This little fake vegan is pissing me off.

111 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm really sick of her playing with the vegan lifestyle as if it's not deserving of any respect. I'm a vegan to not kill animals and she prances around telling everyone to "work hard" while she pretends to be a vegan only to OPENLY eat meat and support the meat industry. She's using a lifestyle created to be selfless and she's turned it into something that only serves her the purpose of looking good online to cater her "aesthetic"

taylor r.jpg

Posted

I'm pretty sure she's been pretty transparent in that she only "tries" to eat vegan and gluten free for vanity reasons. It seems like she doesn't really show anything non vegan in her vlogs, though, cause I'm sure people would complain. I was really surprised to see her with a plate of eggs alongside Elbow-san. 

Posted

I agree! But while she's transparent she still lacks the respect the diet and its ideals deserve. She shouldn't be calling her lifestyle even "half vegan kind of vegan" There is no title to her lifestyle other than she tries to be healthy. She's allowed to be healthy but when she says thing like "oh nono I don't eat this and that" It's publicly giving her the good attention and then she proves she doesn't really care by eating meat at family gatherings or when she's just craving something really bad. Also this isn't even to mention the times she must privately eat animal proucts, yet she continues to throw the word "vegan" around because she knows it looks/sounds good. If she respected it in the least she'd stop using the term. Granted I understand this could stem from lack of understanding/education (which theres no shame in) but I've tried to bring it up several times (very nicely may I add) and I'm only ever bullied and called terrible names by her other fans and I'm kind of sick of her whole brand now :/ I've tried reaching out about her fans behaviour, and she's yet to say anything publicly even though many people are complaining, and to me its just irresponsible. but what do I know.

But yeah I thought it was worth mentioning because I see a lot of stuff about her online and while most people bringing up issues only use the dramatics to draw in attention, it seems she has people trained to bully people out of having an adverse opinion of her content (hence why i scroll through her videos relentlessly trying to find constructive comments/tips that don't idolize her and they're all accompanied by a barrage of cyber bullying/name calling, and are eventually just all together taken down. smh

She also didn't say they were for vanity reasons she only said she tries to eat vegan and conveniently neglected to say why, and also continued to lead on that she was extremely picky because she also cares about animals, then once again contradicts herself. Which is abusing a lifestyle and tainting the image of people who genuinely work hard to maintain such a lifestyle.

it's just called disrespect, and It's fishy to me how obsessively protective her fans are of her. And I've dealt with some pretty seriously delusional fans.

Posted

>buys leather bags, accessories, and clothes 
>buys brands that are known for testing on animals
>openly eats meat, and other products that vegans would not eat 

"Guys, I swear I am vegan!"

Agreed, she is just trying to reach a demographic lifestyle that just obviously isn't hers. I feel she went the whole "vegan" route because Sharla was supposedly doing it. 

Posted

These were my thoughts exactly. While she doesn't specifically state she's vegan, I know she's no fool and is very aware of the way she's portraying herself online. Also I have quite a lot of personal information that she refuses to share. I live in her hometown Grimsby Ontario. You wouldnt' believe it I swear. Everything's a lie or otherwise embellished. I know the whole family. It makes me sick.

[Censored to protect the privacy of Taylor's family]

If you guys wanna know the basic gist of things (within reasonable privacy breaches obviously as I even know where he father lives because i used to do youth group at the church around the corner from his house) just continue the thread man. (I can give proof of the validity of this information as well)

My real theory is that she's living off of her boyfriend significantly while claiming to be supporting herself. He seems to be a businessman so it would explain the housing/travel/car as Japanese companies seem to often subsidize for living cost, sometimes entirely waiving travel fees when applicable. This explains why she can buy so many luxurious items, but then gets me wondering why she's be cold hearted enough to make elbow-san pick up all of the slack because she'd rather buy designer hand bags, phone cases, and eating out everyday than help him advance seeing as he's doing a lot for her. That just makes her look like a bad person imo

As far as I'm concerned the kids still live in the Niagara region (not even Toronto, she comes from a totally different region... it's MUCH cheaper to buy her fathers house here than it is in Toronto.) 

I know all of this because I went to school with her all throughout highschool. She was infamously known for being materialistic, and holding great value in the places she travelled, and the things she owned even though she only ever went to a normal run of the mill school, and her parents were only still within the middle class tax bracket. She liked to show off her unmanageable spending habits because she thought people would like her more if they thought she was rich. 

So while you guys are extremely close to being right about her, you're a bit off as she's not even rich. She shows off and takes credit for money the people around her earned. She has her whole life.

Posted

proof of my relevance 

i used to do youth group around the corner from her dads house:

this church was seen in her video of her christmas dinner at her dads house:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.57.37 PM.png

this is the church as I know it:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.58.47 PM.png

I'm friends with the father on fb because our families know eachother and this is his car in front of his house:

[censored]

This is the house as you drive by, i have it pulled on google maps to prove i know where it is.

If that doesn't prove im relevant I dont know what would without me pulling up contact info tbh

[censored]

This is the real shit man. I'm local and I didn't even know Taylor had a youtube channel until a few days ago. We just happened to go to school together, and we leave within proximity of her mothers home in grimsby as well (but i wont show that because it's too close to me personally) I know her. I binged all her videos, saw the drama and thought id set it straight. I personally don't like her, but I'm not trying to bully just letting you guys know what the people immediately around her think as well.

The tea's been discussed but she can't hide behind this. Too close to home.

Posted

Any high school anecdotes you want to share?

Posted (edited)

I wish I had the conscience to share but unfortunately this isn't a personal affair but more so for a bigger picture. She's manipulated people into thinking she's such a perfect person that her comment section is a war ground for cyber bullying. She ignored the bullying, and thats not right. Not when it's over her own lies.

And yes, ignoring question addressing grey zones you purposely leave grey is lying Taylor (I'm pretty convinced she watches these forums even though she says she doesn't)

She could never stand not knowing what was being said about her, must of been tiring really.

To stick through to the theme though:

-she talked about jaw reduction surgery even as far back as her 10 year. She never liked her jaw or her cheek bones growing up in elementary school (she was told it was the weight, but even when she lost the weight her face was still quite bloated looking, and far from sharp other than her jaw) 

-She claims she was bullied, yet she's persistently had issues with being extremely rude to those less fortunate to her by comparing her things to theirs.

-The whole vegan thing is a joke because she would get very stand off-ish whenever anyone would try to guilt her into never eating meat again (witnessed first hand at school) 

Her entire life online here is far from as ideal as people may think. 

Another note worthy thing to add, is that she even censors her family. They're not even allowed to post anything of their own sister/daughter on facebook. When they do she's always commented for them to take it down, or its just gone shortly after. But here are some old photos! *just wait for me to do the computer thing) idk if you guys have these but probably not?

-she wasn't even into the cutesy style until 2013 (way to discredit always loving the style since being young and growing into the industry opposed to changing who you are for this insane ideal your'e forcing yourself to live by)

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.54.02 AM.png

this is her in 2013:

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.55.42 AM.png

and this is the image she allowed on FB after her screening:

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.58.10 AM.png

quite the contrast

Edited by defiantlyU
unfinished thought

Posted (edited)

this is 2012:

Screen_Shot_2017-05-16_at_1.16.58_AM.thu

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 1.16.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 1.16.45 AM.png

This is her natural beautiful self, not the image she portrays to be her "natural beautiful self" on her instagram and youtube channel. She changes herself completely to reflect an image of Japanese society/subculture. She was perfectly happy with herself before she left to start modeling, and it was after modeling that she went back to normal. She's trying to say she genuinely liked the style and I don't really believe that.

This girl has some major self worth issues.

Edited by defiantlyU
clarification

Posted (edited)

These were my thoughts exactly. While she doesn't specifically state she's vegan, I know she's no fool and is very aware of the way she's portraying herself online. Also I have quite a lot of personal information that she refuses to share. I live in her hometown Grimsby Ontario. You wouldnt' believe it I swear. Everything's a lie or otherwise embellished. I know the whole family. It makes me sick.

If you guys wanna know the basic gist of things (within reasonable privacy breaches obviously as I even know where he father lives because i used to do youth group at the church around the corner from his house) just continue the thread man. (I can give proof of the validity of this information as well)

My real theory is that she's living off of her boyfriend significantly while claiming to be supporting herself. He seems to be a businessman so it would explain the housing/travel/car as Japanese companies seem to often subsidize for living cost, sometimes entirely waiving travel fees when applicable. This explains why she can buy so many luxurious items, but then gets me wondering why she's be cold hearted enough to make elbow-san pick up all of the slack because she'd rather buy designer hand bags, phone cases, and eating out everyday than help him advance seeing as he's doing a lot for her. That just makes her look like a bad person imo

As far as I'm concerned the kids still live in the Niagara region (not even Toronto, she comes from a totally different region... it's MUCH cheaper to buy her fathers house here than it is in Toronto.) 

I know all of this because I went to school with her all throughout highschool. She was infamously known for being materialistic, and holding great value in the places she travelled, and the things she owned even though she only ever went to a normal run of the mill school, and her parents were only still within the middle class tax bracket. She liked to show off her unmanageable spending habits because she thought people would like her more if they thought she was rich. 

So while you guys are extremely close to being right about her, you're a bit off as she's not even rich. She shows off and takes credit for money the people around her earned. She has her whole life.

I'm from B (you'll know it since you're from Grimsby) and tbh all this info isn't exactly unknown about her if you're a local. I just asked some coworkers at my job about her and they spilled all they knew LOL 

no one knows shes a youtuber until I tell them, and they know her siblings better than they know her. She keeps her life private pretty well.... 

but anyway she has stated on multiple occasions she is not actually vegan and this "fake vegan" thing is getting old in her threads. 

edit: can someone please tell me why caps from a post I made ages ago inserted themselves and wont let me delete them 

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.54.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.56.39 PM.png

Edited by pcy

Posted

Okay, can someone tell me where she explicitly says I am a vegan? The only video I've seen her talk about her diet is this one from about a year ago, and she says she isn't but eats mostly a plant-based diet (7:30).   As for her attitude as a  teenager, we all do stupid shit then, and we all had an attitude.  Personally,  I try not to hold people's adolescence against them.  If you were personally victimized by her, then that's different.

Posted

the most shocking tea is that taylor isn't actually rich, and it's all her rich hk boyfriend

Posted

Im not saying she specifically said she was vegan, I'm saying she throws the word around unapologetically. Yes she's allowed to do this, but just amongst me and the vegan community its pretty generally accepted that throwing around a term directly linked to such a sensitive topic is insensitive.

And yes!! I know what B is at least theres a few cities within driving distance that starts with B, although I'm assuming youre speaking of the city in and around hamilton. I just thought that maybe some people on here may benefit from some inside confirmation as I havent done much research really on what has been brought up. It was simply to help if i possibly could have :3

Also to clarify yes she has done some things to me personally but they're not worth mentioning publically. I'm not posting about this for everyone to see as theres no point in sharing her past in graphic detail to a bunch of people. It was simply to put two and two together maybe with her trend in attitude. I want to support you guys because of personal experience, because i know a lot of you are getting backlash for talking about her.

Posted

No I'm talking about the little town thats five mins away which means censoring it was pointless lmao 

I never thought she was rich because even the nicest houses in grimsby (around where we know she lives) run for like $600k canadian dollars which is doable for anyone in the middle class 

(her mothers house is on the same street as my mums friends actually, I'm pretty sure. They have the same layout inside LOL) 

Posted (edited)

the most shocking tea is that taylor isn't actually rich, and it's all her rich hk boyfriend It made me do this in order to reply because i hit the wrong button once ffs.

Anyway, yeah I know, I couldn't stand to watch people argue over whether taylor was supporting herself or if it was her dad. Her dad wouldn't ever support her. She's almost 30 and it would take well over half his earnings. Theres no way taylor is clearing what her dad is making, so the only reasonable solution would be the boyfriend (which in east asian society is typical) She's still lying though to look good XD. It's funny.

I just went through the whole picture book story because I know no one would take random hear say from someone they wouldn't be able to credit.

Side note *** Taylor's dad cannot afford to support a bunch of kids with designer handbags with his income, she was not raised this way. Yes they were spoiled, and any spoiling is excessive, but they were probably given about as much as we were and my parents make a bit less than they do. (other than that weird one day shopping trip to nyc i still dont understand in what reality a 16 year old can go alone to shop the way she explained it... I honestly don't even recall ever hearing about this trip either and it sounds like something that would have spread quickly) But like, she probably did save money a buy one or two expensive things, but she definitely wasn't self sufficient from the time she first worked part time and she's honestly sounding very delusional to say otherwise. She just refused to see the bigger picture of people less fortunate, as she did her whole time she was in my day to day life.

Personally I'm a person who struggled for nearly 3 years my first time leaving home for university and it was integral for me to experience what it's like to have to not know what the right thing is, and what you need to prioritize because my parents happened to not want to cushion me the way she has been. To have someone discredit what I have gone through to earn what she has given to her is insulting. Sheer ignorance.

Edited by defiantlyU