• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King Videos

10849 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Screen_Shot_2018-12-11_at_6.17.40_PM.thu

Yeah okay... keep telling yourself that's the reason why people are staring at you ¬¬

"Also, what are period dramas?"

Edited by Sugi

Posted

Check the description of the vid lmao is she lowkey roasting the other girls' hanfu?

Posted

Check the description of the vid lmao is she lowkey roasting the other girls' hanfu?

Disclaimer: Maybe the hanfus of some girls wearing in this video are not made with exactly correct hanfu pattern. The main point is that more and more people are getting to learn about the beautiful forgotten traditional clothes and they're happy to wear it. Please give them likes. ^^ Please share and like the video ^^ Note: Most chinese females will not like when people call them "women", which indicates they look old. In chinese, people call females: nvsheng(girl, it doesn't mean childern), (xiao jiejie)little big sister, meinv(beautiful girl) The music in the beginning of the video was played by a girl who works as professional promoter for revitalization of hanfu , makeup artist for hanfu and a Guzheng teacher. I'll introduce her in the future video.

i'm rolling my eyes. is this why she doesn't have friends?

Posted

Disclaimer: Maybe the hanfus of some girls wearing in this video are not made with exactly correct hanfu pattern. The main point is that more and more people are getting to learn about the beautiful forgotten traditional clothes and they're happy to wear it. Please give them likes. ^^ Please share and like the video ^^ Note: Most chinese females will not like when people call them "women", which indicates they look old. In chinese, people call females: nvsheng(girl, it doesn't mean childern), (xiao jiejie)little big sister, meinv(beautiful girl) The music in the beginning of the video was played by a girl who works as professional promoter for revitalization of hanfu , makeup artist for hanfu and a Guzheng teacher. I'll introduce her in the future video.

i'm rolling my eyes. is this why she doesn't have friends?

she says this yet she wears $20 cheap taobao hanfu that is in no way authentic. How can she even say that about the girls in her video. Superiority complex much?

Posted

She's just jealous that the look better than her haha. They are clearly more serious about chinese traditional than Yumi, who cant even break her cheapness for the hobby she claims be an expert in.

Most of the girls in the video look like they dont want to be around her but want to be polite anyways

Posted

I dont get this whole obsession with hanfu she has and acts like nobody wore or saw hanfu in the past 100 years or so and is making its comeback. Like all these people wearing hanfu in public is because they are tourists or to take pictures, not as daily wear but rather special occasions or for a show? Pretty sure it has always been like this, no?

Posted (edited)

tumblr_p38awpjjed1tkodheo2_250.gif

The thumbnail gives me shining vibes

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

^ omg yes. While I was skimming through the video she kept showing a picture of herself while these two girls were dancing. Like shes so freaking conceited and thinks the word revolves around her. I'm sorry yumi but you're not all that. So far all the girls from China I've seen in your videos are much more prettier and elegant than you. 

Edited by Clouded Moon

Posted

I feel so bad for those girls, having to deal with her for however long the filming of this video took.

Posted

at 1:40 in the video when the two girls in the red outfits are dancing yumi inserts a picture of herself in a not very similar red hanfu. Like wow. Jealous much? Just in case someone thought those girls were prettier than her,  she needs to show a picture of herself to prove she's the prettiest hanfu princess of the bunch, which didn't work. Those girls are better hanfu princesses than you, yumi. And that description. It's like she thinks she's a hanfu goddess and no other girl can compare to her. I can't think of a nice way to say it but she needs a reality check. She's wearing cheap $20 polyester replicas of actual hanfu, and somehow she thinks she's more historically accurate than these girls. I'm sure at least 90% of the people there were wearing better quality and more historically accurate clothing than her. Also, I bet yumi thinks that she looks as elegant and graceful as those girls when she dances. She needs to be taking tips from them, not the other way around. Please refer to the gif thread if you need examples of her elegant dancing. 

Honestly, wtf. She just covered up the one girl in the middle of the dance randomly? That's so rude...

201812141.jpg

Posted

Posted (edited)

tl;dw will put in spoiler when I get to a PC. cats made this a bearable watch but a lot of the shots focused on Yumi too much

-Montage of cats which healed my soul a bit except for the times she had to talk

-Yumi looks extra greasy, her outfit looks so tacky... like a fetish-y cosplay to be honest

-"We need wash hands"

-Ordering food with Splenda

-"Actually, I want to eat with cats. I want to eat with cats."

-Yumi and Splenda discuss cats' popularity as household pets

-"The cats here won't attack you"

-Yumi tastes the foam off her coffee (?!?!?!) 

-"It's sugar!" (yeah no shit)

-Splenda likens Yumi to the cats, calls her aimless

-Yumi has her ego stroked, a fan recognizes her. She seemed impersonable towards the fan (also lol at "I'm surprised at how many people in China recognize me" weird flex but ok)

-"That girl did recognize you" says Splenda, referring to another girl who was probably just taking pictures of the cats and not Yumi

-"Those cat not afraid of human"

-Around the 6 minute mark the music is starting to drive me insane

-Part on the deco in the cat cafe

-Talking about the shop in general like how long its been around and how its busy on the weekends etc.

-She likes the princess themed room, said the cats have a better living room than she does and she wishes that she had a room like that (a joke buy still gives some pause)

-"These cats are living in a better place than me!" she's drilling in the joke a bit too hard. like, really, it gets a bit uncomfortable

-7 dollars for a fancy small cake isn't expensive, Yumi

-lol Splenda

Not once does she mention the cafe's name unless I missed it? Unless the name is just "Cat Cafe". Also when she talks extensively it's clear she's trying way too hard to mask her proficiency in English

Edited by hind
forgot st

Posted

Yumi needs a hair stylist ASAP, her hair looks terrible in this video and those bangs make it look like she's balding...

1.thumb.PNG.0248a889dcf646ca3014b221fb492.thumb.PNG.bb7519665b473bd29a8dacb0769a

Also I hope she never gets a cat, at least these ones only had to bear with her for a little while.