• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King Videos

10700 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Idk, I feel like it could go either way. I'm still debating on if she's really insidious and manipulative or if she's really just like that.

I wouldn't hang out with someone who never grew out of their cringey 6th grade weeb phase, but it might just be an online persona. 

lol. So accurate. She really is like a 6th grader who just found anime and wants to make their own cosplays. I feel like she is partially that dumb. She has book smarts and does decently at school with help and hard work, but she's lacking in both social skills and common sense. This combined with her purposeful bad English and childish mannerisms makes her seem a bit off. I think there might be some mental illness as well. 

I can't watch her apology video on hooktube. Someone's paranoid. As others have said, old spice is responsible for his cat. Cats are like kids. They're their owners responsibility, and pet owners should learn to say no when people like yumi want to do stuff with their pets. Personally I tell everyone my cat bites and that makes 90% of people stay away from him, but there's always that one person who insists on petting him. :alpacadone:

In order not to double post I'm just going to edit my previous post. I watched her  con video, and I hope you guys aren't tired of my video summaries because here's another one. The video was blocked on hooktube so I watched it incognito so yt wouldn't recommend her vids so there's a play button on the middle of every screen shot. Sorry! I'm on mobile so I can't spoiler so this is going to be long. The video isn't in chronological order. It starts with her sitting at home talking about the con. 

IMG_20190127_3.thumb.jpg.dc20d737478bbe6This is her outfit on the 2nd day. She says she likes it better than yesterday's outfit because she looks better with black hair. Splenda says she's always beautiful. Omg those eyebrows. You can see where she shaves them. And that little bang braid thing has me dying. 

IMG_20190127_4.thumb.jpg.efcf407e9f49bc5

This is her 1st day outfit. I think this hairstyle flatters her face more. She doesn't look like the moon emoji. From a distance the coord looks okay. She didn't show any close up shots of the outfit. I think seeing nice looking lolitas in China might have helped her figure out her coords are awful.

She had both her lolita and hanfu wardrobes there both days. I thought from her previous video she'd do one one day and the other the next day. PEOPLE ACTUALLY TRIED ON THE CLOTHES, YOU GUYS. AND THE WIGS!!!! I only skipped around the video so I only saw 2 people trying her stuff on. Idk if there were more, but I feel like if it was popular she would brag about it so I'm thinking they were the only ones. I added captions to some pics because her captions were covered up by the bar on the bottom of the video. They say the same thing. I hope it's okay to leave people's faces. Yumi didn't edit them out in her video. That typo...

IMG_20190127_5.thumb.jpg.3758f272720273f

The first half of the video shows people coming to get booth to talk to her and her walking around with splenda talking to some of the artists who also have booths. They were good to include the names of the artists. Splenda makes fun of yumi for not knowing about doctor who and keeps calling her sweetie. 

IMG_20190127_2.thumb.jpg.e10f5b6764e2921A small child is better at sewing than yumi. Surprise surprise. 

She talks about the cosplay contest and shows clips of people walking across the stage. She says nothing about being a judge or having anything to do with the contest. The contest looked very small with some people in very simple costumes with very little sewing and some in very elaborate cosplays. There were lots of kids as well. I'm thinking it might not have been a real craftsmanship contest. Idk though. After the contest all participants gather on stage, including yumi. She pulls the little girl from earlier to sit next to her. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-36-22.thumb.pngShe shows several fans being excited to meet her, but most people don't seem to know who she is. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-37-28.thumb.pngDriving home they pass a cotton field. Splenda isn't sure what it is and yumi wants to know so splenda tresspasses while yumi is flipping out saying it's like a horror movie. He confirms it's raw cotton. Dude, you live in Atlanta. Like you haven't seen cotton before. A commenter mentions they could have gotten shot for tresspassing on a farm. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-40-31.thumb.pngDo their videos have to end like this. They talk about the airbnb they stayed at. They had roommates who left early. ROOMATES!?!? Tell me more. Are they friends? Unlucky strangers? What? I want to know. 

Edited by contrarycanary
added stuff

Posted

lol. So accurate. She really is like a 6th grader who just found anime and wants to make their own cosplays. I feel like she is partially that dumb. She has book smarts and does decently at school with help and hard work, but she's lacking in both social skills and common sense. This combined with her purposeful bad English and childish mannerisms makes her seem a bit off. I think there might be some mental illness as well. 

I can't watch her apology video on hooktube. Someone's paranoid. As others have said, old spice is responsible for his cat. Cats are like kids. They're their owners responsibility, and pet owners should learn to say no when people like yumi want to do stuff with their pets. Personally I tell everyone my cat bites and that makes 90% of people stay away from him, but there's always that one person who insists on petting him. :alpacadone:

In order not to double post I'm just going to edit my previous post. I watched her  con video, and I hope you guys aren't tired of my video summaries because here's another one. The video was blocked on hooktube so I watched it incognito so yt wouldn't recommend her vids so there's a play button on the middle of every screen shot. Sorry! I'm on mobile so I can't spoiler so this is going to be long. The video isn't in chronological order. It starts with her sitting at home talking about the con. 

IMG_20190127_3.thumb.jpg.dc20d737478bbe6This is her outfit on the 2nd day. She says she likes it better than yesterday's outfit because she looks better with black hair. Splenda says she's always beautiful. Omg those eyebrows. You can see where she shaves them. And that little bang braid thing has me dying. 

IMG_20190127_4.thumb.jpg.efcf407e9f49bc5

This is her 1st day outfit. I think this hairstyle flatters her face more. She doesn't look like the moon emoji. From a distance the coord looks okay. She didn't show any close up shots of the outfit. I think seeing nice looking lolitas in China might have helped her figure out her coords are awful.

She had both her lolita and hanfu wardrobes there both days. I thought from her previous video she'd do one one day and the other the next day. PEOPLE ACTUALLY TRIED ON THE CLOTHES, YOU GUYS. AND THE WIGS!!!! I only skipped around the video so I only saw 2 people trying her stuff on. Idk if there were more, but I feel like if it was popular she would brag about it so I'm thinking they were the only ones. I added captions to some pics because her captions were covered up by the bar on the bottom of the video. They say the same thing. I hope it's okay to leave people's faces. Yumi didn't edit them out in her video. That typo...

IMG_20190127_5.thumb.jpg.3758f272720273f

The first half of the video shows people coming to get booth to talk to her and her walking around with splenda talking to some of the artists who also have booths. They were good to include the names of the artists. Splenda makes fun of yumi for not knowing about doctor who and keeps calling her sweetie. 

IMG_20190127_2.thumb.jpg.e10f5b6764e2921A small child is better at sewing than yumi. Surprise surprise. 

She talks about the cosplay contest and shows clips of people walking across the stage. She says nothing about being a judge or having anything to do with the contest. The contest looked very small with some people in very simple costumes with very little sewing and some in very elaborate cosplays. There were lots of kids as well. I'm thinking it might not have been a real craftsmanship contest. Idk though. After the contest all participants gather on stage, including yumi. She pulls the little girl from earlier to sit next to her. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-36-22.thumb.pngShe shows several fans being excited to meet her, but most people don't seem to know who she is. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-37-28.thumb.pngDriving home they pass a cotton field. Splenda isn't sure what it is and yumi wants to know so splenda tresspasses while yumi is flipping out saying it's like a horror movie. He confirms it's raw cotton. Dude, you live in Atlanta. Like you haven't seen cotton before. A commenter mentions they could have gotten shot for tresspassing on a farm. 

Screenshot_2019-01-27-20-40-31.thumb.pngDo their videos have to end like this. They talk about the airbnb they stayed at. They had roommates who left early. ROOMATES!?!? Tell me more. Are they friends? Unlucky strangers? What? I want to know. 

...you think cat man was a roomate??? 👀👀👀👀

Posted

5c4e917f54726_Screenshot_2019-01-27_A_We

they both look so sad:harharplz: cant hide the micro-expressions yumi

Posted

...you think cat man was a roomate??? 👀👀👀👀

It's possible but I don't think so. Splenda said the roommates' names near the end: Chris, Miracle and Alex. I'm pretty sure he said Miracle. The yt automatic subs said Miracle. I guess that can be a name. He also said Nathan invited them. Whether he meant Nathan is the person who invited yumi to be a guest at the con or the person who invited them to stay at an airbnb idk. If anyone's interested he says this stuff in the last five minutes or so of the video. They also show what the airbnb looked like at the beginning. While re watching to catch the names I noticed at the beginning while splenda is filming the two of them at the airbnb getting ready to leave for the con yumi can't stop looking at herself in the view finder. Lol. Splenda's talking and she stops paying attention to look at herself and then does a little dance thing. Please someone gif this. 

Posted

. A commenter mentions they could have gotten shot for tresspassing on a farm. 

Yeah that was me.  I live in the Carolinas and yeah, the people where I live would have definitely shot them.

Posted

Yeah that was me.  I live in the Carolinas and yeah, the people where I live would have definitely shot them.

That certainly would have made it a different video. Imagine am old farmer carrying a shotgun and yelling "get off my property!" while chasing splenda off the farm. All the while yumi is screaming like a banshee. When splenda gets back in the car all she can talk about is how brave he is. What I'd like to know is how does splenda not know what cotton looks like? I'm also from the south and I pass cotton fields regularly while traveling. I thought splenda grew up in/near Atlanta. Didn't yumi say the dentist he took her to was his childhood dentist? He should know what cotton looks like. He should also know that tresspassing is illegal. Googling cotton bales would have been faster and easier and not illegal. He def risked getting a gun pointed at him though, if not actually getting shot at. 

Posted

You know, despite all the criticism, I have to say: In a weird twisted way it seems that Yumi is trying to shape her content and channel (hanfu, China, conventions, married life etc.) She is just not very good at it. Also the thing she lacks most is: She definitely needs to work on her online persona. When you think Yumi King you think cheap, taobao, tacky, married to old dude, walking ad for tacky stuf (she did however get rid of the ddlg image, I think). She definitely needs to work on how she presents herself and what you associate with her.

Posted

You know, despite all the criticism, I have to say: In a weird twisted way it seems that Yumi is trying to shape her content and channel (hanfu, China, conventions, married life etc.) She is just not very good at it. Also the thing she lacks most is: She definitely needs to work on her online persona. When you think Yumi King you think cheap, taobao, tacky, married to old dude, walking ad for tacky stuf (she did however get rid of the ddlg image, I think). She definitely needs to work on how she presents herself and what you associate with her.

Well, back when she did sewing/DIY videos I thought of her as being the weeb that sewed weird looking clothes so this is a step up. Kinda.

Posted

That certainly would have made it a different video. Imagine am old farmer carrying a shotgun and yelling "get off my property!" while chasing splenda off the farm. All the while yumi is screaming like a banshee. When splenda gets back in the car all she can talk about is how brave he is. What I'd like to know is how does splenda not know what cotton looks like? I'm also from the south and I pass cotton fields regularly while traveling. I thought splenda grew up in/near Atlanta. Didn't yumi say the dentist he took her to was his childhood dentist? He should know what cotton looks like. He should also know that tresspassing is illegal. Googling cotton bales would have been faster and easier and not illegal. He def risked getting a gun pointed at him though, if not actually getting shot at. 

I grew up in Atlanta.  Atlanta is a city and there aren't farms there.  I never saw cotton farms until I moved to North Carolina when I was 30.  You have to drive several miles outside the city of Atlanta to get to farms. 

Posted

E7A7700F-741A-4F29-B218-C67787293D29.jpeg

this is so romantic

Posted

And it says the next video is facts we didn't know about pregnancy.  So now here comes all the pregnancy videos.