Taylor R - videos #2

2005 posts in this topic

Posted

I liked this video it was fun. People are nitpicking. shes not a professional crafter so don't expect her to be.

Posted

I liked this video it was fun. People are nitpicking. shes not a professional crafter so don't expect her to be.

Im not a professional crafter either, but I make an effort to get at least the basics right. I don't wanna hurt myself nor put a dent into an expensive table. It's not even that hard, it's just common knowledge. And if I'm gonna make a shoe I'm gonna be making sure that it's at least a certain level of safety when someone wears it. 

Posted

Honestly I liked the video just fine.

It was entertaining to see her try to build those things, try them on, and even have the real ones for comparison.

She could have put a disclaimer and been more careful about making them (Seriously that's a lawsuit on wheels) but it seems no harm was done at the end of the day.

I dunno, I've seen her do things that frustrated me much more that this, so in my opinion, this was ok. 

Posted

I don't think anyone expected her to a be a professional crafter.  Most just don't want to see someone get hurt. There are some real safety issues with the tools she used and how she used them.  

It was a miracle no one twisted an ankle which is a big deal in the modeling world.  You can't walk, you can't work.  

Most of the commenters have been mainly concerned about the safety (or lack of).  Taylor wasn't playing around with sparkles and glue.  She had drills, a hacksaw, a knife, and other tools.  Those aren't toys. It's not nitpicking to go, "wow, wow, shouldn't you be a little more careful".  

When she looked about to use a hacksaw to cut through plastic in a skate it was hard not to be worried for her.  Tay looked so confused and ready to win a Darwin Award  (and a trip to the ER to reattach a finger).  

I kept thinking, "Don't do it. Seriously, don't do it."  I was relieved when she put the hacksaw down.  

Posted

and ready to win a Darwin Award

I'd cringe so hard if I watched that video

Posted (edited)

Honestly, that wasn't even half bad. It was pretty creative and Taylor worked properly on the DIY for once. The result even looked nice.

BUT

Why. The. Fuck. Did they have to bother the poor workers at the model agency? Taylor went to Alexa's (?) model agency and made her wear those "roller skates", but it was an open room and in the background you could see people working. Obviously they were loud.

Now what is actually super interesting and good is that Taylor went to the YSL store (found a foreign staff member lol) and tried the actual YSL shoes. That was actually pretty cool because for once she used her privilege as a blonde white foreigner and went to the actual store. I wouldn't even think about stepping into those because they usually have security staff and everything lol

Used her privilege to enter the YSL store? Please,  you don't have to wave with your black card to get to enter the store.

Edited by Couture

Posted

I liked the video. Even the Rosie part didn't annoy me, probably because it was super short and actually funny for once. 

Alexa is great, you can definitely see she's a real model, and I liked that Taylor acknowledges it too. It also looks like they are genuine friends.

The only criticism from me is that Taylor should have put a disclaimer in the video like commercials do, "Don't try doing this at home" or something like that, because those shoes were dangerous af.

Posted

It was a miracle no one twisted an ankle which is a big deal in the modeling world.  You can't walk, you can't work.  

This is what I thought! That if Alexa now hurts herself she can't work and who's gonna pay for that? Taylor? Bitch, no.

But then I got to think: if that was Taylor's plan all along? To make Alexa hurt herself and not be able to model? Could she be that evil :darth: 

Posted

I really enjoyed this new DIY video and I think Taylor is really improving over time with these kinds of videos. I really enjoyed especially with Alexa she seems like such a down to earth girl.