• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

1929 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i'm stealing this thread's virginity lol
The beauty standards are pretty much the same as the snake spirits but if i have to add more : the nose, not only it needs to looks thin & small but also have to look high & defined, too, pretty much like a caucasian's , and  you can't forget the giant eye bags, the aegyo sal. 

Even though i'm Asian & don't buy that "all asians look the same" shit but i admit that i have a hard time figure who is who, looking at these people  

Edited by Zeng

Posted (edited)

i'm stealing this thread's virginity lol
The beauty standards are pretty much the same as the snake spirits but if i have to add more : the nose, not only it needs to looks thin & small but also have to look high & defined, too, pretty much like a caucasian's , and  you can't forget the giant eye bags, the aegyo sal. 

Even though i'm Asian & don't buy that "all asians look the same" shit but i admit that i have a hard time figure who is who, looking at these people  

I hesitated adding the aegyo sal in korean beauty standards since the gangnam unnie one is too extreme comparing to the "natural" one which seem to be the attended goal. But you're right, I added it ! 

I also agree about the nose being high and defined. :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Mewd

Posted

but have yall seen this

Posted

but have yall seen this

Omg, I totally forgot to add this video.. Thanks for reminding me !! :alpacawink:

Posted

Thanks for this! I had seen the film before, but the first two vids explained a lot (havent been through watching them entirely yet) about this phenomena.. it has always fascinated me in this forum, mainly since I have none of the desired features :D

Posted

Watching that gif of the beauty pageant one kinda scared me cause I was sorta assuming it was one person with many hairstyles, not many people with one face...

Posted (edited)

I few instagram girls come to mind but the first i think of when I hear gangnam unnie is @ neul_grab. She somehow manages to look slightly different in every picture but still unrealistic. She comes up in my reccomended often. Lately these kind of girls have been getting lip fillers as well, I think that trend is starting to take hold from what I've heard and seen.

Sorry if I scare anyone with pics

IMG_5072.PNG

IMG_5073.PNG

IMG_5074.PNG

IMG_5076.PNG

IMG_5078.PNG

Edited by nobodybutu

Posted

what if the concept gangnam unnies bring more good than bad? what if some girls who want something done will be deterred to get something done so as to  not look like so many girls out there? idk... i'm just being hopeful.

also i think SK is fine with small procedures done, usually one just to improve the overall look of the face. obvious and fake looking PS don't appeal to them too... in fact i think the term gangnam unnie is kind of a mocking insult. 

Posted (edited)

well gangnam unnie initially referred to a very specific set of procedures that got done by so many people it resulted in that terrible sameface. It's hard to look like a gangnam unnie unless you literally get that "set" of procedures. Not everyone who gets a nose job or jaw shaving will end up looking like one! But now people are also using it to describe people who got really bad or unflattering or obvious PS, when in Korea it's not that hard to get it "natural". Plus there's editing which makes it even worse on social media...

Edited by Bubbletea

Posted

@suminzz on instagram has a sliiiightly gangnam unnie face (but i'm super jealous of her outfits) I haven't seen the videos you posted yet, but I'd always assumed that the "gangnam unnies" just threw all the desirable features onto one face without considering how it would look all together. There was this one interview with Hyorin (from SISTAR) where she said she wanted to get her nose done again but found out that she'd have to fix so many other little things to make it look presentable, so I thought it was something like that! 

Im not against plastic surgery at all, but I'd prefer it if people just fixed small things (or features that super bother them) instead of reconstructing their own face. And I literally can never tell them apart because they're just THE SAME. 

Posted

Hey guys that korean beauty pageant gif has a different story than you think. The girls didn't all look alike, whomever was handling the photos photoshopped them all to have the same face. I remember there being a lot of discussion about it on 4chan (on various boards) when it was happening and someone had posted the before/after photo of the women as well (I don't have it myself). 

Posted

So it's basically IRL same-face-syndrome. 

Like, sure, the face is kinda cute, but like, there are so many different ways people can be cute it's honestly kinda scary in a dystopian way. Like, Scott Westerfield's The Uglies. Stuff like that.

Posted

lol I live in Seoul and every time I see a gangnam unnie in person I still get taken aback a bit. It's definitely a bit bizarre to see in person, at least in my eyes, since the face just looks unnatural and a lot things look off.  Most Korean people support getting small procedures done as long as the the face still looks natural, but the gangnam unnie just gets every procedure done and ends up looking the same and awkward. But a lot Koreans don't like the look anymore, natural faces are the desire now after the Unnie fad faded out, and now it's becoming a bit of a joke and the girls get teased - I kinda feel sorry for them because I don't think they can really reverse the look to a natural face.

You're so right, it's super scary! I've yet to see a Gangnam unnie in person, but I have seen some snake spirit girls and you can't help but stare. :derp: