• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

DaddyOFive

333 posts in this topic

Posted

First time making a thread :megusta:  so bear with me if I sound awkward or there's not enough information (and if it breaks the rules in any sort of way)

Phil's video inspired me to make this thread, it'd be a good idea to watch it after reading as it sums up the issue better than me.

DaddyOFive is a family prank channel with questionable parenting skills.

Links:

Youtube

2nd Channel

Gaming Channel

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

They've been receiving a lot of hate recently after posting this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMf7HibATNg

They play a prank on one of their kids, Cody which results in him in crying, like many of the other pranks they have played on him. Thus people speculated they abuse their children or atleast Cody. 

After receiving said hate they uploaded a video explaining the situation and saying 'it's just a prank bro'.

(Refer to Phil's video explaining the situation as it contains clips of Cody crying and screaming and also being shouted at.)

Posted (edited)

Wow.  That prank video was hard to watch and I think that is definitely abuse.  The kids look traumatized and if they keep pulling this prank shit, it's really going to mess up those kids up down the line 

Edited by Songofsiren

Posted

saw Phil's vid this morning too. it was traumatizing to watch. i feel sorry for Cody; the kid is constantly being put under stressful situation all the time and it's not good for his brain and his psychological development. what kind of adults playing such pranks with kids i never understand. smh

Posted

Holy shit. They took pranking a kid to a whole new level of verbal abuse and it is also psychological abuse.
Damn....I feel bad for the little boy. This is cruel. :( 

Posted

This is absolutely disgusting. I don't need CPS to tell me that they're both physically and emotionally abusing their kids. This is the most disgusting use of the "it's just a prank bro" excuse that I've ever seen.

You can't take the kids' word for it, because kids don't know how they're supposed to be treated. Most abused kids will think that what they're going through is normal or "someone has it worse."

Also, it says a lot about their level of maturity to block all criticism and actual concerns and brush it off as "haters"

Posted

Also, being yelled at with such harsh swear words is rather horrible for such youngsters.
My schizophrenic brother grew up calling me a "dumbass" my whole childhood...and even that had a bad effect on my sense of self worth and made me grow up questioning if I was very stupid. 

But parents doing this? Urgh. How can they justify swearing like that and causing emotional distress for their kids?! It's not funny. 

Posted

I'm not going to watch their actual video since I don't think I can handle it + I don't want to give them views. But I watched Phil's and honestly that is abuse. And it's very.... concerning how one of the kids said "at least you're not beating us like other parents".. Well maybe they're not beating them (even though pushing a child into a bookcase is definitely physical) but imo emotional/mental abuse is worse most of the time. Of course physical abuse can also lead to mental problems but that's not always the case you know. 

Do you guys think the parents actually don't consider what they're doing abusive or do you think they know but are making those excuses just for their audience?

Posted

I saw them doing a prank ages ago and something didn't feel right then, I didn't know their whole channel was built on these sort of pranks.
I know this is jumping to a huge conclusion but if the prank is anything to go by they could have threatened the kids to say they are fine with the pranks while they are on camera, just because a kid says they're fine with it doesn't mean they actually are. I used to do the same and pretend something was great when it wasn't to avoid consequences. 

Just hearing the woman say she's already been checked out by social services rings huge alarm bells for me, something just doesn't feel right. 

Posted (edited)

Holy shit. They took pranking a kid to a whole new level of verbal abuse and it is also psychological abuse.
Damn....I feel bad for the little boy. This is cruel. :( 

It like the prank with Jinx or i think it was his brother but somehow this is worst than that. WTF is wrong with people?

and just to claify i mean that the Jinx prank with is gf kids was fucked up and this was just as bad if not worst than what happen with Jinx

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

I couldn't take it after the first minute (aka 5 seconds of screaming) because it was so hardcore and intense. It's horrible to do that to a child, whether or not it was a joke. 

Coming from a very Asian family, I haven't even seen such a level of screaming, and that's saying a lot. They need to be punished somehow for possibly damaging their children's mental states. 

Posted

Watched Phil's video, & holy fuck that was painful to watch. This absolutely is abuse, emotional & mental, imo even physical. The part with the bookcase got me the worst. I feel so sad for these kids... simply put, these are two trashy ass rednecks trying to make a buck off their children's emotional suffering. It's SICK. 

Posted

I feel so bad for the kids like damn, that's abuse. The children are clearly NOT happy with the "prank" and the parents were still laughing at how they reacted,like what the fuck? There is nothing funny about a child going through a mental breakdown.

Posted

My head hurts when I see this level of idiocy. In Russia they'd lose their parental rights in a blink after making a video like that. Hope they'll get punished for abusing their kids like that.