• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9192 posts in this topic

Posted

She's just too thirsty for fame that she's willing to do what ever it takes to get it. And it's really sad that a woman who does this needs an assistant.

Posted

Like, what the fuck is this then now! Remember you people who kept on praising her when she moved to HK how her video quality had gone back up and she was "super fucking interesting"? Do you still think so or can you agree it was just a phase and won't return until something super exciting happens to her again?

wow you really have some issues don't you? you're so fast to jump and trash talk her like, what the fck? 

literally, you seem so invested into hating almost everything she does, i'd actually go talk to someone about it if I were you :derp: 

like, yeah, this video is freaking garbage, like the hoodie one as well...yet her first few when she moved into Hong Kong were pretty good. gee, it's like one person can make good AND bad content, what a shocker.

In a way, this could be her niche - the girl who wears weird stuff outside, but she tries too all-over-the-place with trends in general in her videos and can't settle on a specific theme, so this just doesn't stick out enough to truely become her niche or brand. Which is, in my opinion, exactly why she isn't able to become popular - when you think "Dakota" or "Venus" or "Sharla" or even "Mira", the mental association goes straight to the memorable things that are their nich/brand/schtick, either it's "doll", "Japan", "photoshop", "scandals", "crazy" or something. But when you think "Taylor R", the only memorable and constant thing is...probably, "Rosie"...

^this is actually a good point, i think she's either not bright enough to figure it out OR she's too lazy, idk...but she really needs to organize/plan more tbh. maybe put all those ~*cute*~ planners to good use for a change lol. 

Posted

Like, what the fuck is this then now! Remember you people who kept on praising her when she moved to HK how her video quality had gone back up and she was "super fucking interesting"? Do you still think so or can you agree it was just a phase and won't return until something super exciting happens to her again?

but what’s wrong with praising someone when they do something good? When your dog is being good, do you still give it a smack just cos it once used to be bad? lol 

It’s ok to praise someone when they do good, and criticise when they do bad. And in the case of Taylor’s recent string of Vetements videos, they really are fucking terrible and lazy and deserves all the criticism being thrown at her.

Posted

This was the same as her other wearing-weird-clothes-outside videos - basically, the best parts were people's wtf reactions. But I like this kind of "cringe" - it's awkwardly funny or funnily awkward. But please stop with Vetement, it got overdone really fast.

Also, I liked that she compared the two shirts - real one and the cheap one from the market - and pointed out what's different. I just like seeing the differences between the real thing and the knock off.

In a way, this could be her niche - the girl who wears weird stuff outside, but she tries too all-over-the-place with trends in general in her videos and can't settle on a specific theme, so this just doesn't stick out enough to truely become her niche or brand. Which is, in my opinion, exactly why she isn't able to become popular - when you think "Dakota" or "Venus" or "Sharla" or even "Mira", the mental association goes straight to the memorable things that are their nich/brand/schtick, either it's "doll", "Japan", "photoshop", "scandals", "crazy" or something. But when you think "Taylor R", the only memorable and constant thing is...probably, "Rosie"...

I know that people hate these kinds of videos from her on PULL, but she's done it enough that I think it's a theme that she wants for her channel. I mean, she did her weird Jon Snow video, her high fashion DIY videos, etc. She should make it into a playlist because she has so many of these types of videos. 

I think part of that is because she puts everything she produces onto one channel. If she split up her channel into a vlog channel (maybe her current one could be her vlog channel) and a "content" channel, things would be much neater and she'd have more of a controlled niche. 

Also, not to wk, but Taylor R is arguably more popular than Mira and Dakota currently (at least, on the internet). She has more views, subscribers, and followers on Youtube and Instagram than both of them, not to mention she's still semi-consistently been in commercials and photo shoots this year. 

Posted

yes, this video was a little bit out there but I enjoyed it. She showed off some places and interacted with others. It was rather funny too. It seemed like the girl she did it with could possibly be/ is a good friend with Taylor?

Posted

wow you really have some issues don't you? you're so fast to jump and trash talk her like, what the fck? 

literally, you seem so invested into hating almost everything she does, i'd actually go talk to someone about it if I were you :derp: 

Criticizing her is not the same as "hating" her. Let's call a spade a spade and throw some shade. This isn't PrettyNotUglyBestFriend Forums. Sooo many new people to PULL are whiteknighting recently....

this is actually a good point, i think she's either not bright enough to figure it out OR she's too lazy, idk...but she really needs to organize/plan more tbh. maybe put all those ~*cute*~ planners to good use for a change lol. 

Yea, when i think Taylor R I think shady, model, fame-thirsty (desperate for fame...), and sugarbaby. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by lambchopp

Posted (edited)

I know that people hate these kinds of videos from her on PULL, but she's done it enough that I think it's a theme that she wants for her channel. I mean, she did her weird Jon Snow video, her high fashion DIY videos, etc. She should make it into a playlist because she has so many of these types of videos. 

I think part of that is because she puts everything she produces onto one channel. If she split up her channel into a vlog channel (maybe her current one could be her vlog channel) and a "content" channel, things would be much neater and she'd have more of a controlled niche. 

Also, not to wk, but Taylor R is arguably more popular than Mira and Dakota currently (at least, on the internet). She has more views, subscribers, and followers on Youtube and Instagram than both of them, not to mention she's still semi-consistently been in commercials and photo shoots this year. 

Yeah, I kinda wish she'd do separate channels, cuz her's is all over the place with vlogs and vaguely scripted diy/prank??? I guess??? videos. It'd be so much more organized and 'professional' that way - especially since she claims she's trying to build her 'business', whatever tf that's supposed to mean. It'd be nice for her to get on a schedule, like vlog channel posts x amount of times a week, main channel post once a week or something.

I feel like with her posting inconsistency, it might work if she just did 1 or 2 vlogs a week of what happened during the week, too. A lot of the time with her, you get those random vlogs that span for days, so. Idk, maybe some people don't like the weekly vlog style but I'm a big fan of it. They feel a lot less forced. With daily vlogs sometimes it just feels like people trying too hard to capture every interesting thing that happens in a single day and it gets boring for them and their viewers...

Edited by sylveon

Posted

Criticizing her is not the same as "hating" her. Let's call a spade a spade and throw some shade. This isn't PrettyNotUglyBestFriend Forums. Sooo many new people to PULL are whiteknighting recently....

Yea, when i think Taylor R I think shady, model, fame-thirsty (desperate for fame...), and sugarbaby. 

i meant, that person is constantly getting tilted when people are NOT criticizing Taylor and is the first to jump down her throat. Like I said,i'm the first one to shit talk Tay, like, pay attention. But I like to give credit where it's due. I think she's dumb as a plank yet I don't call people who say they like her videos white knights and i certainly don't look for any opening to call her out lmao.

but what’s wrong with praising someone when they do something good? When your dog is being good, do you still give it a smack just cos it once used to be bad? lol 

It’s ok to praise someone when they do good, and criticise when they do bad. And in the case of Taylor’s recent string of Vetements videos, they really are fucking terrible and lazy and deserves all the criticism being thrown at her.

see, this person gets it. her weird clickbaity videos are utter crap, but the first few hong kong ones were ok...for me at least. 

so anyway, just cause the rest of us can agree that she once in a blue moon has decent content, doesn't make us white knights, it just makes y'all salty bitches look ridiculous cause you can't admit she had decent content for once, even by accident lol.

Posted

I'm not sure if that's true tbh. I remember the golden boots video, and a lot of people here liked it. Some even mentioned they find it cool how she walked in them and looked like a model. I also remember it being one of the very few videos where she did something outside.

Her rollerblade-YSL shoes got more criticsm but rather because she let Alexa - a model who needs her ankles to receive jobs - drive around in them and because she had no idea about the tools she was using. And the last one... I think it got mixed reviews here.

So, I wouldn't say that people here hate her 'wear-weird-clothes' videos, especially when she makes DIYs, it's rather... when it's a cringefest, some PULL-users including me get majorly annoyed. She has no comedic timing, she doesn't know when to stop a joke or when to stop making a video about a subject. She just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... She tends to milk a subject forever, espeically when she hopes she can get viral with a video.

This whole Vetement video series is getting so nervewracking. And it's not even the end of it. Now that she couldn't sell the sweater, there will probably be five new videos soon. I hope she doesn't continue this into Vlogmas...

Posted

I don't mean people like that who praise her when there's something to praise her fore. Heck, I do that too! But there were people who took it way over board and started acting like she was the new messiah. Maybe should have worded myself better, sorry about that. Taylor has had her good moments but like many people agree with me, she then gets lazy and starts putting out this weird lazy content.

@Vader_chan you seem to have an issue with me, I send you a PM so why not take it there shall we?

Posted

The girl who helped in Taylor's video is an editor/blogger at her boyfriend's company. I would guess the person who filmed the vlog also work's at her boyfriend's company. 

https://www.facebook.com/be.sona.tina/

http://www.beautyexchange.com.hk/blog/Sona Tina

z.thumb.png.9fac552b63dca9b486e4da441480

She's such a natural beauty! ♥

She has no comedic timing, she doesn't know when to stop a joke or when to stop making a video about a subject. She just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... She tends to milk a subject forever, espeically when she hopes she can get viral with a video.

This!!

I wish she'd focus on what she excells at: nutrition/health/cooking/excersise video's. Maybe add some DIY (like those roomdecorations, not the roller blade wheels she did), model and travel vlogs, some video's exploring Hong Kong..

She could pull off a really nice channel with a large following without trying to become the next Safiya Nygaard.