• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

facebook joanneneko/smallicecoffee

1032 posts in this topic

Posted

doubt it. 

I've worked part time jobs here and I didn't make that much money. Maybe I would be able to live off what I made if I lived in a goshiwon (aka basically a broom closet) but I strongly doubt she would live in a goshiwon with her attitude.

she's without a doubt finessing her way around

OT:

OMFG IM SO SORRY BUT I LOVE YOUR NAME AND YOUR DP I HAD TO POINT THAT OUT

anyways lmfaooo the pd101 s2 trainees barely have the time or money to eat proper food wtf

Posted

i think she has a pathological lying disorder tbh

Posted (edited)

She just seems quite insecure and begging for validation from everyone and particulary the wrong ones aka korean fuckboys, fake ass gangnam club people and her facebook/instagram koreaboo followers...sad:alpacaworry:

Edited by prism

Posted

Wow, 34 whole people who care enough about my life to make an entire 12 page thread in which you all somehow find the time, and energy to dig back through 7 years worth of posts?? I'm honestly incredibly impressed, and creeped out, and a little flattered that this many people care about me enough to make this.

That being said I'll address a few things. I took that time to read through all these comments and reflect on my own behavior and views and wanted to clear up a few things.

* As many of you have stated, I don't have that many followers, so why bother even creating a thread about a nobody like me?
* I am now 21, those tumblr screencaps were from MANY years ago when I was around 14-15, I haven't touched tumblr in many years, it IS true that when I was younger and in my teens I was a huge fuckin koreaboo and weeaboo, I've since stopped following kpop and jpop and anime avidly and only keep up with friends who are doing music in Korea ie. Varsity and whatnot
* I accept some of the criticisms that I am sometimes rude, bitchy, hard to get along with, harsh, slightly racist - I can understand why you'd think that and I agree that I'm sometimes a horrid bitch, I've never claimed myself to be an upright, kind, sweet person. I KNOW I'm terrible.
* I used to work as an English teacher, I also used to do hostess bar work - illegally indeed. I have since switched VISAs and am currently working with a travel agency here in Seoul. YES I lied about hostess work because at the time, I was indeed working illegally.
* My mother is Viet/French. My father is Chinese/Viet. I am technically 1/4 French but that's quite a bit to tell people so I usually just go with Viet/French because it's easier to identify with. YES when I was younger, 14 or so, I lied in a bio about being Japanese. YES I lied in ONE comment thread about being part Korean because another commenter was making derogatory remarks when she herself was not even of Asian descent. Was it wrong? Probably. I should have been more honest but this IS the internet you know. 
* There were 2 PD101 boys that night, they were with other female friends and my friend and I were also drinking at their table, which is where I met one of the boys. However, seeing as I don't want to ruin his career, I don't want to out who it is. He is NOT underaged, and still remains as someone I associate with.
*The reason why I know, see, and meet so many models out is, at the same club priorly mentioned, models are known to frequent there. I also did a stint of work in commerical modeling in the past and ocassionally where I met many of them.
* I do NOT think I'm EXCEPTIONALLY good looking and I was indeed an ugly kid. The screen shots and videos were again, from many years ago, I don't look like that anymore as you can see if you stalk my more recent instagram videos.
*Doing hostess work in Gangnam opened a lot of doors to meeting celebrities, that part wasn't a lie, it's also quite common for men and women who do night work to often run into celebrities.
*I'm fuckin short, I'm 5ft nothin - you guys are right to assume I'm a midget
* I had a stint with a small entertainment company 2 years ago, but dropped out very quickly because it was a sketchy company.
* Zach Choi, I dated long distance for a few months, also 2-3 years ago, and lived with for about 1 month in LA. 
*When I first got to Korea, I was homeless because a teaching agency scammed me and I was out of money a while, so I stayed with people I barely knew for about 2 weeks until I found different work.
*Also, rape is not something I would never joke about. Being raped is, and was a life event that will stick with me, and any other victim of sexual crime for life. It's not a light topic, and I would never disrespect other rape victims by lying about my own experiences. The reason I spoke up, was because I've done my healing and I wanted to share an experience and bring attention to an issue that hurts so many women.

I could have gotten angry, could have messaged a moderator and asked to take this down, but I think that some of your points about me are completely right and that I still have a lot of improvement to do in terms of my own growth. 

SIDE NOTE: Shit, y'all right af tho, that one selfie of me is creepy AF. Yeah. I should also fix my bangs, I know, ok? I GET OILY SOMETIMES, IT GETS STRINGY, THIS IS TRUE. Bottom line is, I hate myself more than any of you could ever hate me so this thread didn't really offend me as I've most likely thought all this and so much more lowly of myself before. However, unlike all of you hiding behind a username and pretending you;re perfect angels and talking about others who probably don't even know you exist....I'm using my own screenname and owning up to the mistakes I've made, and the hate I've put out in moments of anger. That WAS wrong on my part and I need to recognize that and strive to be a better individual. 

Posted

Wow, 34 whole people who care enough about my life to make an entire 12 page thread in which you all somehow find the time, and energy to dig back through 7 years worth of posts?? I'm honestly incredibly impressed, and creeped out, and a little flattered that this many people care about me enough to make this.

That being said I'll address a few things. I took that time to read through all these comments and reflect on my own behavior and views and wanted to clear up a few things.

* As many of you have stated, I don't have that many followers, so why bother even creating a thread about a nobody like me?
* I am now 21, those tumblr screencaps were from MANY years ago when I was around 14-15, I haven't touched tumblr in many years, it IS true that when I was younger and in my teens I was a huge fuckin koreaboo and weeaboo, I've since stopped following kpop and jpop and anime avidly and only keep up with friends who are doing music in Korea ie. Varsity and whatnot
* I accept some of the criticisms that I am sometimes rude, bitchy, hard to get along with, harsh, slightly racist - I can understand why you'd think that and I agree that I'm sometimes a horrid bitch, I've never claimed myself to be an upright, kind, sweet person. I KNOW I'm terrible.
* I used to work as an English teacher, I also used to do hostess bar work - illegally indeed. I have since switched VISAs and am currently working with a travel agency here in Seoul. YES I lied about hostess work because at the time, I was indeed working illegally.
* My mother is Viet/French. My father is Chinese/Viet. I am technically 1/4 French but that's quite a bit to tell people so I usually just go with Viet/French because it's easier to identify with. YES when I was younger, 14 or so, I lied in a bio about being Japanese. YES I lied in ONE comment thread about being part Korean because another commenter was making derogatory remarks when she herself was not even of Asian descent. Was it wrong? Probably. I should have been more honest but this IS the internet you know. 
* There were 2 PD101 boys that night, they were with other female friends and my friend and I were also drinking at their table, which is where I met one of the boys. However, seeing as I don't want to ruin his career, I don't want to out who it is. He is NOT underaged, and still remains as someone I associate with.
*The reason why I know, see, and meet so many models out is, at the same club priorly mentioned, models are known to frequent there. I also did a stint of work in commerical modeling in the past and ocassionally where I met many of them.
* I do NOT think I'm EXCEPTIONALLY good looking and I was indeed an ugly kid. The screen shots and videos were again, from many years ago, I don't look like that anymore as you can see if you stalk my more recent instagram videos.
*Doing hostess work in Gangnam opened a lot of doors to meeting celebrities, that part wasn't a lie, it's also quite common for men and women who do night work to often run into celebrities.
* I had a stint with a small entertainment company 2 years ago, but dropped out very quickly because it was a sketchy company.
* Zach Choi, I dated long distance for a few months, also 2-3 years ago, and lived with for about 1 month in LA. 
*When I first got to Korea, I was homeless because a teaching agency scammed me and I was out of money a while, so I stayed with people I barely knew for about 2 weeks until I found different work.
*Also, rape is not something I would never joke about. Being raped is, and was a life event that will stick with me, and any other victim of sexual crime for life. It's not a light topic, and I would never disrespect other rape victims by lying about my own experiences. The reason I spoke up, was because I've done my healing and I wanted to share an experience and bring attention to an issue that hurts so many women.

I could have gotten angry, could have messaged a moderator and asked to take this down, but I think that some of your points about me are completely right and that I still have a lot of improvement to do in terms of my own growth. 

I've never posted on your thread before.  I actually don't know anything about your stuff.  I've never even heard of you until your post on your thread popped up in the sidebar of PULL.  

I understand why you might feel defensive. You're not the first person to post on their own PULL thread.  However, as I've felt on those cases like now, it's generally a bad idea.  It's not against the rules or anything.  

It's always done under the "I want to clear some things up" and it never really does that.  

Most people on PULL and lolcow are aware these are gossip sites.  Unless concrete proof is shown of some kind of manipulative behavior or lying ect, you won't get updated to actual snowflake based on hearsay.  Even then, your fans are unlikely to abandon you.  

Only in cases like K3 where RJ made a video going after her behavior, have I ever seen a bunch of fans abandon the person they idolize.  This will hardly effect your fan base.  

You can do as you want. I'm sure a lot of the posters here will actually be thrilled if you are the real Joanneko (sorry we do get people who fake accounts so some will want further proof). 

However, I think doing this will in the end hurt more than help.  

Posted

I've never posted on your thread before.  I actually don't know anything about your stuff.  I've never even heard of you until your post on your thread popped up in the sidebar of PULL.  

I understand why you might feel defensive. You're not the first person to post on their own PULL thread.  However, as I've felt on those cases like now, it's generally a bad idea.  It's not against the rules or anything.  

It's always done under the "I want to clear some things up" and it never really does that.  

Most people on PULL and lolcow are aware these are gossip sites.  Unless concrete proof is shown of some kind of manipulative behavior or lying ect, you won't get updated to actual snowflake based on hearsay.  Even then, your fans are unlikely to abandon you.  

Only in cases like K3 where RJ made a video going after her behavior, have I ever seen a bunch of fans abandon the person they idolize.  This will hardly effect your fan base.  

You can do as you want. I'm sure a lot of the posters here will actually be thrilled if you are the real Joanneko (sorry we do get people who fake accounts so some will want further proof). 

However, I think doing this will in the end hurt more than help.  

Noted, I wouldn't call anyone a "fan" though, it's hard to have fans when you're a nobody on the internet afterall. Though yes, 34 people out of the 13,000 or so that follow my SNS accounts probably won't hurt me much. I can guarantee I hate myself more than they all ever could so that's also fine. I honestly thought my own thread pointed out some really hilarious truths about me. 

Posted

Noted, I wouldn't call anyone a "fan" though, it's hard to have fans when you're a nobody on the internet afterall. Though yes, 34 people out of the 13,000 or so that follow my SNS accounts probably won't hurt me much. I can guarantee I hate myself more than they all ever could so that's also fine. I honestly thought my own thread pointed out some really hilarious truths about me. 

I think that would be a healthier way to look at it.  They caused you to think about some things in a different light.  

It's a sign of getting more popular that you a person has a gossip thread about them at all.  It's like free advertising.  Some people go out of their way to try and create their own threads on PULL just to fuel views and stuff.  

The mods have often had to lock threads for that reason.  

"
I can guarantee I hate myself more than they all ever could so that's also fine."

If that's the case, I'd be a lot more concerned about putting yourself out in public than anything people post here.  

It seems to be a common thing among a lot of the social media crowd.  I feel like people vlog on you tube or do photos of themselves on instagram to fill in a hole in their heart that reality doesn't do.  

The most secure people I know on instagram mainly seem to take photos of their food with "look what I ate today".  

The most insecure ironically seem to take a photo of themselves and say "look what I wore today!"  

It opens them to both good and bad feedback.  

I don't think you should stop doing whatever you do (I haven't read through your thread, but are you an instagram star?) if it makes you happy.  However, if it makes your self-hate more intense then I think you should be more concerned with that.  

I've seen so many people with severe depression and anxiety become "vloggers" or "instagram stars" and it's like putting an alcoholic in a bar.  It makes all their mental issues 10x worse, but they do it because it gives a temporary fix when their fans say "you're so beautiful!" and "I love you".  

But then they can't stand the small percent of people who say "You ain't beautiful!" and "wtf is this?"  

Anyhow, best of luck on whatever you choose.  I hope you find a healthy way to manage that self-hate and find real happiness.  :)  

Posted

SIDE NOTE: Shit, y'all right af tho, that one selfie of me is creepy AF. Yeah. I should also fix my bangs, I know, ok? I GET OILY SOMETIMES, IT GETS STRINGY, THIS IS TRUE. Bottom line is, I hate myself more than any of you could ever hate me so this thread didn't really offend me as I've most likely thought all this and so much more lowly of myself before. However, unlike all of you hiding behind a username and pretending you;re perfect angels and talking about others who probably don't even know you exist....I'm using my own screenname and owning up to the mistakes I've made, and the hate I've put out in moments of anger. That WAS wrong on my part and I need to recognize that and strive to be a better individual. 

None of us consider ourselves perfect angels. We called you out on your shit. We don't care if no one knows we exist, that's not the point of a forum discussing what internet personalities do that warrant criticism.

Posted

34, 34, 34 whole people commented on this thread, and one of them was me, wow! And to address this: "...who care enough about my life to make an entire 12 page threadwhy are you so surprised this happened? Like you said, you put yourself out there. This is bound to happen because your social media accounts are for public viewing. Anyways, that's besides the point that I wanted to make.

I commented on this thread about like, three times and the first post I ever made was about your behavior of calling out weeaboos & koreaboos even though you were no different from them. I was seriously pissed by your behavior because you ACT like you're personally offended, when you really are in no position to be. As I already said, I too, am sick and tired of when people who are fans of Korean and Japanese pop culture seem to think or believe that what they see in the media from this particular country is what defines this entire country, which is totally not true. I do think that you are allowed to be angry by these kinds of people, however, don't act as if you are better than them since you were once just like them AND don't act as if your culture is being stereotyped when you are not Japanese or Korean. You can tell such people how harmful and gross their behaviors are, but you must also acknowledge that you were once in their shoes and have learned from it and that they should too. Don't make your "callout" posts or whatever seem like you are more superior because you were able to 'grow up' while the others weren't able to (although it may or may not have been your intention to sound like a bitch, that's what came out of it). What I'm trying to say is, whenever you talk about weaboos or koreaboos, you make it sound as if you've never been one, WHICH is definitely not true. Hell, I know I'm no angel, but you aren't either, babe. 

And to address your other points; I don't give a fuck if you work illegally (people do it all time, they gotta make a living somehow), or if your hair gets oily (hell, mine does too), or how many boys hit on you in clubs, or even your dating life, etc. I just hated the fact you were a hypocrite when it came to your weaboo/koreaboo phase and the fact that you lied about being Japanese and Korean, which makes me sad, because as a Southeast Asian, like you, I am quite proud of my blood and you should be too. Other than this, I don't think I ever engaged much in your thread about the other things people have discussed here. 

Lastly, as another user has already said, I know you meant for your comment to be some sort of clarification or answer to the things people discussed here, but it sounded like you wanted to get back at the PULL users by saying stuff like 'hiding behind a username' because LMFAO, "this IS the internet you know" 

Posted

if i can also add my grain of salt and give some advices, you should try to love yourself more and dont depreciate you that much, maybe put your facebook on private and surround yourself with good and honest people you can actually trust and make real friendship with, so you will be able to talk to them instead of ranting on internet and say offensive things when you get mad

Living abroad is hard and you are still young but going to clubs every weekend and hook up with fuckboi will only make you feel more and more disappointed and worthless. Most of the koreans never really make true friendship with foreigners, we are just fancy prop they like to show around, or practice english with. Working as hostess, having no visa, clubbing and drinking a lot, bashing people around, bragging too much, hang out with guys all the time, these things all together are making your environment quite toxic and you are obviously not happy with yourself. I think you maybe ran away to Korea, expecting the country to solve all your problems back home but it didnt go as good as expected. Anyway its a good thing you are willing to improve and you finally got a proper visa.

Posted

i think it's a rule to not use your personal usernames on PULL bc it counts as self promoting; which is forbidden i believe? 

and tbh you still seem like a koreaboo...

+ also suprised you're still associated with the P101 contestant ( in which you didn't know who he was at the time of making out) after stating that you don't want backlash and saying, "TDLR kpop idols are hoes too"; after making a status about pathetic white girls with asian fetishes making out with ugly korean guys, living up to their reputation as a 'basic american slut.'

so are you not a 'basic american slut'  if you made out with a good looking stranger? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Kids, remember, don't feed the white knights lol

Posted

I like how the WKs/discussed person always comes to revive a dead thread. lol 

Posted

I like how the WKs/discussed person always comes to revive a dead thread. lol 

Oh, wow.  I don't realize this was a dead thread before.  That is shady.  :/