• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #2

9191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Idk how a 700k sub count will make someone fade into obscurity, but okay. It's not like Taylor showcased Japan that much, anyway. It's not like her subs would be missing out on potential Japan content, more like they'll be introduced to something new Taylor already likes. 

Edited by Slyve

Posted

I think Taylor got way too wrapped up in the persona she created when first moving to Japan that she ended up losing herself.

I always thought it was really strange how her room was decked out in Sailor Moon and other anime gear, yet she didn't make a single reference to watching anime ever again. She also didn't get super excited/fan girly when going to the Sailor Moon store which i honestly believe a true fan would (at least one that covered her room in the stuff once). My guess is that was an act from day one and now that she's done with it, there's nothing left for her in Japan (based off her true personality). Not to mention that although the doll phase made her big in Japan, it killed her modelling career. So going to HK is like going back to basics. 

Seems to me like she's shed that phony persona and has decided to 180 her entire life. Honestly thank god because we have all noticed how sad/off she's seemed for months. 

Posted

That was a cool video! Also HK! :alpacacrush: I'm biased since I was born there but I'm glad she's going somewhere she will be happier. 

Posted

This video is so sincere that I'm going to consider watching her channel again. It will be cool to see vlogs in HK, a place that is more her element it seems like when compared to Japan. 

Posted

I love Taylor!!! I can't wait to see her in HK, though I will miss her in Japan. 

Posted (edited)

Woah I haven't kept up with Taylor in awhile and this was interesting news.

This move to HK will DEFINITELY benefit her, and im kinda excited for her??? Her time in Japan was just becoming repetitive and like we've all noticed before, Taylor seems much more lively in HK. I also kinda expected this since she removed the katakana after her youtube username and changed her header and everything to be less ~kawaii~

im lowkey gonna miss her japan house tho lol i always thought it was really cool

Other than that the more I think about it it's like this era of jvloggers is coming to an end. Bii and Kim left, Sharla's gonna leave, etcetcetc. Wonder who will the new group if there will be one of jvloggers will be.

RIP Taylor's sub count. She's gonna fade into obscurity along with Bii and Kim Dao.

**Oh dear everyone's response was positive lmao, this is what happens when you comment w/o reading first lmao. 

I can lowkey see this happening though, but as much as I find Taylor's content cringey, she does have a pretty interested fanbase. But I know most people followed her primarily for Japan stuff, and I can see a few people finally unfollowing lol. Like when Sharla leaves Japan idk if people would still be interested? yea this is just speculation so take my opinions w a grain of salt lol

Also does anyone know when she's leaving? I watched the video but i cant remember if she said it or not.

Edited by mugi
added question

Posted

The one thing I want to add is that I hope Taylor doesn't think she's returning back to her old HK life. She has changed, her friends have changed and many other little things will be different. So I hope that she won't fall into some kind of depression because it's not what she remembers. 

Posted

Here it is:

Currently watching

I think in parts it's surprisingly honest. Like when she says she got lazy about her Japanese. That her career didn't go well. That she simply wanted to go to Japan and lost herself in that wish. That she has friends in Hong Kong (implying that in Japan it's different)

Also yay for her moving to HK. I'm almost a bit hyped about it, because her HK vlogs were pretty good. And she seems to be so much more motivated and happy there. Maybe this will finally shape her channel  again and make her videos more interesting.

This was a very good video.  Very honest and genuine.  I think she'll do much better in Hong Kong.  

Posted

I'm so excited and happy for her! Everything is gonna go uphill from here, just wait and see. This is definitely going to be the best thing to happen to her channel (since the Kylie Jenner boots video that is... :P)

Yooo Taylor, we're all sticking with you and support this decision. :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

Also does anyone know when she's leaving? I watched the video but i cant remember if she said it or not.

I don't think she mentioned when exactly they're leaving but considering that she said she's gonna start packing and take care of all the paper stuff for Rosie and everything, I'd say they're moving asap. Most time consuming things will probably be packing and cancelling their current rented house. So earliest in the month, but I'd say around the end of the year seems realistic.

Edit: Since they already went house hunting, I also guess that they already have one in HK by now, so it's really just getting all the paper work done and bringing their stuff to HK.

Edited by Qualle

Posted (edited)

I've never been more excited to watch a video of hers, she's releasing a vlog tonight and tomorrow night. I haven't fully watched any videos she's released in long time except for the announcement. This is the refresh she needs.

Edited by Kreatura

Posted

Here it is:

Currently watching

I think in parts it's surprisingly honest. Like when she says she got lazy about her Japanese. That her career didn't go well. That she simply wanted to go to Japan and lost herself in that wish. That she has friends in Hong Kong (implying that in Japan it's different)

Also yay for her moving to HK. I'm almost a bit hyped about it, because her HK vlogs were pretty good. And she seems to be so much more motivated and happy there. Maybe this will finally shape her channel  again and make her videos more interesting.

I actually think it’s one of her best videos so far, it’s surprisingly honest and not try hard like so many of her other videos. Her moving to HK could definitely help her channel evolve considering that a) she seems to like Hong Kong more and b) there aren’t many HK-vloggers (at least not to my knowledge) so that’ll definitely help her stand out.

Posted

Good video BUT I think she should have said that she went to Japan not because she wanted to do jobs that arn't modeling, but because she wanted to be like Dakota! I'm sure if Dakota was just doing modeling in Japan then she would be fine with that too.

Posted

Posted

She's starting to talk about it at 7:26.

Holy shit, they're leaving IN A WEEK. A WEEK. Taylor was the one who couldn't decide to leave or not, her boyfriend was ready like a month ago. She says they lived there for like three years, but I guess she means just in Japan in general? Bit confusing because I'd think that after just moving in the new house more or less recently, there'd still be packed stuff or something... Then she starts packing randomly, not effectively. She's only bringing stuff she really wants to bring? Not sure if I jumped over that or what, but I guess I missed what they're doing with the rest... Could be that she meant the stuff they're bringing first and then the rest is following.