorared

Posted

Nah, I think people are just sick of Tay lor's weak videos like this one that she just released. 

also I'm not that great with makeup but her lips are bugging me. She put so much on her upper lip vs lower that it looks as if she has buck teeth. Also I dont think it helped that the camera was pointed up from an angle. 

I agree that her videos are not strong ... anything. I think they're just relaxing in a way. 

I'm not a fan of her make-up, mostly because i think she's really pretty without it. But I do understand if she's using it to make her face look even in color and what not. 

Posted

I agree that her videos are not strong ... anything. I think they're just relaxing in a way. 

I'm not a fan of her make-up, mostly because i think she's really pretty without it. But I do understand if she's using it to make her face look even in color and what not. 

sry i meant to quote someone else on the makeup and it didn't show (I wasn't try to put it with your quote) 

Posted

Watch her comeback video be of her rambling about nothing for 20 mins straight

GIRL, YOU CALLED IT!!

Seriously though, I skipped through like 90% of her new vid. She was just blabbing on about lymphatic massages & 8-pack abs & teacups & stupid-ass Instagram recipes & WTF?!?!? Is this her life??? What a carefree existence it must be to get massages, go shopping, go to the movies, travel, shop some more, have spare time to look up recipes, go to the gym, hang out with your boyfriend...oh yeah and film some Youtube here and there. What a life. Don't get me wrong, it sounds pleasant but it also sounds so.........boring? Like when has Taylor done anything exciting? Like dye her hair a fun color, or climb a mountain, or get a tattoo (even a temporary one, I realize tattoos aren't for everyone), or get a new hair cut, or go zip-lining, or swim with the dolphins, or even do something for charity?

Maybe she's happy with the way her life is, and that's fine. But I'd be bored to tears if I were her.

Posted

GIRL, YOU CALLED IT!!

Seriously though, I skipped through like 90% of her new vid. She was just blabbing on about lymphatic massages & 8-pack abs & teacups & stupid-ass Instagram recipes & WTF?!?!? Is this her life??? What a carefree existence it must be to get massages, go shopping, go to the movies, travel, shop some more, have spare time to look up recipes, go to the gym, hang out with your boyfriend...oh yeah and film some Youtube here and there. What a life. Don't get me wrong, it sounds pleasant but it also sounds so.........boring? Like when has Taylor done anything exciting? Like dye her hair a fun color, or climb a mountain, or get a tattoo (even a temporary one, I realize tattoos aren't for everyone), or get a new hair cut, or go zip-lining, or swim with the dolphins, or even do something for charity?

Maybe she's happy with the way her life is, and that's fine. But I'd be bored to tears if I were her.

This I agree with! She said herself she's not modeling anymore so why not dye her hair! I don't know what options HK has to offer but just fucking do something! She left Japan because she didn't feel like doing anything anymore and HK was suppose to be the freshness she was longing for for so long. Take Rosie for a walk, show us HK as a tourist, climb a mountain! But no, Taylor wants to stay inside and organize her closet full of clothes she doesn't even wear.

In other news: Can you imagine if you could spend your "working hours" only working on your abs to be visible? And when she called herself "skinny fat" I almost lost it. She has only just started to gain weight again and she certainly has some "wobbly" bits in her, but wasn't that what she wanted? She wanted to have "thick ass and thighs" so why is she complaining? I still consider her skinny, not skinny fat in the slightest ('cause what would that make me) but she's putting so much focus on her looks even thou she doesn't plan to model anymore it makes me think if it's Elbow-san putting pressure on her?