• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Rosie!

157 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

as the videos thread is super long (over 500 pages!) I thought maybe having specific topics would make it easier to navigate through...

As Rosie is a recurring subject, thought starting a new thread would make it easier! From aww-ing, questions on her breed, to concerns and angry comments, feel free to post here!

This is Rosie!

Edited by Ambie

Posted

Rosie is still alive? How old is she now, ~4 years? I honestly only check up on Taylor every once in a while to see how Rosie is doing because I didn't expect her to live past 3 years, at least not without serious complications.. 

though I can't help but find Rosie ridiculous cute *_* sigh

Btw does anyone know Rosie's height?

Posted

Rosie is still alive? How old is she now, ~4 years? I honestly only check up on Taylor every once in a while to see how Rosie is doing because I didn't expect her to live past 3 years, at least not without serious complications.. 

though I can't help but find Rosie ridiculous cute *_* sigh

Btw does anyone know Rosie's height?

I have a theory that Taylor replaced "Rosie" 2 years ago before moving to Japan....

Posted

I was wondering if anyone knew of the specific complications toy poodles tend to have? I know that most purebreds have medical complications due to overbreeding (ex: bulldogs have serious breathing and hip issues) and I was wondering what issues toy poodles face:alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

Well I can tell you that overall the breed of poodles doesn't come up very often in my classes (vet school), goldens, German shepherds and Great Daines come up far more. In so far as these small dogs it mostly has to do with problems in their bone development, being too immature when they finish growing etc. With Rosie we saw that in her luxating patellas. Otherwise much larger dogs have far more problems than our smaller dogs. Little dogs also tend to get problems with their blood glucose level and need to be fed frequently. Overall, that's about the gist of it.

Edited by Puggies

Posted

I have a theory that Taylor replaced "Rosie" 2 years ago before moving to Japan....

What do you mean? :0 Is that why the colors look different?

Posted

Well I can tell you that overall the breed of poodles doesn't come up very often in my classes (vet school), goldens, German shepherds and Great Daines come up far more. In so far as these small dogs it mostly has to do with problems in their bone development, being too immature when they finish growing etc. With Rosie we saw that in her luxating patellas. Otherwise much larger dogs have far more problems than our smaller dogs. Little dogs also tend to get problems with their blood glucose level and need to be fed frequently. Overall, that's about the gist of it.

How long do you think Rosie will live? That's something I've been really wondering about ..

Posted

How long do you think Rosie will live? That's something I've been really wondering about ..

I found this:

IMG_20170507_070721.thumb.jpg.c6d6a375b6So, they live long if they're healthy, but with health complications, that longevity will be cut short.

Posted

Tiny dogs tend to have problems with their teeth and bones but other then that they can live for a looong time.

Posted

I hate to ask but.... how 'bad' are dogs of Rosie's breed really? Previously people in Taylor R topics made it sound like Rosie came from a very bad place from inhumane breeders. Saying how teacup breeds live their lives in pain and die a very early death compared to larger breeds. Taylor was supposedly a horrible person who didn't care about animals for purchasing Rosie, but honestly the things mentioned above sound like teacup breeds are just like any other breed from any size that are vulnerable to certain complications/conditions..? 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by mistypoison

Posted (edited)

I hate to ask but.... how 'bad' are dogs of Rosie's breed really? Previously people in Taylor R topics made it sound like Rosie came from a very bad place from inhumane breeders. Saying how teacup breeds live their lives in pain and die a very early death compared to larger breeds. Taylor was supposedly a horrible person who didn't care about animals for purchasing Rosie, but honestly the things mentioned above sound like teacup breeds are just like any other breed from any size that are vulnerable to certain complications/conditions..? 

I want to explain but my English sucks so here is an article that explains what is bad about teacup breeds.https://terriblyterrier.com/teacup-dogs/

Of course there are a lot of other breeds that are bad. But I think teacup dogs have the worst condition.

Edited by MyenglishSucks

Posted

Just like every breed they have their problems but honestly these little guys tend to die of old age diseases like heart failure etc. So they usually live for a long time.

Posted

I seriously always think rosie feels like she is going to die soon whenever she comes up. it seems like never ending problems for her and she looks like her bones would snap if you accidentally rested your hand on her or something. her bones seem so brittle.

Just like every breed they have their problems but honestly these little guys tend to die of old age diseases like heart failure etc. So they usually live for a long time.

that's relieving. taylor obviously loves her very much, so I hope rosie will live her full life.

Posted

Tiny dogs tend to have problems with their teeth and bones but other then that they can live for a looong time.

My family used to have a bichon frise ( more info on Bichon vs toy poodle: http://dogs.petbreeds.com/compare/24-194/Bichon-Frise-vs-Toy-Poodle ) and I think she was similar size to Rosie or a tiny bit larger. She didn't have much issues asides from bone/hip issues (couldn't/shouldn't jump off things, much like Rosie). And of course there's regular old dog things like worsening eyesight. She was a good dog.

Overall these types of dogs are great. They do tend to bark a lot though + there's a lot of upkeep.