• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Yumi King General Thread #2

939 posts in this topic

Posted

Yumi King (aka Corn King) is a 26-year-old kawaii Hanfu lolita cosplayer obsessed YouTuber who has more than 500,000 subscribers. She's stopped making sewing videos and is now trying to be a beauty/lifestyle guru. In a recent video she announced that she has a new channel open dedicated to her food video.

QUU0cHdY.thumb.jpg.24f56b6bea63d83abffa9 
Yumi and her boyfriend doing PPAP (nicknamed Splenda)

She attempts to act cute by talking in broken English even though she is fluent and asks really stupid questions like, "What is dentist?" or "What is claws?". Some have spectulated that she is in a ddlg relationship with her boyfriend who is obviously older than her. In her boyfriend videos, she is seen wearing a cat collar.

Her videos have become really pointless and half-assed. When called out, she denies everything and plays the victim until her 12-year-old fan base comes and protects her. 

Links:

Note from Mushroom: Yes I know there's another thread but that thread is overflowing and has over 500 posts. So this will be the back up if the older thread gets locked. :3

Posted (edited)

Oh thank god, mods pls lock the old one so we can start fresh here. :alpacaconfused: its a clusterfuck.

Edited by ZAGGY

Posted

I want to see the first thread get to 10k replies xD

Posted

Oh thank god, mods pls lock the old one so we can start fresh here. :alpacaconfused: its a clusterfuck.

You should tag them or something.

Posted

this reminds me...

what's the point of dating an older more "mature" guy if yumi won't and can't learn anything from him? jesus christ why isn't splenda explaining to her that she needs to get over the "hate" she's getting. 

Posted (edited)

this reminds me...

what's the point of dating an older more "mature" guy if yumi won't and can't learn anything from him? jesus christ why isn't splenda explaining to her that she needs to get over the "hate" she's getting. 

She will probably throw a tantrum if he does that, judging from how easily triggered she is by any kind of negative feedback. She needs to be flooded with compliments out of politeness 24/7.

Edited by Matcha

Posted

where is her new celebratory banner #snowcornking?

Posted

You should tag them or something.

I lose my shit everytime I see your profile pic, what the heck did yumi think when she decided to put that in her video :darth:

Posted

Yumi is deleting her FB in 14 days?? Anyone been archiving everything? I seriously feel like she is trying to delete some saucy things that she has posted in the past, photos, statuses. Otherwise I can't imagine how is it hard to update your Instagram/fb etc. it's not that time consuming. 

Posted

Yumi is deleting her FB in 14 days?? Anyone been archiving everything? I seriously feel like she is trying to delete some saucy things that she has posted in the past, photos, statuses. Otherwise I can't imagine how is it hard to update your Instagram/fb etc. it's not that time consuming. 

Well, there really is nothing special.

111.thumb.JPG.9a9a036b23f25ad5bfbd1a00ad222.thumb.JPG.b24632168a57220b2393ca144523.thumb.JPG.c2e7daddf6f8006e670c63269163333.thumb.JPG.924576d0ff9fed4a2d16a4d90

Posted

I found this on her old exploretalent..

IMG_2715.thumb.JPG.63493656ad4d88dbed687

IMG_2716.thumb.PNG.1553b34ba05ac1d03dbb8

whats with the blurring tool? its overdone, gosh. lmao at the nose.

Posted

I wanted to make a responce to a post (maybe in one of the subforums or the OG locked "Yumi King" thread) about how there should be a summary for each subforum. The post said something along the lines of "there was so talk about making sumarries covering general topics but it was a long time ago and never happened."

About 100-or-so pages ago I mentioned making several detailed summaries/analyses on Yumi. I'd first like to say I am so sorry it never happened. 

OP did not deliver, here is why;

-I started going through all 350 pages (at the time) of Yumi King's "little snowflakes" thread. I wanted quotes and statistics of the topics discussed in her thread; i.e: how many posts about Splenda, her videos, photoshop, hypocrisy, etc. All the information was going towards the analyses. 

-Not to pull-a-Yumi but around that time I also started working 7 days/week, 51 hours, when I got two jobs, so I took a break from re-reading the PULL posts. It was a bit daunting and overwhelming when the thread started breaching 400 pages. 

-I got buried in posts once the thread started gaining 2-4 pages every day. It was crazy because Yumi posts videos daily, and thus, 2-4 pages of PULL added.

-My first "passion project" was centered around Yumi's voice. I've never seen anyone in Yumi's thread add audio files as a type of media similar to pictures and gifs along with their post but I am working on a way to include them. 

I want you to be able to listen to examples as you read the posts. Ideally, I would download mp3. files of her videos and cut and paste certain sections together so each audio file will correspond to the subtopics in the essay. 

A "Chipmunk voice" audio clip will preface the paragraph talking about her tendency to speedup her voice to sound cuter, for example. 

I also want to make a compilation of every time Yumi says "Hanfu" or "China" for the post about her obsession with her ethnic background (inspired by a compilation of Donald Trump saying "China."

Although it's been a while since I worked on the analyses, her ASMR videos sparked my passion to continue. I know it will take a while to finish, but I have several research posts I want to write and I'm finding time to do them. 

This update is to let you know that they are coming in the distant future, and let you know that I didn't forget about them. 

Here are some research posts that I plan on writing about;

Voice (ASMR, pitch editing, speed-ups, etc.)

Splenda (PULL's initial opinion, possible fetishes, etc.)

Online Image & Marketing (Responses to PULL, White Knights, photoshopping, Innocence, Facade, etc.)

Ethnicity (Desperately pushing her Chinese culture to avoid being a "weaboo," etc.)

Video History (Youtube Statistics, Types of videos published, etc.)

PULL History (Statistics of PULL posts, Constructive Criticism, memes, etc.)

Sewing & Fashion (Lolita Replicas, Ita, Cosplay, etc.)

If there are any more minor topics you want me to analyze, private message me about what they are and I'll add it to the most fitting research post.

I wrote the update on my phone notes and copied it on PULL mobile, so unfortunately I can't make the text uniform in size. Hope it's not a bother. 

Posted

Well, there really is nothing special.

3333.thumb.JPG.924576d0ff9fed4a2d16a4d90

there should be more than that... after all, her fb was the place where some of us found the cringe photo of her wearing "Lolita" clothes to dance class. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.