• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Oshare Girl

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone watch Oshare Girl? She is based in Yokohama I think. She vlogs and does fashion and make-up videos. 

I think her fashion is quite basic, but she is generally inoffensive, so far. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF2bjfuKvARKG7IZhq0J6LA

Posted

I watch her sometimes. I'm just not sure if I find her really interesting :-)

Posted

I watch her sometimes. I'm just not sure if I find her really interesting :-)

I would like to change my words into: I love her content. I previously said that I'm not sure if I find her interesting enough, but after watching her content regularly now, I really have to say that she makes good and interesting videos, also her vlogs are nice, and I appreciate her chilled and calm yet friendly personality!

Posted

believe it or not, i discovered her by watching phoenyx 787's hanami video last year! shes a very sweet girl, for sure certainly not one of those cookie cutter girl jvloggers -- she got the looks AND can make a great video!

Posted

i've been watching her videos over the past few days and i've really been enjoying her stuff. pleasantly laid back, and no drama or trying to put on a fake persona. she's just a chill woman living in japan. like... that's really it. 

Posted

I like that she's really into her youtube and takes it seriously (you can tell by her instagram lol girl is reallyyyyy tryin', but I can respect that), but she hasn't reached the annoying level of "omg I dont have to cater to YOU. I post what I want" attitude that you get from Sharla & friends. And I feel like she's genuinely a nice person who isn't obsessed with keeping up this ~i'm just a perfect skinned permanent teenager who can do no wrong~ like a certain somebody we here at PULL all love ;) And she doesn't use her other jvlogging friends for views, which is refreshing.

I kind of wish she would ditch the orange blush though, but thats just me knitpicking

Posted (edited)

I can see this is an old thread made before the New Topic thread.  The front page needs work.  If someone wants to clean it up and post it in New Topic thread, I can approve that and merge these later.  

Edited by All Over The World

Posted

one of my favorite vloggers tbh she seems really sweet and tries to interact with fans and isnt rude abt it heheh

Posted

one of my favorite vloggers tbh she seems really sweet and tries to interact with fans and isnt rude abt it heheh

Same.

I like Osharegirl. She hasn't done anything crazy (yet?) and she doesn't seem to be in it for the attention. 
The only things I could maybe complain about are how she sometimes talks, seems to be kind of valley-girl or "typical white girl," and tbh I'm not a fan of her friends...maybe maybe I'm over cynical, idk.

But she makes good and interesting videos about Japan. It seems like she travels a lot and even when she makes vlogs about shopping/cafés/Tokyo, they're still interesting to watch.

Posted

I really like that her friendships with Taylor B, Kemushi, Sam in Tokyo, and Adriana and Sarah are so genuine and refreshing. I really enjoy her videos, and I hope she gets a decent amount of subscribers because she's working hard, her quality is pretty good.

I love that she's a bit "white girl" because it's a lot more relateable than the old J-Vloggers. No obsessive Pokemon Cafe, Harajuku, Shibuya (rinse/repeat every 3 months). No friendships for views. No pretending about her Japanese ability.

Posted

I love her vlogs, I like seeing what she cooks, it’s all just really relaxing! 

Im surprised she gets so few views, she deserves more attention imo. :alpacaheadshake: but people tend to go for drama and sensationalism, and her content is more down to earth. 

Posted

Dead thread but I have to say it because I've been looking at a lot of people's twitter interactions with osharegirl...Does she actually manage her own stuff? Like, does she edit her own videos, deal with her own YouTube page, and handle her own social media? It doesn't seem that way, based on how she's been on twitter as of late...she's been asking rather simple questions (even non-youtubers like myself) would know, and the responses from some of her YouTube friends would baffle her even more...something seems weird about her. 

Posted (edited)

I think she just really wants to be a famous youtube jvlogger. Which is fine, ambition is great. I love her vlogs because she has her own thing going and it's great. But it seems like she thinks she has to push for engagement in that shitty, totally disingenuous youtuber way. Forced engagement and calls to action have nothing to do with why people like vloggers, though, and it frustrates me that she doesn't seem to get that. There'll be these moments in her vlogs where she'll say something interesting, then visibly catch herself, and then say "do YOU feel that way? Have YOU ever seen anything like that? Leave a comment down below and let me know." I still stan her, but it's a bit frustrating.

Edited by alpal

Posted

I have noticed on Twitter that she is quite clueless about YouTube and is quite rude in her responses to people.  I am not sure why that is though

Posted

oh yikes, she just dropped some dumb comment that really rubbed me the wrong way. like... the fact that she thinks clickbait is actually like a wholesome and interesting way to pick up interest is REALLY FRUSTRATING. like... girl... that's stupid. nobody's sitting on their computer googling JAPANESE HUSBAND IM SO THIRSTY FOR A JAPANESE HUSBAND. i can't be the only one that does their best to skip or avoid those cringey click-baity things entirely. she seems so clueless. so... yikes.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.38.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.38.48 PM.png