94 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a theory that Taylor replaced "Rosie" 2 years ago before moving to Japan....

Hahaha! I kinda mentioned this before awhile back. Plus when my friend and I talk about this, we're always like, "You think this is the first Rosie? Daddy probably replaces her whenever there'a a bump in the road." I'd imagine high quality clones xD Interested in this theory. 

Posted

There was that rumour on lolcow that "Rosie's" fur changed colour when she moved to Japan. Some argue that fur naturally changes colour over time though. 

Fur CAN naturally change over time. I own huskies and their masks can actually change as they grow to maturity and their coat can also darken or lighten. My youngest is black and white but when I got him around a year old he had a BRIGHT RED tail. Over the course of a year and a half his coat has darkened so he was no longer a darker grey and white to a black and white and his red tail is now really only visible in the right lighting. 

Tibetan Terriers also tend to go through some massive changes in their younger years coat color-wise.

Posted

Fur CAN naturally change over time. I own huskies and their masks can actually change as they grow to maturity and their coat can also darken or lighten. My youngest is black and white but when I got him around a year old he had a BRIGHT RED tail. Over the course of a year and a half his coat has darkened so he was no longer a darker grey and white to a black and white and his red tail is now really only visible in the right lighting. 
Tibetan Terriers also tend to go through some massive changes in their younger years coat color-wise.

Of course, I own a German shepherd and when we got her she was mainly black but over time she got the classic tanned "y" on her nose/face and her tail got a tanned stripe on the underside. 

Posted (edited)

So I checked her Insta for the last couple years and pulled a few pictures of Rosie and her fur color seems to vary based on styling. Maybe it's just lighting and though, but she doesn't look like the same dog in each picture, even recently. I'm not saying it is just some minor features have minor changes between pictures.

Btw I am still a bit new and for some reason can't figure out how to hide pictures/text under a spoiler/hidden tab 

IMG_2553.PNG

IMG_2554.PNG

IMG_2560.PNG

IMG_2563.PNG

IMG_2565.PNG

IMG_2566.PNG

Edited by TheaDolly
Clarification

Posted

So I checked her Insta for the last couple years and pulled a few pictures of Rosie and her fur color seems to vary based on styling. Maybe it's just lighting and though, but she doesn't look like the same dog in each picture, even recently. I'm not saying it is just some minor features have minor changes between pictures.

Btw I am still a bit new and for some reason can't figure out how to hide pictures/text under a spoiler/hidden tab 

IMG_2553.PNG

IMG_2554.PNG

IMG_2560.PNG

IMG_2563.PNG

IMG_2565.PNG

IMG_2566.PNG

the fourth pic is so cute! I honestly think this is not a different dog, but simply new "hairstyles" quite often. Don't you think Taylor would have mentioned something about it if it really was a new dog? She talked about the surgery thing openly and such. 

Posted

the fourth pic is so cute! I honestly think this is not a different dog, but simply new "hairstyles" quite often. Don't you think Taylor would have mentioned something about it if it really was a new dog? She talked about the surgery thing openly and such. 

I agree. Most people have a way more consistent grooming pattern but I don't think she'd just dump a dog or have one die and then replace it with another without posting or mentioning it. She doesn't strike me as the type who is really that flippant about her animals life, just not well informed on proper training and behavioral keys with her animal. I think she really does care about Rosie in her own way.

Posted (edited)

Yeah we already discussed that quite a lot. Taylor changed Rosie's grooming quite a bit, Rosie's fur got a little bit lighter AND Taylor changed the tone of her filters. In the past, she used mostly cold toned filters wich emphasized the fur's brown undertones. Nowaday she uses more warm toned filters which emphasizes the orange undertones. I think people are going way too far with that story.

Even more, Rosie's face stays the same in those pictures. Her eyes, nose and mouth don't change at all. She even keeps her little habit to stick out her tongue on her left side.

Edited by Lachesis

Posted

Maybe I am wrong but I feel like Tay use to get Rosie all pampered all the time and these days ... she doesn't? 😞 I feel like there is less focus on Rosie and her new hair styles than before. 

Posted

Maybe I am wrong but I feel like Tay use to get Rosie all pampered all the time and these days ... she doesn't? 😞 I feel like there is less focus on Rosie and her new hair styles than before. 

I did notice/feel that Rosie has been looking a bit... sloppy I guess lately? Her fur/cut imo doesn't look by far as good as it used to. Or maybe it's just the lack of accesories lately idk

Posted

I did notice/feel that Rosie has been looking a bit... sloppy I guess lately? Her fur/cut imo doesn't look by far as good as it used to. Or maybe it's just the lack of accesories lately idk

Poodle coats take a lot more care than people really thing tbh and I think she's just not putting as much care into her coat as she was before.

Posted

Before, Taylor sent her to a professional for her grooming but now she does it herself. Maybe because she moved and don't have any groomer (is that a real word?) that understands english, maybe because it was too bothersome, who knows? She doesn't even use the little costumes she has for Rosie. Some were gifts from Sharla and subsribers but they're all feeding the moths somewhere.

Posted

Before, Taylor sent her to a professional for her grooming but now she does it herself. Maybe because she moved and don't have any groomer (is that a real word?) that understands english, maybe because it was too bothersome, who knows? She doesn't even use the little costumes she has for Rosie. Some were gifts from Sharla and subsribers but they're all feeding the moths somewhere.

Groomer is the correct word. And yes it does seem that would be the problem and why her trims don't look great anymore since it's not done by someone who knows how to properly do any poodle cuts.

Posted

My toy poodle lived for a very long time. She was about ~18, ~19 when she passed. Maybe even older. (She was a rescue and already a couple of years old when we adopted her, not sure how old she was since her owner just dumped her into a dumpster and left her there. We suspect she was from a puppy mill.) The end of her life, the last year wasn't easy for her, since she had gotten dementia, and started to develop health problems like arthritis and cancer. But that was only the last year, she had never had any other issues besides her losing a couple of teeth later on. She was also very anxious and attached, which we presumed to be from her abandonment.

I think Rosie is fine, she's just a little more delicate.

It's also probably worth mentioning that my poodle changed colors. She was snow white when we got her, then she turned beigey, orangey, and then eventually became a light peachy color.

Posted

or maybe the checks stopped clearing...:hmm:

Posted

Does anyone know what Taylor does with Rosie when she's away on vacation? I feel like she mentioned it before but I can't remember.

On a side note, in Taylor's most recent vid she mentions that Rosie is sick right now and has diarrhea:alpacaworry: