• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Suzy Hanson/Mortem3r

33 posts in this topic

Posted

In th past I was a huge fan of her husband even before he started YouTube. When game grumps started I heard about her channel and decided to watch it. I wasn't heavily into beauty back then as I am now so I copied her tutorials a lot but faded away after some time past. There is huge controversy on Reddit but I really haven't seen anything on here so what are your thoughts on her?

Main channel

https://m.youtube.com/user/mortem3r

Gaming 

https://m.youtube.com/c/kittykatgaming

Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mort3mer/media

Instagram

http://instagram.com/mortemer

Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/Mortem3r/

Posted

What's the controversy about her?

I don't really care for Suzy, I heard about her from Egoraptor, but I don't even watch his channels anymore so she just slipped out of my memory.

Posted

This is pretty old, but there is this "urban legend" that she was the Yoko Ono of Game Grumps. Something on the lines that Jon Tron was interested on her and then some sh*it happened. Then Jon and Egoraptor fighted and decided to part ways.

I'm pretty sure I read that on Reddit, but I have no proof at all. Sorry.

Posted (edited)

This is pretty old, but there is this "urban legend" that she was the Yoko Ono of Game Grumps. Something on the lines that Jon Tron was interested on her and then some sh*it happened. Then Jon and Egoraptor fighted and decided to part ways.

I'm pretty sure I read that on Reddit, but I have no proof at all. Sorry.

iirc Jon had a gf at the time so it was more along the lines of the girls didn't get along, so Jon didn't get along with her and because Suzy was kinda... a manager?? of Grumps before or at least she was an anchor and would try to keep people in check, this would clash with Jon. The "yoko ono" comment and other vague comments was Nicole, the gf, being petty on a stream chat

tumblr_inline_mza6yd2XDZ1qgg6om.png

tbh im still irked till this day that ppl are still trying to pin the blame on Suzy. Like, Suzy has her faults (ex: iirc she was lying on her etsy store in the past) but based on the shit Jon has been saying these days and how easily he snaps or victimizes himself when he gets corrected or argued with, it wouldn't surprise me if it was solely a Jon thing. Grumps fanbase still think too highly of Jon and too low of Suzy lol 

edit: here's the etsy scandal I was talking about

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyGrumps/comments/30bhdf/proof_of_suzys_dishonesty_suzys_etsy_scam/

Edited by PurinPrincess

Posted (edited)

Edited by ChocolateBunny

Posted

Can't forget that she's a big ol' racist too
The tweet has since been deleted but this was the link https://twitter.com/Mort3mer/status/9460545951

1484731577220.jpeg

A personal gripe I have with her content is she spends a lot of money on clothes and makes look book style videos but then is never seen wearing the clothes again. So people think she has a really cool style but she legit just wears T-shirts and jeans (and there's nothing wrong with doing that but the way she brands herself as fashionable just feels misleading)

I remember her saying "cops=good people" on twitter once after another black guy got shot

I know this issue is really controversial, but I hope we can all agree that you can't generalize every cop as a good person.

I think Suzy got caught reselling things on etsy too, right?

Posted

I cant stand Suzy because she's an attention whore and a special snowflake. 

She got caught reselling shit on Etsy for huge markups, she'd buy wholesale frames, wholesale dead bugs and literally frame them (which you can do yourself) and sell them for like $90 which the original materials cost her $5. Same with necklaces she had as well. 

Another thing is she made her own gaming channel and used to make out it was 'hard out here' for a 'girl gamer' and is regularly abusive and shit in her streams (i refuse to watch but have been told she abuses teammates if she's losing and being a shit winner if she wins and is just generally TERRIBLE) 

She also photoshops herself heavily, she's put on a lot of weight over the last 2 or so years but still filters the crap out of herself. Basically she's a lying scammer with a bad streaming channel and she ruined Game Grumps. (Jon's a toxic asshole now but i'll still say GG was much better with him in it)

Posted

Does she really use photoshop? I feel so naive now... I thought it was just a ton of makeup. When I saw her twin sister for the first time, I thoght she was "the pretty one" because of the makeup. Suzy paints herself to look cartoonish. That's a style choice, but, yeah....

LWA9q.gif

Also @PurinPrincess Thanks for the link! 

Posted

Does she really use photoshop? I feel so naive now... I thought it was just a ton of makeup. When I saw her twin sister for the first time, I thoght she was "the pretty one" because of the makeup. Suzy paints herself to look cartoonish. That's a style choice, but, yeah....

LWA9q.gif

Also @PurinPrincess Thanks for the link! 

Look at lolcow, her photos are definitely altered with filters/shopped bcuz she looks nothing like her candids. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 5.53.15 pm.png

i dunno how i feel about this tweet

she's racist cuz she's losing lol

Posted

isnt it also true that she is REALLY trying super fucking hard to milk game grumps or that stupid channel so she can promote herself, her content, her makeup/clothes, etc?

like... shes only on Game Grumps via her husband. She's literally there by extension. 

Posted

isnt it also true that she is REALLY trying super fucking hard to milk game grumps or that stupid channel so she can promote herself, her content, her makeup/clothes, etc?

like... shes only on Game Grumps via her husband. She's literally there by extension. 

the reddit post i linked earlier kinda goes into this. Arin stated Suzy has actually questioned whether or not she should continue appearing on Grumps because of the negativity/assumptions like these. Arin's actually the one that's pushed for her to promote herself/her shop. 

also about the cop comment, Suzy's mom is or was a cop so of course she's really biased. 

Posted

I personally think that Suzy doesn't belong on the show. In the early days, Jon and Arin would briefly mention her and she'd play games with Arin during Valentines Day, but she's unfunny and bad at video games, so what's the point of having her as a permanent grump?

On a side note, Barry was better as an editor, Kevin was a shit editor, and I don't even know any of the new Grumps because I lost hope in the show a long time ago.

Posted

Is like social suicide to respond to your own topic? Anyway someone one said but the post has been long since deleted that she only went back to Arin because he was famous and the "crazy boyfriend " was to make it look less suspicious why she dumped him so fast and went running back to Arin. I think it was at the time Arin started YouTube but I don't know exactly when they started paying YouTubers. Anyone know? Her meeperfish channel happened when they weren't together but dropped almost immediately after getting back together. Please tell me this isn't true or otherwise she also a gold digger.