• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

3233 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Idk why they get all these procedures to look like this. They're not considered pretty (according to some Korean friends I talk to).

Edited by bluee
clarity

Posted

I was curious and decided to see what surgery these girls have and how much they pay for it so I got in touch with https://eng.idhospital.com 

20190323_153618.jpg

PicsArt_03-23-03.40.05.jpg

Wait, they're different girls?! Also, it's kind of interesting to note that cheekbone reduction surgery is a pretty famous procedure in Korea, whereas in the Western side, having prominent cheekbones is considered an ideal beauty standard.

Posted

Just watched Daxbin‘s Live, and one of the first signs of you not looking anything like the person you represent on your pictures has to be when you hide your face the whole video. 

0ECE01DF-3261-41F8-97DF-8FC8A4182037.png

Her aegyo sal looks so puffy and bruised... 

Posted

Just watched Daxbin‘s Live, and one of the first signs of you not looking anything like the person you represent on your pictures has to be when you hide your face the whole video. 

i just watched her live but i stopped bc her eyes creep me out.

Posted

I knew Park Bom was going to be mentioned here at this time .

I really like her but her obvious lying is so eh to me . She really said she didn't have any surgery , she also lies about a lot of other things . I really worry about her

Posted

I knew Park Bom was going to be mentioned here at this time .

I really like her but her obvious lying is so eh to me . She really said she didn't have any surgery , she also lies about a lot of other things . I really worry about her

It's been a while since I've finished all 144 pages so I can't 100% recall if she's been discussed about before but I can't help myself after I stumbled upon this. 

Her case just really saddening since you can clearly see how much she's been struggling with her self-image over the years, especially after netizens began criticizing her botched ps even though she still continues to deny the rumours. It's eerily alarming to see how much her face had changed in such a short amount of time. This just goes to show the ugly amount of power these so called "beauty standards"
hold over our self-esteem and image, despite it being something a part of our society began admiring and adhering to as a way to feel accepted by our own species.

Of course I'm in no way belittling her appearance today, I'm just upset that even after her multiple procedures she tries to hide her face (in reference to her latest mv where you were only able to see her full face in scenes shot from afar) or manipulate it with snow filters & angles as if she's still not happy with the way she looks.

Pre-debut / 1st eyelid surgery (before 2009)

park_bom.thumb.jpg.c75213cf246a7bbebaacccea62b88c28ffecd9f83ff67a2216f15.thumb.jb49d1a6471404d988cb10dbb.thumb.jpg.c48fc4dbfcd664df5948e29eff15569ab7c35.thumb.j72ee9b7ceb26816f786769984ae5d070.thumb.jparkbomtrend-plastic-surgery-02-_s61s.th708314781.thumb.jpg.2b96f4f8f85c0207dc9cPARK-Bom1.thumb.jpg.b8eb6e7d01b89df1fddf

As you can see from the images above, it's no doubt that she looks drastically different in comparison to today. She had a realy cute imo nose that looked as if it slightly sloped downwards from the nose bridge, no ridiculous v-shaped chin, a defined jaw structure, She also had her rumoured 1st of 2 eyelid operations where she was given a thin fold inside her eyelids to be rid of her monolids.
Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.fb6e6827558baf602
Of course anything in regards to the accuracy of her ps history is a bit blurry since she's never confirmed anything but it's hard to believe despite the physical evidence.

She looked gorgeous and like an actual human being. After finding these images and seeing them for myself, it's not a stretch to see why people were outraged over her horrible ps jobs. I just wished she'd never gave into looking like a copy n pasted Mattel barbie doll for the sake of bringing in YG money when she was already naturally pretty and talented. :alpacaworry:

Debut / Post-op (2009 - Present Day) 

source.thumb.gif.979ee965f9fe77256f26e2f00002_copy.thumb.jpg.27b5ca58eb426a25f36after3.thumb.jpg.5609392b2925d3fd499fdfb

f8dhqdc.thumb.jpg.21b9fdff77a19c4d382bf7tumblr_n6vcdd6l9r1s4ln7oo2_1280.thumb.jpDouxi09U4AEa8IP.thumb.jpg.98e3a42c6e3aa5maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.4c6dcdf80f7247c0Douxi1KUYAAZ-7M.thumb.jpg.a84260b799a247Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.17969b2827c17e567Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.c88243f93ad121561Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.b39b456358886325d

Along with her 2nd eyelid surgery, netizens soon claimed she also received rhinoplasty along with a v-shaped chin surgery which required her to undergo jaw reduction and chin augmentation procedures after she was seen looking nearly unrecognisable and resembling the infamous Gangnam unnies. After her 2014 scandal that left her career up in the air, it's no doubt that stress and depression were some of the many leading factors in her sudden weight gain that caused the skin around her shaved jaw to sag. 
Screenshot_5.thumb.jpg.8ca2052165e43fcc8
Screenshot_6.thumb.jpg.23cd625ccea0f1d30
All in all it's safe to say that over time, Park Bom began growing more and more obsessed with trying to conform to Korean beauty standards which lead to her becoming addicted to ps and slowly ruining her face.

Links to the pictures/references used:
https://celebshistory.com/park-bom-plastic-surgery
https://welovebom.com/tag/pre-debut/

This is probably OT since I'm just going off on a tangent so you're able to just skip ahead to the next post because I've finished speaking about Park Bom and her botched ps. 

That being said this is just one of the many prime examples of how dangerous and unhealthy standards of beauty around the world are.
Sure it's subjective but it's also such an influential asset, especially in the world of social media and profitting off our transient youthful appearance. It doesn't just affect young impressionable teen girls but everyone; boys, men and women in their adulthood, even those in retirement homes. No one is truly imune to these criterias that are constructed into our society and it's tragic that we worry about such vain concerns when we could be using our time efficiently for things such as finding answers to prolonging our civilizations whether that be on Earth or some place else.

It's a bit crazy being among a room full of other students working their asses off to pay off their debts and see the day their degrees come to fruition, to only come back and read pages upon pages of people out there easily profitting/creating a career purely out of their vanity or money they never lifted a finger to earn on such platforms like IG
:alpacadone:

source.gif

Posted

It's been a while since I've finished all 144 pages so I can't 100% recall if she's been discussed about before but I can't help myself after I stumbled upon this. 
Her case just really saddening since you can clearly see how much she's been struggling with her self-image over the years, especially after netizens began criticizing her botched ps even though she still continues to deny the rumours. It's eerily alarming to see how much her face had changed in such a short amount of time. This just goes to show the ugly amount of power these so called "beauty standards"
hold over our self-esteem and image, despite it being something a part of our society began admiring and adhering to as a way to feel accepted by our own species.
Of course I'm in no way belittling her appearance today, I'm just upset that even after her multiple procedures she tries to hide her face (in reference to her latest mv where you were only able to see her full face in scenes shot from afar) or manipulate it with snow filters & angles as if she's still not happy with the way she looks.

Pre-debut / 1st eyelid surgery (before 2009)

Hidden Content

As you can see from the images above, it's no doubt that she looks drastically different in comparison to today. She had a realy cute imo nose that looked as if it slightly sloped downwards from the nose bridge, no ridiculous v-shaped chin, a defined jaw structure, She also had her rumoured 1st of 2 eyelid operations where she was given a thin fold inside her eyelids to be rid of her monolids.
Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.fb6e6827558baf602
Of course anything in regards to the accuracy of her ps history is a bit blurry since she's never confirmed anything but it's hard to believe despite the physical evidence.

She looked gorgeous and like an actual human being. After finding these images and seeing them for myself, it's not a stretch to see why people were outraged over her horrible ps jobs. I just wished she'd never gave into looking like a copy n pasted Mattel barbie doll for the sake of bringing in YG money when she was already naturally pretty and talented. :alpacaworry:

Debut / Post-op (2009 - Present Day) 

Hidden Content

Along with her 2nd eyelid surgery, netizens soon claimed she also received rhinoplasty along with a v-shaped chin surgery which required her to undergo jaw reduction and chin augmentation procedures after she was seen looking nearly unrecognisable and resembling the infamous Gangnam unnies. After her 2014 scandal that left her career up in the air, it's no doubt that stress and depression were some of the many leading factors in her sudden weight gain that caused the skin around her shaved jaw to sag. 
Screenshot_5.thumb.jpg.8ca2052165e43fcc8
Screenshot_6.thumb.jpg.23cd625ccea0f1d30
All in all it's safe to say that over time, Park Bom began growing more and more obsessed with trying to conform to Korean beauty standards which lead to her becoming addicted to ps and slowly ruining her face.

Hidden Content

This is probably OT since I'm just going off on a tangent so you're able to just skip ahead to the next post because I've finished speaking about Park Bom and her botched ps. 

Hidden Content

source.gif

i agree completely. Her case is one of the saddest since you can clearly see the differences and not in a pretty manner.  

i'm gonna go on a limb and say that her face right now looks worse also because her weight gain.  She's gained a lot of weight (no fat shaming).  She had her surgeries when she was way skinnier and they looked better because they suited her weight at the time (not saying they looked good) and now that she's gained weight it makes her looked botched (sorry but there is no other way to put it)

Posted

stumbled upon this girl on explore and even though I'm aware it's plastic surgery, I'm still in awe and almost sad at the process of just how much pain they go through to achieve a look that maybe won't be popular in a few years. 

i mean just look at her lips after surgery, i'm assuming its before her lip fillers.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Posted

stumbled upon this girl on explore and even though I'm aware it's plastic surgery, I'm still in awe and almost sad at the process of just how much pain they go through to achieve a look that maybe won't be popular in a few years. 

i mean just look at her lips after surgery, i'm assuming its before her lip fillers.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

If I'm not wrong it's just a nose job but goddamn that looks painful as hell :alpacaworry: 

Posted

If I'm not wrong it's just a nose job but goddamn that looks painful as hell :alpacaworry: 

she said she had her jaws done too 

i dont want to white knight but she did say quite a few times that she doesn't like showing her full face live + isn't prepared to start a youtube channel because she doesn't have the heart to read all the negative comments nitpicking at her appearance. you could argue saying she shouldn't post her photos publicly and edit them but you know...it's her account. she said she's been hurt by comments quite a few times and she seems to be a nice person so i feel bad for her whenever she gets mentioned in this thread. 

Posted

i dont want to white knight but she did say quite a few times that she doesn't like showing her full face live + isn't prepared to start a youtube channel because she doesn't have the heart to read all the negative comments nitpicking at her appearance. you could argue saying she shouldn't post her photos publicly and edit them but you know...it's her account. she said she's been hurt by comments quite a few times and she seems to be a nice person so i feel bad for her whenever she gets mentioned in this thread. 

but then that’s her problem and this thread is to talk about the appearance of “Gangnam unnies” and since she is one of the well known girls with this kind of look it’s just normal to talk about her as well. All of these girls have probably the same “problem” which is the fact that they are not satisfied with themselves and a lot of the girls posted on here are probably nice girls. There are a lot of reasons which cause that and we all know that these girls had procedures done. If you say “I feel bad when she gets mentioned” then maybe you don’t really understand what this thread is for, because in the end a lot of these girls admitted that they got something done and that doesn’t change the fact that they look kinda weird sometimes. And for Dabin, well she’s using photoshop on top of her cosmetic surgery so of course she doesn’t look like the girl she represents on her pictures.

Posted

Oh! Where did she say she got her jaws done too? It looks quite natural??? to me but maybe I'm just not good with spotting this kind of stuff

Posted

Oh! Where did she say she got her jaws done too? It looks quite natural??? to me but maybe I'm just not good with spotting this kind of stuff

Her jaw is literally bandaged in the photo lol

Posted

Her jaw is literally bandaged in the photo lol

aaaahh sorry lol I dont have much experience with plastic surgery stuff so I thought it was a standard procedure to just bandage up the whole face. Her chin still looks about the same in recent photos so I thought nothing happened.

Posted

aaaahh sorry lol I dont have much experience with plastic surgery stuff so I thought it was a standard procedure to just bandage up the whole face. Her chin still looks about the same in recent photos so I thought nothing happened.

it needs a long time for the scar to heal esp from invasive surgery like jaw shaving. sometimes the swollen area need more than 6 month to calm down. that's why ppl need to be patient before judging the result.