94 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone here own a dog and know about what's okay to feed it and not feed it? I have noticed that Taylor feeds Rosie chicken on the regular. It seems to be in a LOT of her vlogs. And I feel like she's been doing it more often recently. Is this healthy? I could definitely be mistaken because I don't know much about feeding dogs, but I thought you weren't supposed to give them a lot of food that isn't meant for them because it could be unhealthy or because they could become accustomed to it and not want to eat their dog food anymore. I think Taylor has actually mentioned that Rosie doesn't like eating dog food in the past. If anyone knows about this, let me know! 

Posted

@strawberrysweater this is one of those things where there are thousands of different theories, and some dog owners have very strong opinions about. some people say you should only feed dog food, some not, some think the dog needs diversity, some not...

Chicken is a pretty healthy thing to give to your dog, as it's low in fat. But to be picky, it is healthier is raw, and obviously no condiments!

And tiny dogs are often picky about their food, and Taylor has said that all Rosie wants is chicken.

Posted (edited)

@strawberrysweater this is one of those things where there are thousands of different theories, and some dog owners have very strong opinions about. some people say you should only feed dog food, some not, some think the dog needs diversity, some not...

Chicken is a pretty healthy thing to give to your dog, as it's low in fat. But to be picky, it is healthier is raw, and obviously no condiments!

And tiny dogs are often picky about their food, and Taylor has said that all Rosie wants is chicken.

Wait.. she's feeding rosie raw chicken not cooked right? Cause that's what i've always assumed.. Cooking the meat kinda kills all the nutrients/good shit in it..

Store bought dog/cat food(even hills, royal canin, etc.) do not have all the nutrients that they need in their diet, but it won't kill them either obviously..

But just in case Saltay does check this thread...

Saltay: FRESH raw meat is always better than cooked and if rosie will eat raw than give her raw instead of cooked. (Raw bones are fine too and I'm sure you know not to give her any cooked bones)

Just make sure it's FRESH. I know cats can tell when raw meat is off but i'm not sure about dogs. So yeah FRESH raw or she might end up with worms (worse case scenario but better to be safe than sorry) 

Edited by Iagzie

Posted

Wait.. she's feeding rosie raw chicken not cooked right? Cause that's what i've always assumed.. Cooking the meat kinda kills all the nutrients/good shit in it..

well she gives the chicken after the food delivery guys come, so I always thought she ordered food with chicken in it (thus cooked) and gives it to Rosie. and she gives ti shredded, which is how it would be served cooked in salads etc.

Posted

well she gives the chicken after the food delivery guys come, so I always thought she ordered food with chicken in it (thus cooked) and gives it to Rosie. and she gives ti shredded, which is how it would be served cooked in salads etc.

Ah okay, yeah she probably does order chicken to put in their food. I assumed she was buying the chicken just for rosie (can you tell i don't watch her vlogs? lol)

Posted

I usually give my dogs rice and unseasoned, cooked chicken when they have an upset stomach. Never for too long or else that's all they'll want to eat. I'd rather not give them the chicken from my food, even knowing that it's unseasoned, because it teaches them that they can beg for food off my plate. It's too late for Rosie, though, cause it's pretty obvious that Taylor has spoiled her.

Posted

I usually give my dogs rice and unseasoned, cooked chicken when they have an upset stomach. Never for too long or else that's all they'll want to eat. I'd rather not give them the chicken from my food, even knowing that it's unseasoned, because it teaches them that they can beg for food off my plate. It's too late for Rosie, though, cause it's pretty obvious that Taylor has spoiled her.

If you do cook with chicken (or any meat) you can always give your dog any raw meat scraps you will just throw away and maybe leave the cooked chicken for yourself to enjoy. But of course you don't have to. It was just a little suggestion :)

Posted (edited)

If you do cook with chicken (or any meat) you can always give your dog any raw meat scraps you will just throw away and maybe leave the cooked chicken for yourself to enjoy. But of course you don't have to. It was just a little suggestion :)

OT:

Yeah, I never thought about giving raw chicken just because I don't feed them "people" food that often, unless needed for situations like these. I usually buy exact amounts needed to cook meals, so there's almost no left overs for them haha. Especially considering I have more than one dog, it gets kinda a handful when one dog needs the special meal while the others have to eat kibble LOL. I'm really considering it if I ever make more money, though. :alpacaworry:

the picture won't go away ;~~~~; pls ignore

a.png

Edited by bud

Posted

OT:

Hidden Content

the picture won't go away ;~~~~; pls ignore

Hidden Content

yeah fair enough :) I think I'm just really anal about wasting food (bf says that as well) and also we just guess how much we need and whatever doesn't get used goes to the cats lol

Posted

How intelligent do you think Rosie is? She seems to do well with commands and recognises some other words (possibly the word 'chicken') but I don't think she's above average. idk how intelligent tea cup breeds usually are. Has Taylor done one of those dog intelligence tests like everyone else on Youtube?

Posted

How intelligent do you think Rosie is? She seems to do well with commands and recognises some other words (possibly the word 'chicken') but I don't think she's above average. idk how intelligent tea cup breeds usually are. Has Taylor done one of those dog intelligence tests like everyone else on Youtube?

Teacup poodles are apparently very intelligent and trainable .. I assume they get these traits from the standard poodle, which are known to be quite intelligent. 

So I think Rosie is capable of being a smart and well-trained dog, but Taylor spoils her waaaay too much so she's a little bit naughty. 

Posted

poodles in general are very intelligent dogs. My dog is one and he can recognise many words including walk in French and English. We've had to learn how to say it in different languages so he can't tell what we're talking about lol

Posted

not sure if it was posted before (and I'm reviving an old thread yikes :alpacaworry:) but lolcow posted the link to where i think taylor got rosie from. it seems like a puppy farm because there's hundreds and hundreds of teacup poodles just like rosie on the site (which is.. creepy), all dressed up and posing. I'll edit when I can find that link again

Posted (edited)

My curiosity got the better off me and I actually looked for her breeder...

They are called  TeddybearMommy and if you scroll down the site a bit you can actually see pictures of Taylor and Rosie.

taylor.thumb.jpg.c4c19d22f1c0248322482d7

taylor2.thumb.jpg.853c3480794d5f304be053

They also have a Youtube Channel where they show the dogs or videos after the dogs were shipped...

You should just look at this one and you know they are bad:

I mean look at that dog... how they grab her neck so the dog doesn't move... he clearly doesn't enjoy that... then again they aren't hurting them in the video but I wouldn't be surprised if they just put them back in a tiny cage after they are done shooting....

And the pictures they take are more than creepy... they really capitalise on the idea of fashion accessoirs and dolls to dress... they even hold them at their necks with both hands to pose... looks really weird and uncomfortable...

Their prices vary for what I found you can get a small teacup poodle send to Japan for 3000$-12000$. I mean seriously who would pay that much for a site that just dresses the dogs but does not provide any insight in how they breed and how they keep them...

They also don't really provide much info about the dog... You just see the picture, it's number and then you can choose your country to see the price, as they ship them worldwide...

They don't do any checkups on the owner or ask for any info or make sure you are able to have a dog... they just want you to pay the lunatic amount of money and send them cute shots they can use... Man this is really bad... how can anyone trust this site?

What's also giving me the creeps about them is that they actually just list the dogs as number XY... they are at number 581 of Poodles listed to sell... I really don't get any good vibes from them...

I also searched for reviews of other customers and could only find one Blogpost where they discovered their dog had PDA which is quite serious and when she asked the doctor of those breeders how they do their checkups and make sure the dogs are healthy he just said “If the puppy can eat and can jump, then he is healthy”

They furthermore talk about how "They (the breeders) asks us to “bet” (an actual word that they use) on whether Ponyo will live longer than a year. If Ponyo dies within a year, they will send us a new puppy."

The breeders also told that women that she's not allowed to do any surgery because her vet is trying to scam her and her vet is a scam and the dog is perfectly healthy... Furthermore "According to their website, they take 100% responsibilities on the health of their puppies unless their puppies were taken to surgery without their approval."

and if I can find that through a quick 5 minute google search... Taylor could and should have known better...

Then again Rosie is healthy and though spoiled and has anxiety issues she at least is alive and Taylor/Tripod pays for her medical bills...

but seriously this is one of the creepiest dog breeder and selling website I have seen so far... Maybe moneybag-san bought Rosie for her... and maybe she really has the capacity of a five year old only seeing sth. dressed up on a website and wanting it without ever thinking twice about the consequences...

Edit: They hold every one of their dogs at the neck... plus this is I guess the best representation of their creepyness...

rosies.thumb.jpg.c375639ccb6a5fef96dd1db

Edited by Su Fei

Posted

My curiosity got the better off me and I actually looked for her breeder...

They are called  TeddybearMommy and if you scroll down the site a bit you can actually see pictures of Taylor and Rosie.

Hidden Content

They also have a Youtube Channel where they show the dogs or videos after the dogs were shipped...

You should just look at this one and you know they are bad:

I mean look at that dog... how they grab her neck so the dog doesn't move... he clearly doesn't enjoy that... then again they aren't hurting them in the video but I wouldn't be surprised if they just put them back in a tiny cage after they are done shooting....

And the pictures they take are more than creepy... they really capitalise on the idea of fashion accessoirs and dolls to dress... they even hold them at their necks with both hands to pose... looks really weird and uncomfortable...

Their prices vary for what I found you can get a small teacup poodle send to Japan for 3000$-12000$. I mean seriously who would pay that much for a site that just dresses the dogs but does not provide any insight in how they breed and how they keep them...

They also don't really provide much info about the dog... You just see the picture, it's number and then you can choose your country to see the price, as they ship them worldwide...

They don't do any checkups on the owner or ask for any info or make sure you are able to have a dog... they just want you to pay the lunatic amount of money and send them cute shots they can use... Man this is really bad... how can anyone trust this site?

What's also giving me the creeps about them is that they actually just list the dogs as number XY... they are at number 581 of Poodles listed to sell... I really don't get any good vibes from them...

I also searched for reviews of other customers and could only find one Blogpost where they discovered their dog had PDA which is quite serious and when she asked the doctor of those breeders how they do their checkups and make sure the dogs are healthy he just said “If the puppy can eat and can jump, then he is healthy”

They furthermore talk about how "They (the breeders) asks us to “bet” (an actual word that they use) on whether Ponyo will live longer than a year. If Ponyo dies within a year, they will send us a new puppy."

The breeders also told that women that she's not allowed to do any surgery because her vet is trying to scam her and her vet is a scam and the dog is perfectly healthy... Furthermore "According to their website, they take 100% responsibilities on the health of their puppies unless their puppies were taken to surgery without their approval."

and if I can find that through a quick 5 minute google search... Taylor could and should have known better...

Then again Rosie is healthy and though spoiled and has anxiety issues she at least is alive and Taylor/Tripod pays for her medical bills...

but seriously this is one of the creepiest dog breeder and selling website I have seen so far... Maybe moneybag-san bought Rosie for her... and maybe she really has the capacity of a five year old only seeing sth. dressed up on a website and wanting it without ever thinking twice about the consequences...

Lip licking and yawning is a sign of fear.