• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King General Thread #2

982 posts in this topic

Posted

i came across her channel a while ago as i am a beginner sewer and i was looking for sewing tutorials, but the more i read about her the more she starts to weird me out a bit? especially some of her fashion choices. i mean i have no issue with dressing cute. but dressing like a child when you're in your late twenties is a bit too much.especially given the fact that she's dating a much older guy. but as long as it makes her happy and she isn't hurting anyone with it what can i say..

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Addeki

Posted

Why are you all dead xD 

Posted

Why are you all dead xD 

everyone went on to discord including me haha

Posted

hi, long time lurker here, i found yumi's "twin" on a chinese tv program (no subtitles unfortunately) and had to share. Basically, she wears "lolita" dresses and cosplays as daily wear as well.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think yumi's style seems to be inspired by some bogus chinese cosplay trends (not that all chinese people can't cosplay properly) instead of just her misinterpretation of lolita fashion and hanfu and all?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Euterpe
nvm found out about it

Posted

hi, long time lurker here, i found yumi's "twin" on a chinese tv program (no subtitles unfortunately) and had to share. Basically, she wears "lolita" dresses and cosplays as daily wear as well.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think yumi's style seems to be inspired by some bogus chinese cosplay trends (not that all chinese people can't cosplay properly) instead of just her misinterpretation of lolita fashion and hanfu and all?

there are multiple eps of this kind of show that is the exact same: intervention show, boy likes girl, girl likes Lolita fashion a little too much for the boy's liking, everyone in the audience is like asdfghjkl SHE'S DRESSED CHILDISHLY, and they must amend their relationship by having her give up her interests. 

like, wow, who'da thunk Lolita fashion is not the most subtle fashion choice in mainland China. 

while the girl in this ep is a little OTT (she demands to ride on the boy's shoulder in public as well as being a 'lifestyle Lolita') i feel like the age argument is kinda dumb. as long as they are respectful, just let the girl wear what she wants whatever her age. China can be so backwards in some attitudes sometimes.

same goes for Yumi, if she didn't insist on being such a trashy ita (what's an ita for hanfu?) not one would reasonably criticise her for being a 'lifestyle [whatever]'

Posted (edited)

I think Yumi would really benefit from having some proper friends. And I wonder how her life would have turned out if she married some Chinese guy her age since she looks miserable with Splenda lol I don’t love her or anything but I think it’s really frustrating if you can’t communicate properly with your spouse. She sounds actually pretty normal when she speaks Chinese so I imagine her being more grounded when she’s with other Chinese people

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

I just caught up with this thread and woah, never thought Yumi's situation is actually as bizzare as it appears. I remember I watched some of her sewing vids back then and while I definitely found her weird I thought it's just an act to give a brand to her channel. Then she got this "boyfriend" (I can't call him boyfriend he's a grown man aaarrg) and the creepy vibe just made me stop watching her entirely. I kind of hoped she is actually like over 40 and just wear lots of makeup lol, and IRL they are a normal couple but hearing about Splenda daddy's past makes me cringe so much.

It's just really scary to think about how they are just like those couples where a rich fetishist dude "buys" an Asian wife except Yumi gave "herself" for free?? This dude doesn't deserve her even with all her cringyness. I never thought I would quote Trump but

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

I can't view the video, could it be for geographical reasons or was it simply taken down? I get the idea from the thumbnail but still 

Posted (edited)

I just can't look at splenda daddies face without cringing, it makes it worse knowing he's with Yumi. If i saw them out and about I would genuinely think he adopted some chinese baby or something

Edited by ilovebubu

Posted

there are multiple eps of this kind of show that is the exact same: intervention show, boy likes girl, girl likes Lolita fashion a little too much for the boy's liking, everyone in the audience is like asdfghjkl SHE'S DRESSED CHILDISHLY, and they must amend their relationship by having her give up her interests. 

like, wow, who'da thunk Lolita fashion is not the most subtle fashion choice in mainland China. 

while the girl in this ep is a little OTT (she demands to ride on the boy's shoulder in public as well as being a 'lifestyle Lolita') i feel like the age argument is kinda dumb. as long as they are respectful, just let the girl wear what she wants whatever her age. China can be so backwards in some attitudes sometimes.

same goes for Yumi, if she didn't insist on being such a trashy ita (what's an ita for hanfu?) not one would reasonably criticise her for being a 'lifestyle [whatever]'

oh definitely, i do agree that people can wear whatever they want and the judges were being a little harsh. (btw, im not sure why the video doesn't play here, but if you click on it, it should play from youtube)

but i meant that she was talking like a child with a higher pitched voice than usual, maintaining a pout to look "cuter", asking to ride on the bf's shoulders mainly just to attract attention, which is similar to what yumi has been doing. there's a difference between just being into lolita fashion and being a brat while using lolita fashion to justify their actions. so i was wondering if yumi was just inspired by people living like that and is following a trend...? but anyway lets move on

Posted

her boyfriend & her interactions are so akward, I can't help but cringe any time he says anything 

Posted (edited)

Can't remove this, my mouse slipped. Sorry. I also don't have enough of the thread read to actually supply any useful information, so I guess I just have to leave this up here.

Edited by Cats999

Posted

Not so relevant, but I found this funny lol.

55770061_2010688252573932_4219658854100631552_n.jpg

Posted

Not so relevant, but I found this funny lol.

55770061_2010688252573932_4219658854100631552_n.jpg

what the fuck? they all got baby fever?