• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King Videos

10700 posts in this topic

Posted

She's pregnant?

I always thought she'd be so public about her pregnancy possibly put out a positive pregnancy test in IG or make a video? She's going to post videos about her kid, maybe she might do the same for her pregnancy, and gender reveal.

Posted

Can some explain this for me?

IMG_8118.PNG

In context, she's just tapping her tummy cuz "woah, eating that pig... liver... was so much hard work." or something.

Definitely not pregnant. you'll hear it first on her Instagram.

Posted

Yumi King Video Summary #58: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrdR3WE25SI "Eating Pig Liver Tomato Soup Sounds with Whisper | 猪肝西红柿汤" 

Hello everyone! It's sure been a HOT  minute since I last posted a video summary....sorry about that!! :alpacaworry:

Alright, so this is the first time I've covered a video on Yumi's new channel, which is supposedly an "ASMR" food channel. Obviously, this claim is absolutely ridiculous, and she did change the title of her latest video, removing "ASMR" from the title. 

That doesn't change anything tbh...? She's already claimed that this channel is ASMR-related in the past:
epl.thumb.png.9f8f1fe6fa70543f4a03d843aa
So, if she's now claiming that her videos aren't ASMR, then what the heck is "eating sounds with whispers" supposed to mean? What's the point?

Let's jump into this video...

*whispered* "This..iz..a....big..liver."

toadfo.thumb.gif.7ff3cc9b05d9b5cce771717

NO WAY. WTF is she doing!? This is terrifying!! I'm pretty neutral when it comes to ASMR, and I've seen it done correctly, but it's never made me feel like I'm about to piss my pants in fear. This is not ASMR, this is HELL. 

*whispered* "Big..liver....Tomato...soup."

This is just so...so awkward. Especially since all of this is happening with just her mouth and the food on the screen.

Next, she then begins to slurp the soup. I think that in Asia, slurping your food isn't considered impolite like it is in America....? Don't quote me on that though, because I have no idea if that's correct or not (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). What I'm most bothered by isn't the slurping, but her exaggerated breathy "ah" sounds in between her slurps. I get that she's trying to make "more" eating sounds to make it seem more "ASMR-y", but it's just so unnatural, and makes her seem impolite at the table more than anything....

schlurp.thumb.gif.3e0ee02a2fec9d7db0baa3

Oh!! I know exactly what she sounds like!! TRYING TO EAT WITH YOUR NOSE STUFFED UP FROM A SINUS INFECTION. I reaallllyy don't think that's the sound you should shoot for when trying to make an "ASMR" video....

She continues to repeat "This...is...a...big..liver" a few more times, which is a tactic I've seen in ASMR videos, and just continues to eat and slurp the soup. Y'know, I'm really not bothered by the sound of people eating as long as it isn't straight up smacking, but I feel like Yumi's videos are going to make me start hating the sound of people eating. As mentioned before, the equipment she is using just isn't adequate for ASMR, so all of the "eating sounds" just sound like a breathy, muffled, slurpy mess. 

The video concludes with a "Thanks for Watching" on the screen and a repeat of the "This..is..a....big..liver" audio from the beginning of the video. Thank the Lord that this video is over and that I never have to watch it again....:alpacadone:

As always, thank ya'll so much for reading my summaries!! A super duper big thank you for your patience this time--I know it's been a long time since I last released a video summary. Hopefully, summaries will be more frequent, but probably not for every video she makes---there's just a new video practically every day and it's so so hard to keep up with...sorry about that. :alpacaworry: 

Right now, I'm working on gathering all of my summaries together in one post (it's just a bunch of copying and pasting links, but the hard part is getting all of my very first video summaries together since I didn't title those ones like I do now!!). That should be up in the next few days. Thank ya'll so much for reading, and have a good day! :alpacacrush:

IDK about China, but I remember reading online that it's considered respectful to a ramen chef if you slurp the soup and noodles.

It's not polite in Korea though. At least, not in my family.

Posted

IDK about China, but I remember reading online that it's considered respectful to a ramen chef if you slurp the soup and noodles.

It's not polite in Korea though. At least, not in my family.

That's a myth.

Posted

I'm from south east Asia and from what I see, no one really cares about slurping sounds as long as it's not too obvious or loud. I think it's inevitable to not slurp when drinking soup or eating noodles. But hitting the spoon against the bowl is bad eating etiquette. My grandma used to nag me for constantly hitting it when I was younger eventhough I didn't do it on purpose. 

Posted

God I haven't even watched the video and I feel nauseated just reading what everyone has to say about it. Please, god, Yumi, please. Stop. You're already not as cute as you think you are, this kinda ruined what cuteness you do have (Cause Yumi could be cute if she took better care of her skin and fixed her hair, but i can't judge because i fucked up my bangs recently, and mine are babybangs/bettiebangs/whateveryouwannacallembangarangs so i can't really trim them down anymore to straighten them for a week or two ;___; 

but god. Seriously. I can't express enough how physically ill just seeing these thumbnails has made me. Yumi please just DIY even if you only do shitty edits on clothes from cheap online stores.  It's the only thing you do that doesn't make me scream in agony. 

Posted

In China you should NOT slurp your soup, but a lot of people who come from rural villages dont know that its rude to eat loudly and eat with their mouth open. These are the people who also push their way in lines, spit and throw trash on the ground usually too.  

Also wanted to add that some people on lolcow have been speculating shes pregnant. Im kind of inclined to believe them since she has this weird habit of mentioning pregnancy at odd moments.  

Posted

When I first read the title I thought for a second she meant she made a video making pig sounds. Then I clicked it and... lasted just until her first "ahhh~". I've watched some ASMR and this doesn't feel anything like it, she's just so lazy she can't even cash into one single trend properly.

Posted

Also wanted to add that some people on lolcow have been speculating shes pregnant. Im kind of inclined to believe them since she has this weird habit of mentioning pregnancy at odd moments.  

Spare us the thought of Yumi procreating. Or like, the thought of her having a child... because wow that's gonna grow up to be one messed up kid. Like, think a Venus Angelic 2.0 in a sense, overbearing mother who wants her child to fit a tiny mold of perfection that's gonna leave the kid with long lasting issues. Or you know, a child who ends up parenting the mother, which will totally create issues.

But who knows. Yumi could turn out to be the best mum ever, and like, actually raise a healthy child who's not a brat. But that's unlikely

Posted

I always thought she'd be so public about her pregnancy possibly put out a positive pregnancy test in IG or make a video? She's going to post videos about her kid, maybe she might do the same for her pregnancy, and gender reveal.

In context, she's just tapping her tummy cuz "woah, eating that pig... liver... was so much hard work." or something.

Definitely not pregnant. you'll hear it first on her Instagram.

Oh, I was joking about the pregnant thing, I knew it was a content "phew, I ate it all, yum yum"

But imagine if she was lol, maybe she will wait until the third month at least, cause I heard somewhere it's not wise to mention it before a certain time period cause of possible complications or false pregnancy and such.

Posted

Just wondering, idk if yumi's mom or parents are traditional, but I think in most Asian culture (like my culture) if a woman gets pregnant,  the parents usually forces her to get marry with the guy she got pregnant with because they don't want to lose face or something. And seeing as in one of yumi's video she mentioned about being traditional. So wouldn't she want to get married first and then get pregnant? Or like if she is pregnant, she would keep it a secret. Get married and announce her pregnancy a week after or something lol xD but that's just my thoughts.

Posted

Watching her food videos makes me go through the 4 stages of grief (I haven't reached the 5th stage yet: acceptance).

Posted (edited)

It makes me sad that she disabled the comments on her yummy king channel. It would've been entertaining to read. :ph34r:

Also that pig liver thumbnail is unfortunate looking.

Edited by ZAGGY

Posted

Sounds good! I'll probably get started on that tomorrow! :alpacaheadshake:

On second thought opening a new thread would be better, since it'll just get lost in here as new discussions stack up. And maybe add a rule to not make any new replies to that thread, only for you and others to archive new summaries to make it easier for people to find information.