• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

3327 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Do you have any source or screenshot? I can't believe Bom could say that considering how obvious it is...

I don't know about you guys but I've always heard that she was ill, suffering from body dysmorphic disorder as well as a lymphatic disease, causing her lymph nodes to swell and also contributing to the swelling of her facial features.

I'm not a fan of 2NE1 or Park Bom but I would not make fun of her "Gangnam Unnie" look knowing that she's potentially ill.

no sadly I dont :( I tried looking for it to get a screenshot but can't seem to find, but I remember it was an English comment and she replied in English as well! Maybe deleted afterwards? Since it was like weeks ago 

I hope she is doing okay and realizes she doesent need surgery from all the love she gets from her fans and all if thats the case

Edited by Flowercotton

Posted

please tell me it's just someone who dont like her and made this fake account with her photoshopped like that lol. 

I refuse to believe they actually think they look good like this but who knows >___<

Posted

lol i must be sick but i wanna see this irl

Posted

SmartSelect_20181208-183621_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183637_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183703_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183717_Instagram.jpg

Posted (edited)

So I've been following this thread since the beginning and I already know what I'm about to say is controversial/ an unpopular opinion but here's my take:

How come no one in this thread gives these girl's responsiblity for what they did... to themselves? Like it doesn't make sense. Whenever I'm reading about a snowflake or koreaboo who got plastic surgery & photoshops it's "wow I can't believe she did that," "she looks dumb" and other comments holding the person responsible. But all the comments here are like "omg poor baby she was pressured by society!" I mean literally no one forced them to get plastic surgery (with the exception of idol gangnam unnies.) What's so hard about accepting that these women CHOSE to do this to their faces :alpacaconfused:

Edited by Chilo

Posted

So I've been following this thread since the beginning and I already know what I'm about to say is controversial/ an unpopular opinion but here's my take:

Hidden Content

I think some people do blame the girls themselves though, and some people in the Koreaboo thread sympathize with them too. Not as many.

Bit under spoiler is long so TL;DR: Gagnam Unnies are sometimes mentally ill and don't realize they'll regret it, and Gagnam Unnies make permanent changes whereas Koreaboos just photoshop for the most part and can move past their phase when they want to, but Gagnam Unnies can't ever look like they used to since they've gotten surgery.

But others sympathize because maybe they have some insecurity themself, and they know what it feels like to not be satisfied, or maybe they watched that documentary that was linked way earlier in the thread and now realize what a slippery slope plastic surgery can be.

Also even in the Koreaboo thread there are occasionally people who sympathize. It is kind of rare but sometimes they say "they must not be satisfied with their own race, that's sad" but the reason there is less sympathy there is because most Koreaboos just photoshop, they are not doing a permanent change and when they inevitably pass their phase of wanting to be another race, they'll have sustained no physical damage and will have no permanent changes to their appearance (unless they got a tattoo, but even those can be lasered and covered up.) But Gagnam Unnies are generally doing permanent things to their face and going too far, and if the beauty standards change in Korea or if they suddenly no longer want to look the wah they do, they'll still look the way they do because surgery is permanent and if they attempt correctional surgery they will probably never look. Normal again. And finally, even though a lot of times nowadays it seems that in order to become popular on social media you only need to be an attractive East Asian person and you could argue that that is the motive of Koreaboos, that is still a kind of niche market if that makes sense? Like it isn't so much that there is really any societal pressure to be East Asian and it isn't generally something that is engrained in the societies that Koreaboos live in. It's a phase and a choice generally made without being pressured by their countries' beauty standards.

But in Korea sometimes people can feel pressure to look the way Gagnam Unnies look because there is kind of more pressure I guess? Like in general there is a certain look that Korean people who get surgery try to obtain (which is evident in the fact that a lot of these girls in the thread look alike) because that's just what's considered attractive by many (like for example double eyelids, pointy nose and v shaped face) so I could understand and sympathize with Gagnam Unnies feeling pressure to do surgery by how it seems like an easy way to look desireable, and then getting addicted because they just aren't happy with themselves. But generally, the only reason that all Koreaboos have to pretend to be Korean is because they think it's cool so I don't feel as bad because they don't all carry the same self hatred (a few do though), for most it's just a phase that they can move on from. Gagnam Unnies not so much since they've made permanent changes and they can't ever go back to the way they were and move on from that phase. Not to mention some Gagnam Unnies may have some Body Dysmorphic disorder (as much as I hate throwing around terms like that so loosely) and they just want to look "perfect" which is never possible to them, because they always notice another flaw. Some of them are mentally ill so I feel bad for them because they don't realise that they'll regret it or that they look odd and even if they do, they can't fix it.

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

My huge rant: im on my phone and cant use spoiler, sorry lol. I'll put on the spoiler when i get home ig

you're terribly mistaken. Not all the comments are "oh my gosh poor baby she was pressured by society". I can't say for all of us but i certainly think that many of these girls look stupid, even repulsive (if you couldn't tell by my comparison of the cursed images which you shouldve seen if youve been following this thread since the beginning). There's a difference between koreaboos and gangnum unnies. Koreaboos are not pressured. They literally do it to look Korean, contrasting to how many gangnum unnies do it to be accepted by the Korean society. Yes, it may have been their own decisions and their own responsibility but honestly if i lived in a place with such unrealistic, fantastical beauty standards such as korea, i wouldve gotten some work done already. Your excuse of "literally no one forced them to get plastic surgery (with the exception of idol gangnum unnies)" is complete bs. That's like saying "no one forced him/her to commit suicide." So many people end their lives because they cannot withstand whatever bullying or problems going on in their life. Gangnum unnies take the other way out. A lot of them were bullied because of how they looked. They were pushed to the edge and eventually got surgery in hopes of finally being accepted by others. But idk. That's just how i see it.

Edited by *sips tea*

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Huh..? I've been following this thread for a long time too and i've never seen anyone say ''omg poor baby she was pressured by society'' I've only ever seen people here laugh at how outrageous they look. Hell and i've got through this thread plenty of times. :alpacaconfused:

Edited by NewNameWhoDis

Posted (edited)

My huge rant: im on my phone and cant use spoiler, sorry lol. I'll put on the spoiler when i get home ig

you're terribly mistaken. Not all the comments are "oh my gosh poor baby she was pressured by society". I can't say for all of us but i certainly think that many of these girls look stupid, even repulsive (if you couldn't tell by my comparison of the cursed images which you shouldve seen if youve been following this thread since the beginning). There's a difference between koreaboos and gangnum unnies. Koreaboos are not pressured. They literally do it to look Korean, contrasting to how many gangnum unnies do it to be accepted by the Korean society. Yes, it may have been their own decisions and their own responsibility but honestly if i lived in a place with such unrealistic, fantastical beauty standards such as korea, i wouldve gotten some work done already. Your excuse of "literally no one forced them to get plastic surgery (with the exception of idol gangnum unnies)" is complete bs. That's like saying "no one forced him/her to commit suicide." So many people end their lives because they cannot withstand whatever bullying or problems going on in their life. Gangnum unnies take the other way out. A lot of them were bullied because of how they looked. They were pushed to the edge and eventually got surgery in hopes of finally being accepted by others. But idk. That's just how i see it.

yikes I wouldn't equate suicide to plastic surgery because that disrespectful to the dead and everything they went through in life but that's just me :|

most (not all) gangnam unnies are former ulzzangs, they were anything but bullied 

but hey this is a forum where we can disagree lol

Huh..? I've been following this thread for a long time too and i've never seen anyone say ''omg poor baby she was pressured by society'' I've only ever seen people here laugh at how outrageous they look. Hell and i've got through this thread plenty of times. :alpacaconfused:

I mean I was obvi exaggerating how they say it but Iit def happens throughout this thread where ppl write these paragraphs about standards and stuff

Edited by Chilo

Posted

yikes I wouldn't equate suicide to plastic surgery because that disrespectful to the dead and everything they went through in life but that's just me :|

most (not all) gangnam unnies are former ulzzangs, they were anything but bullied 

but hey this is a forum where we can disagree lol

I mean I was obvi exaggerating how they say it but Iit def happens throughout this thread where ppl write these paragraphs about standards and stuff

Hey did you start this conversation kinda in response to a post I made earlier? If not is okay but here's my take,

I'm just the type of person that wants to know why. Although I can sympathize a bit, I do think they didn't make the right choice or they had to in any way. It's not as simple as "society made them do this" but it's also not "They are just stupid". They all must have their reasons and that's basically how deep it goes and I'm not trying to speak for every person in this thread that sympathizes with these people but I think this is how most of us feel about it.

They must have their reasons and fitting a standard they want to be is a assumption we make that could very well be a reason for them. Doesn't go deeper than that. 

On another note, I think it's useless to say well in this case everybody says this but here it's the opposite when it's all different people. You can't call people out for hypocrisy when you compare what they say to what other people say. The koreaboo comparison is also not that good, these type of people don't have anything to do with eachother. With koreaboos it's mostly what they say and how they act that's problematic to me. 

Also agree with you the suicide thing isn't something to compare to girls getting plastic surgery, that's really to say dramatic. Gangnam Unnies aren't that pressured like wha.

Posted

Hey did you start this conversation kinda in response to a post I made earlier? If not is okay but here's my take,

I'm just the type of person that wants to know why. Although I can sympathize a bit, I do think they didn't make the right choice or they had to in any way. It's not as simple as "society made them do this" but it's also not "They are just stupid". They all must have their reasons and that's basically how deep it goes and I'm not trying to speak for every person in this thread that sympathizes with these people but I think this is how most of us feel about it.

They must have their reasons and fitting a standard they want to be is a assumption we make that could very well be a reason for them. Doesn't go deeper than that. 

On another note, I think it's useless to say well in this case everybody says this but here it's the opposite when it's all different people. You can't call people out for hypocrisy when you compare what they say to what other people say. The koreaboo comparison is also not that good, these type of people don't have anything to do with eachother. With koreaboos it's mostly what they say and how they act that's problematic to me. 

Also agree with you the suicide thing isn't something to compare to girls getting plastic surgery, that's really to say dramatic. Gangnam Unnies aren't that pressured like wha.

This wasn't a response to you, as I said, it's something I've seen throughout the thread.

1. literally THIS is what I'm saying like plastic surgery is a drastic decision to make and to reduce down to it only being society doesn't make sense at all.
  2. And yeah that's why I said snowflakes too. like whenever a, b, or c, gets a rhinoplasty, boobjob, etc, no one takes into account that their natural features didn't fit with in with whatever society they're in or they are equally as insecure as gangam unnies yet the two get completely different reactions and treatments

Posted

SmartSelect_20181208-183621_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183637_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183703_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20181208-183717_Instagram.jpg

It was all fun and games until she turned to the side... 

Posted

Park Bom today. She has like no jaw at this point. ): 

33B4D64F-64FD-4FE8-ACC7-C94045F7B9F0.jpeg

omg I was scrolling pass this pic and thought it was gangnam unnie attempting to look like Bom but it's really her :(. ygs ugly ass deserves to be stoned for telling them they were ugly like 24/7 like picture being in high school have some grown ass man constantly telling you you're ugly and need plastic surgery I know those comments hurt their self esteem so much 

Posted

This wasn't a response to you, as I said, it's something I've seen throughout the thread.

1. literally THIS is what I'm saying like plastic surgery is a drastic decision to make and to reduce down to it only being society doesn't make sense at all.
  2. And yeah that's why I said snowflakes too. like whenever a, b, or c, gets a rhinoplasty, boobjob, etc, no one takes into account that their natural features didn't fit with in with whatever society they're in or they are equally as insecure as gangam unnies yet the two get completely different reactions and treatments

Simply not true. In this thread as well, people have just as much criticized them. Don't really know what you're getting at honestly, should we criticize them more in your opinion or should we criticize other snowflakes less? Does it even matter, everyone has different opinions. Mine is that all of them have their reason but I still think their decisions are stupid both gangnam unnies and snowflakes or whatever.