• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Yumi King General Thread #2

929 posts in this topic

Posted

I was checking out if she uploaded something by searching her name and found this video... it's mostly a compilation of stuff  shared here and on lolcow but I was curious about the last point. Is that really her ex boyfriend? Because he dressed up as a nazi...

I knew that dressing like Nazi soldiers (Gestapo) was a trend in Asia. Here some explanation from Vice

Known widely as Nazi chic, it's different from the skinhead or punk swag you find in the West. The trend stretches beyond Korea—in China in was fashionable to dress up like Nazi officers in wedding photos, and a Hong Kong store once hung Nazi banners throughout their shop.

"In Asia, the swastika is a centuries-old symbol of peace and auspiciousness," explains Kidd, "and is often associated with religious beliefs; swastikas appear in many Asian temples, similar to the use of the cross in Christian churches. “

Posted

I don't think that's her in the last picture...

Posted (edited)

That girl isnt Yumi. Doesnt even look like her. I found more pics of that couple on a site  that had pictures of south Korea and other countries nazi fashion.

https://www.lazerhorse.org/2014/05/05/south-korea-nazi-fashion/#

the pictures are near the bottom where the Hiter themed wedding pics are.

Another site; https://www.pri.org/stories/2011-09-14/chinese-lovebirds-nazi-garb

Korean-Nazi-Chic-Fashion-Wedding-Photo-3.jpg

Edited by VioletRhapsody

Posted (edited)

As much as I don't like Yumi so much and I think she's still ignorant, searching a photo of a couple, one of them is wearing something Nazi, then call the girl "Yumi", is just dumb. Nice try, anyway.

Edited by Momo Kisaragi

Posted

Actually, the swastika is not the same as the symbol of manji which actually is a Buddhist temple mark. It doesn't mean peace. Kid in Asia don't even know about the swastika. They do know manji and manji is a popular slang in Japanese right now. It means "that's cool".   The swastika is reversed. 卍 <= is manji

Posted

regardless of what the swastika means in EA, they're not just using the symbols. they're dressed as actual nazis...tbh, that's kind of horrific. i hope this trend has completely died out, since that's immensely inconsiderate. 

i hate when people mix real facts with fiction, though. this video sort of discredits the real facts. I mean, are we sure that man isn't her ex (obviously the girl isn't her)--or, did the video creator just completely pull this out of their ass?

Posted

I think the video creator is trolling and just wants to get a rise out of Yumi. 

Posted (edited)

OLD VIDEO BUT I SAW HER THUMBNAIL AND I THOUGHT SHE BOUGHT CLOTHES FROM A NON-SCAM WEBSITE BC THE SKIRT IN THE THUMBNAIL WAS FROM ZARA...scam2.thumb.PNG.44b235bf5d7f6f81738909b0

okay...

scam.thumb.PNG.e95134e6f721abb2c93d72cb9

oh nvm it's youvimi

scam3.thumb.PNG.fb0e595b04d771d58343c58c

this is the real one btw

Edited by WordsIDK

Posted (edited)

Lol this is a random thought but everyone's like "If Uumi gets pregnant, please let it be a boy". I mean I'm feeling the same way but actually when you think about it...a girl could be great too! 
Because I hope she'd become a real BITCH so Uumi gets really frustrated with her, especially when she's a teenager. :harharplz:

Like, you know, one of these chicks that only want to wear brands, love glamour and get real excited over expensive shit.
I want her to be a real brat, let her develop HATE for anything kawaii, overly girly or frilly because she's exposed to that crap so freaking much - to an extent that it's only getting on her last nerves as soon as her mom only mentions anything in that direction.

...I can imagine her yelling at her mom constantly, complaining about all the piles of cheap plastic crap flying around all over the house, why her clothes are all so itchy (and so girly LOL) and why she never is allowed to own shoes that are more than 10$. 

Am I the only one who'd celebrate that LOL

This sounds like it would make for a really fun and twisted reality show or TLC series 

Edited by lavenderdrink

Posted

This sounds like it would make for a really fun and twisted reality show or TLC series 

She would probably blog about it like Bubz

Posted

Everything is messed up anyway. We already know she is taking donkey skin, talking about pregnancy porridge, a sneaky pregnant picture in a chinenese products review video...buying baby clothes...she is preparing to get it.

But I don't think that splenda is interested in letting her pregnant, he might as well add a contraceptive pill in "the vitamins routine" (ok just kidding that would be dangerous without prescription ). 

She is so desperate, I won't be surprised if  she is also stabbing all the condoms. But he is sneaky and knows his stuff. 

Pregnancy war. "Gib me the beibi gggierl already ,Scott!"

(sorry if it's too much)

Posted (edited)

Everytime I read here about Yumi being pregnant or having a baby, and all the theories about how it will be if it’s a boy or a girl or if Splenda will love the baby or not (love=taking care) I always think the same:

Yuhan wants a baby for the show. And it doesn’t matter what she will have (boy or girl) or how or when, she will use the situation for making herself more narcissist, making videos about it or posting on instagram or looking for new babies sponsons (doesn’t matter if it’s about how to dress your baby like a little  slut or the daughter of a Chinese dinasty) 

So the only what we will see if she gets pregnant is what we see now but extrem: more Yumi about Yumi 

Edited by GretchenFaust

Posted

Everytime I read here about Yumi being pregnant or having a baby, and all the theories about how it will be if it’s a boy or a girl or if Splenda will love the baby or not (love=taking care) I always think the same:

Yuhan wants a baby for the show. And it doesn’t matter what she will have (boy or girl) or how or when, she will use the situation for making herself more narcissist, making videos about it or posting on instagram or looking for new babies sponsons (doesn’t matter if it’s about how to dress your baby like a little  slut or the daughter of a Chinese dinasty) 

So the only what we will see if she gets pregnant is what we see now but extrem: more Yumi about Yumi 

Yeah I agree with you... she actually went to the same college as me Bellevue college when I was in Running Start in high school but I never saw her in person but I still watched her videos because I thought that was cool.

I do think she does vlogs and videos about her life, but maybe she would exploit her pregnancy and baby for the views? I just get that vibe, especially when she put it on her pattern that if you subscribed to the tier you would get pregnancy and videos about her future kids and stuff.

Posted

There are some really bitter people on the hapas Reddit so probably a boy or a girl would grow up to resent Yumi. However, a boy would be safer. Splenda and Yumi wouldn’t restrict their diet the way they would a girl’s. I fear they’d be subjected to some creepy attention like how Yumi’s stepdad was around in her videos.