• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor's money

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I don't think it matters where her money comes from... Even if it isn't money she made herself, it's not like she's forcing anyone to give it to her or doing anything illegal (that we know of) to obtain it...

Right, but this is a gossip forum. The object is to discuss things that don't matter for entertainment.

Posted (edited)

I just found an official financial document for her boyfriends company detailing a sale over HK$6,000,000 not long before she went on that investment blog.

Can't share it here because it has his name, I assume, but now I'm even more skeptical. Why work if your boyfriend is supposedly a multi-millionaire (that's still 1m at least in Canadian)?

edit for typo 

sold what? you mean 6MM in revenue for his company? Thats about 750KUSD, meaning he's not a multi-millionaire.

Edited by dirty_bento_boxxy

Posted (edited)

sold what? you mean 6MM in revenue for his company? Thats about 750KUSD, meaning he's not a multi-millionaire.

In USD, it's not. In HK dollar, it is.

Note how I said it's slightly more than 1m in Canadian.

Im not sure why you would even factor in USD since neither of them have anything to do with the US?

edit: god I cant type today.

Edited by Olivercat

Posted

In USD, it's not. In HK dollar, it is.

Note how I said it's slightly more than 1m in Canadian.

edit: god I cant type today.

so was the 6MMHKD alluding to company sales??

Posted

so was the 6MMHKD alluding to company sales??

The sale of private stock.

This is assuming he's even the person we think he is. We could be completely wrong.

Posted

The sale of private stock.

This is assuming he's even the person we think he is. We could be completely wrong.

so if its the sale of stock what does that mean exactly? the market cap must be in the multi-million then surely. What percent does 6MM represent? 

Posted

It's like it's ok to discuss inconsistancies in her claims, but snooping around for her financial info is a tad bit stalking and out of Line

It's not her financial info, it's his. Also, private financial information isn't posted freely on the internet, that would be illegal. This is public record and easily accessible. We don't even know if it's actually him.

Posted

It's not her financial info, it's his. Also, private financial information isn't posted freely on the internet, that would be illegal. This is public record and easily accessible. We don't even know if it's actually him.

That was my point , considering her financial info may be related to someone else it's even worse than leaking her info. I think sometimes I think PULL has bad habits. I think the only way a Vlogger deserves this kind of attention is when they ask Money to support their livestyles or acuse other vloggers of lying about their income and making absurd claims about their own income. When they simply like to be discrete about their source of income I think it's disrespectful, be it Taylor, Rachel  Mimei or anyone else, We have enough to gossip about without discussing their income. I hope I'm not being mean, I just feel sometimes people go overboard

Posted

That was my point , considering her financial info may be related to someone else it's even worse than leaking her info. I think sometimes I think PULL has bad habits. I think the only way a Vlogger deserves this kind of attention is when they ask Money to support their livestyles or acuse other vloggers of lying about their income and making absurd claims about their own income. When they simply like to be discrete about their source of income I think it's disrespectful, be it Taylor, Rachel  Mimei or anyone else, We have enough to gossip about without discussing their income. I hope I'm not being mean, I just feel sometimes people go overboard

I respect your opinion but I don't feel the same way. Stuff like this is speculated in the news every single day. It's part of being an internet celebrity. No, you're not being mean. You're allowed to voice your thoughts in a civil manner. If I wanted to be disrespectful, I'd paste his name everywhere for search engines to pick up (although that's against the rules so it wouldn't last very long, likely, as the mods here are pretty slick).

so if its the sale of stock what does that mean exactly? the market cap must be in the multi-million then surely. What percent does 6MM represent? 

It means he personally owned a percentage of the company and sold his share. 

Posted

Is the boyfriend's company a public listed company? If so, the financial information is open for the general public and scrutiny.

Posted

I don't think it's appropriate to discuss someone's income, mainly when it involves an anonymous person. I think we shouldn't make assumptions like this .,. It's clear she is well off, I don«t think we need to scrutinize her income, it's not like she's claiming that youtube alone is enough to survive , she has claimed to have savings, whatever the source of her savings/ lifestyle, considering she's not asking or scamming her viewers for Money I don't think it's appropriate to disclose personal income information. It's like it's ok to discuss inconsistancies in her claims, but snooping around for her financial info is a tad bit stalking and out of Line ( Unlike some other PULL youtubers she never asked her to finance her lavish livestyle nor her visa)

She did claim that she's been self-sufficient since she was in highschool I believe which is not realistic at all. Even if you take into account her modeling it still would not be enough for her lifestyle. And since shes's also spouting how hard she works and how she's pretty much worked for everything she has, which are obvious lies, I think we can talk about her money. Yes she is not scamming people but she is still preaching about something that is fake basically. And since people didn't actually disclose his name or used illegal ways to find the information (they did say it's pubic) I don't see anything wrong with it.

Posted

Honestly I don't think it matters where her money comes from... Even if it isn't money she made herself, it's not like she's forcing anyone to give it to her or doing anything illegal (that we know of) to obtain it...

This. I don't see why it matters so much to everyone. Even if she gets lots of money from her family of boyfriend and she lives a privileged life, is that somehow 'wrong' of her?

Posted

This. I don't see why it matters so much to everyone. Even if she gets lots of money from her family of boyfriend and she lives a privileged life, is that somehow 'wrong' of her?

It wouldn't matter if she wasn't claiming that nobody supported her since she was in highschool, that she's entirely self-sufficient as I mentioned previously. So she's lying and that why it matters. If she hasn't said such things we would have absolutely no problem with the fact that she has money or where it comes from

Posted

Does anyone have actual knowledge of how much a model can be paid in HK per (decent) assignment? I can't remember the names but I remember seeing pictures posted here of Taylor's modeling work and as I recall she did some advertisements for some high end brands. I recall in particular a couple of gorgeous high end makeup ones. I'm not saying every bit of work she got was that prestigious or well paid but she must have made some decent money. I also remember reading (years ago) that catalog work actually paid pretty well for models and it could be "bread and butter" kind of work.

I see lots of speculation but does anyone have any real examples of what a decent modeling job pays in HK? Elyse Sewell from Americas Next Top Model did a lot of modeling in HK for a number of years and I thought it was because she wanted to make/save up money. (Because she always kind of looked down at modeling at least at first).

If Taylor was paid even a few thousand for a big modeling job and was living cheaply in one of those shared apartments and invested her money its possible she could have made quite a bit. How much exactly I cannot say.

It's clear Elbow-San makes a good income and his job very well may pay part or all of his rent. We have no way of knowing how much or how little Taylor contributes to that. Many of the expensive things Taylor has we know we're gifts from Elbow-San so while Taylor does take taxis and has a nice life when she buys a backpack or something it's from a Forever 21. It's not like she's buying LV bags all the time herself.

Posted

@drusilla yeah, it's also what it's about to me. I really don't care about Tay or people around her's info. I'd rather not have them posted here. But talking about her does bring up a bunch of financial infos I had no ideas about. I don't care at all about concrete info about Taylor, but yeah, she's also what got me intrigued about how much Caucasian models make in Hong-Kong, how her Jp agency pays her or book her, what her "youtube manager" do exactly, what Youtube Japan does for the Jvloggers and how they treat them differently, etc.

I am just curious about these financial and business info are they are both new, very opaque (never openly discussed).