• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Yumi King Videos

10693 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looks like she removed the "ASMR" part of the title.

This video hits a whole other level of low for me. First of all, the absolutely shit quality of audio. How does she expect to make videos of "ASMR" or "eating sounds"? She needs to stop following trends, cause clearly, her voice isn't suited to making ASMR videos. That disturbing whispering... Dear lord, please cleanse my soul for witnessing it. And again, her lack of table manners is very worrying for a 26 year old woman who is considering having a child. If she can't even get her own table manners/eating etiquette right, what is her child gonna be like? Her child is going to grow up as disgraceful and disrespectful of others as her?

I'm Chinese too. I know how important table manners and eating etiquette is in our culture. It's absolutely disrespectful to everyone at the table if you eat the way that she does, especially so if there are elders there. It's such a wonder why she's so into promoting our culture, yet cannot get the basics right.

Is Yumi treating her youtube channels as a joke? Is it just a dumping ground for rushed videos for the quick cash? The cheap hauls, the downright horrible eating videos, the disabling of comments... Why doesn't she see that her content needs to be improved on? Is she so blind? I just don't get it. 

Edited by liliko
typo

Posted

I listened to the video because I don't love myself.

Why did she post this?! The video honestly sounds disgusting, like she's taking a shit. Her whispering "peeeeeeeeg leeeeeeevuuuuur" just made it worse.

Posted (edited)

Has she NEVER seen any actual eating ASMR videos? (I'm personally not a fan of those, hate eating sounds, but I've at least seen some and know what they're supposed to be like) 

Does she not know you need proper mics to make these videos? And why did she think THIS was a good thumbnail??

IMG_1871.PNG

IMG_1872.PNG

Edited by AnarchyStocking
Added something

Posted (edited)

To be honest, to me the thumbnail looks like she's throwing up rather than eating...

Yumi please I'd rather watch a hundred haul videos or splenda vlogs, but please please no more food... Just the thumbnails are making me sick... :alpacaworry:

Btw, if she's really into dd/lg and wanted to do asmr videos, she could just film herself playing with toys or reading fairytales or sth. That'd be much easier for her than food related content as she waches her weight so much. Now that I think about it, we've never seen any stuffed animal around her too? I really doubt her being into ddlg now. I think she just needs an older white man who can finance her lifestyle and since the little aesthetic is trendy now she goes with that. :alpacaheadshake:

Edit: Can someone please message / alert me when the talking about this video is done? The screenshots are making me uncomfortable but I don't want to miss too much.

Edited by Iris Heart

Posted

honest to god looking at that thumbnail never ever makes me want to eat knowing that yumi's fugly mouth is hovering around in my head

Posted

Not only did she change the title and remove the ASMR, she already disabled the comments. Seriously, how delusional can a person be in order to think that everyone is wrong and she is right? How fucked in the head is she that she thinks that everyone who is not licking the soles of her shoes is a bully? 

397561.gif

PAAAAAATHETIC. 

Also, here's the receipt for her changed video title. She forgot to edit her caption on Instagram. :hurrplz:Captura_de_pantalla_2017-05-12_a_las_2.2

Posted

Mmh, I have already seen her latest video and (for the kind of shots that she made) I notice Vore vibes.

It's only me or anyone thinks that she is trying to do some "softcore Vore" too?

Posted (edited)

Jeez. At least her stuffs on her main channel is sorta entertaining in a super cringey way. But this second channel is unbearable.

Edited by Matcha

Posted

the fact that shes trying soo hard to stay relevant just shows that yumi will go on her knees one day. shes already posting fetish shit and who knows if splenda daddy breaks uo with her she will be on a chinese doll website. 

Posted

Officially never reading this thread while eating ever again.

Posted

Her eating sounds and whispering is terrible! I went and checked out other asmr of people eating and theirs weren't that bad considering that fact that I can't stand the sound of people eating. 

Posted

Can some explain this for me?

IMG_8118.PNG

Posted

Can some explain this for me?

IMG_8118.PNG

She's pregnant?

Posted

Yumi King Video Summary #58: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrdR3WE25SI "Eating Pig Liver Tomato Soup Sounds with Whisper | 猪肝西红柿汤" 

Hello everyone! It's sure been a HOT  minute since I last posted a video summary....sorry about that!! :alpacaworry:

Alright, so this is the first time I've covered a video on Yumi's new channel, which is supposedly an "ASMR" food channel. Obviously, this claim is absolutely ridiculous, and she did change the title of her latest video, removing "ASMR" from the title. 

That doesn't change anything tbh...? She's already claimed that this channel is ASMR-related in the past:
epl.thumb.png.9f8f1fe6fa70543f4a03d843aa
So, if she's now claiming that her videos aren't ASMR, then what the heck is "eating sounds with whispers" supposed to mean? What's the point?

Let's jump into this video...

*whispered* "This..iz..a....big..liver."

toadfo.thumb.gif.7ff3cc9b05d9b5cce771717

NO WAY. WTF is she doing!? This is terrifying!! I'm pretty neutral when it comes to ASMR, and I've seen it done correctly, but it's never made me feel like I'm about to piss my pants in fear. This is not ASMR, this is HELL. 

*whispered* "Big..liver....Tomato...soup."

This is just so...so awkward. Especially since all of this is happening with just her mouth and the food on the screen.

Next, she then begins to slurp the soup. I think that in Asia, slurping your food isn't considered impolite like it is in America....? Don't quote me on that though, because I have no idea if that's correct or not (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). What I'm most bothered by isn't the slurping, but her exaggerated breathy "ah" sounds in between her slurps. I get that she's trying to make "more" eating sounds to make it seem more "ASMR-y", but it's just so unnatural, and makes her seem impolite at the table more than anything....

schlurp.thumb.gif.3e0ee02a2fec9d7db0baa3

Oh!! I know exactly what she sounds like!! TRYING TO EAT WITH YOUR NOSE STUFFED UP FROM A SINUS INFECTION. I reaallllyy don't think that's the sound you should shoot for when trying to make an "ASMR" video....

She continues to repeat "This...is...a...big..liver" a few more times, which is a tactic I've seen in ASMR videos, and just continues to eat and slurp the soup. Y'know, I'm really not bothered by the sound of people eating as long as it isn't straight up smacking, but I feel like Yumi's videos are going to make me start hating the sound of people eating. As mentioned before, the equipment she is using just isn't adequate for ASMR, so all of the "eating sounds" just sound like a breathy, muffled, slurpy mess. 

The video concludes with a "Thanks for Watching" on the screen and a repeat of the "This..is..a....big..liver" audio from the beginning of the video. Thank the Lord that this video is over and that I never have to watch it again....:alpacadone:

As always, thank ya'll so much for reading my summaries!! A super duper big thank you for your patience this time--I know it's been a long time since I last released a video summary. Hopefully, summaries will be more frequent, but probably not for every video she makes---there's just a new video practically every day and it's so so hard to keep up with...sorry about that. :alpacaworry: 

Right now, I'm working on gathering all of my summaries together in one post (it's just a bunch of copying and pasting links, but the hard part is getting all of my very first video summaries together since I didn't title those ones like I do now!!). That should be up in the next few days. Thank ya'll so much for reading, and have a good day! :alpacacrush:

Apparently, it is impolite to slurp in Asia, according to the Asian partner who is watching/reading this with me, so yea but I know there is a culture which finds it impolite to not slurp.

Honestly, I never noped so hard at a video until I watched this, it's like an actual horror movie to me and it scared me, all 5 seconds of it.