• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor's money

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ok here's the thing about Modeling and finances (NY perspective):

On working with big brands:

- Yea you may get selected to participate in shoots for big brands BUT sometimes you do NOT get paid for those shoots because they are meant to be portfolio pieces.

- The real money comes from becoming the face of an international brand. Such as Calvin Klein, etc. You get repeated work and they also have the budget to pay.

On agencies and costs:

- As a model you are expected to bring in work to the agency. You do NOT get compensated for going to castings or even for the test shoots involved.
- You also hold a debt to the agency you are supposed to pay back (like a loan) for travel, rent, etc. Usualy they pay the debt from the work you bring. 

I have not done too much research into Taylor's prime HK modeling days, but I would say that her salary could  not be enough to live the same way she does now. As an entry level model, costs are especially high! 

The way I see her model timeline is this: 

At first, she got some paid bookings here and there which allowed her to sustain some level of income. She lived in shared model housing at one point early on in her career (evidenced by her meeting her BFF Tais and referencing it in past videos).

Did she have thousands upon thousands to invest in stocks? NO! I would say her salary could've been anywhere from 40-60KUSD per year during the peak of her HK days. Which may or may not be a lot (I'm unsure of HK day to day expenses). 

Eventually she met elbow-san in HK and started living with him (AKA nice apartments). Perhaps she saved money on rent, etc and could have enough to pad her "savings". Once she moved to Japan she did less modeling gigs and has relied on elbow-san and her savings for support, with a bit of money coming in from YT.

Edited by dirty_bento_boxxy

Posted

Regarding HK day to day expenses, the most expensive part of living in HK is rent. It's liable to eat up half your pay check and makes you unable to save anything. I don't know how much the shared accommodation she lived in at the beginning cost though .

Otherwise, it's possible to live pretty cheaply on other things (food, clothes, amenities, transport). Bills should be okay even if a bit pricey.

Posted (edited)

Taylor's financial independence is probably relative.  Someone I know (with a degree and a decent office job that doesn't pay spectacularly well) ended up marrying a top executive in one of the largest companies in my country. The financial deal was that he would pay for their luxury lifestyle (dream apartment, country estate, living expenses, staff, holidays, etc) and she would keep her salary to use as pocket money, which means lots of designer shopping and eating out at fancy restaurants. 

A normal person on her salary would barely make ends meet in a large city, but once this woman was free from all financial obligations that come with normal life, she had enough to maintain an affluent lifestyle and still claim she affords it with her own money.  I suspect Taylor has a similar arrangement with Elbow-san. He probably pays for the huge house in Tokyo and its upkeep, the business class flights and the designer handbags, while she uses her earnings from YouTube and the odd modelling/acting job to buy Orbeez and giant balloons (just to mention a couple of lame videos she did recently ). 

Edited by maruchan
typos (long day at work....)

Posted

Taylor's financial independence is probably relative.  Someone I know (with a degree and a decent office job that doesn't pay spectacularly well) ended up marrying a top executive in one of the largest companies in my country. The financial deal was that he would pay for their luxury lifestyle (dream apartment, country estate, living expenses, staff, holidays, etc) and she would keep her salary to use a pocket money, which meant lots of designer shopping and eating out at fancy restaurants. 

A normal person on her salary would barely make ends meet in a large city, but once this woman was free from all financial obligations that come with normal life, she had enough to maintain an affluent lifestyle and still claim she afforded it with her money.  I suspect Taylor has a similar arrangement with Elbow-san. He probably pays for the huge house in Tokyo and its upkeep, the business class flights and the designer handbags, while she uses her earnings from YouTube and the odd modelling/acting job to buy Orbeez and giant balloons (just to mention a couple of lame videos she did recently ). 

the concept suggested by the whole post is actually highly similar to how their current financial set-up is

Posted

the concept suggested by the whole post is actually highly similar to how their current financial set-up is

I would say "how their current financial set-up is likely to be." Let's face it, we are all making assumptions here. But that's why I like catching up on gossip here on PULL, it helps me unwind in the evening! 

Posted

Taylor's financial independence is probably relative.  Someone I know (with a degree and a decent office job that doesn't pay spectacularly well) ended up marrying a top executive in one of the largest companies in my country. The financial deal was that he would pay for their luxury lifestyle (dream apartment, country estate, living expenses, staff, holidays, etc) and she would keep her salary to use as pocket money, which means lots of designer shopping and eating out at fancy restaurants. 

A normal person on her salary would barely make ends meet in a large city, but once this woman was free from all financial obligations that come with normal life, she had enough to maintain an affluent lifestyle and still claim she affords it with her own money.  I suspect Taylor has a similar arrangement with Elbow-san. He probably pays for the huge house in Tokyo and its upkeep, the business class flights and the designer handbags, while she uses her earnings from YouTube and the odd modelling/acting job to buy Orbeez and giant balloons (just to mention a couple of lame videos she did recently ). 

I think this is probably correct and what I was alluding too as well. As we all know rent is the thing that eats a big whole in your income. If you don't have other big expenses like student loans, car payment etc. and you make anything decent it can be a really nice lifestyle.

Years ago when I worked for a big investment fund company that had all these charts and data that showed retirement funds and compared someone who started working at 18 and immediately put money in compared to a doctor who started much later (because of school, loans etc). You would think the much larger doctor's salary would mean even starting later they would have much more but those extra ten years of even smaller amounts added every year put the other person ahead by age 40 even though they earned much less, but contributed much longer. I'm not saying Taylor is a millionaire but it could very well be if she was careful could be building a nice nest egg for herself long term.

I 100% agree that Elbow-San is covering the rent or most of it. Which I don't judge, because if one partner has it to share why not? I think Mimei must have been helping cover Duncan's share of their expenses more when they got together. Obviously their lifestyle is no where near what Taylor's is but I got the feeling Duncan was doing YouTube full time when his income from it probably wasn't enough to  cover his cost of living. As long as the couple is happy it's all good IMHO.

@drusilla yeah, it's also what it's about to me. I really don't care about Tay or people around her's info. I'd rather not have them posted here. But talking about her does bring up a bunch of financial infos I had no ideas about. I don't care at all about concrete info about Taylor, but yeah, she's also what got me intrigued about how much Caucasian models make in Hong-Kong, how her Jp agency pays her or book her, what her "youtube manager" do exactly, what Youtube Japan does for the Jvloggers and how they treat them differently, etc.

I am just curious about these financial and business info are they are both new, very opaque (never openly discussed).

I find this very interesting too. I've heard about people's bad experiences with agencies like Micaela and Duncan and Mimei. I'd also be very curious to know what you said, how much from bookings etc. Elyse Sewell used to keep a livejournal which was very interesting but never covered money. I get that because if you are working you can't "spill the beans" but now she has other business I'd love to see her write a book with the nitty gritty details. She did say once years ago that she hated working in Japan and much preferred HK.

Posted

I would say "how their current financial set-up is likely to be." Let's face it, we are all making assumptions here. But that's why I like catching up on gossip here on PULL, it helps me unwind in the evening! 

is 95% likely to be then since substantial proof placed under circumstantial context does not equate to first hand confirmation.

Posted

But that seems to be the most likely case. If her house and utilities are payed for she can spend her money however she wants without worry. And tbh probably when she runs out of money elbow-san would give her more (if she has big purchases that month for example when she bought her camera)

Posted

I think discussing her finances is gone too far,mainly because we are moving into Elbow-san terrictory too often and he is not discussable

Posted

This makes the most sense. Also, if her boyfriend or father are familiar with finance, as they seem to be, the chances of stock or investments becomes more believable too, especially if it was something set aside for her when she was young, or if she has had a bunch of income in the bank largely untouched from having elbow-San pay the bills (which would make her interview make more sense).

Posted

I would like to remind everyone that we do not allow doxxing or release of personal information about snowflakes and especially their friends/family members. If you want to go sleuthing and find this info yourself, we can't stop you, but it is in our forum rules that we do not allow the release of personal information. Anyone being found releasing information will be warned if not banned.

Carry on.

Posted (edited)

Edited by popcorn465

Posted

I don't have very much to add here but the impression I got from the phone bill video was that elbow-san pays her phone bill. I could be wrong though.

I feel like the arrangement suggested above is probably accurate, where Elbow-san takes care of the lifestyle things (rent, bills, boring stuff) leaving Taylor free to use her YT income on frivolous things. So when she gets defensive on shopping sprees and says things like "I'm using my own money!" she's not lying - it's just not the full picture.

I brought up this scenario months ago and concur. The only way for Taylor to claim financial independence while having a meager income is if elbow-san foots the bill for the big ticket costs as part of their arrangement (rent/utilities/phone/etc). Taylor likely just uses her money for the shopping hauls, cafes, and lush bombs. 

Posted

I think, like a lot of young women in big cities, she makes her money by various boyfriends or hostessing.  She's attractive and she's young and she doesn't have a typical day job.  She's getting money from ether her modeling (but according to other comments on this, she isn't that successful) or she's getting it from someone else, such as parents (probably not, she's a grown woman but maybe they help her some) or more then likely men.  Men will good money for girls like her.  She probably makes her money via a little bit of modeling and a little bit of various forms of prostitution.  She does have a very sexualizd image and honestly probably can commend good money from men.  I mean it's whatever, it's legit to live like that and if it pays her bills and everyone is consenting then whatever.

Posted

I think, like a lot of young women in big cities, she makes her money by various boyfriends or hostessing.  She's attractive and she's young and she doesn't have a typical day job.  She's getting money from ether her modeling (but according to other comments on this, she isn't that successful) or she's getting it from someone else, such as parents (probably not, she's a grown woman but maybe they help her some) or more then likely men.  Men will good money for girls like her.  She probably makes her money via a little bit of modeling and a little bit of various forms of prostitution.  She does have a very sexualizd image and honestly probably can commend good money from men.  I mean it's whatever, it's legit to live like that and if it pays her bills and everyone is consenting then whatever.

Those are illegal in Japan... and her visa wouldn't allow her to get an Hostess Job