• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

LGBT+ problems and talk

252 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmh, if there is a thread like this one already, please link it!

I wanted to make this for LGBT+ people who wanna talk about their problems and maybe get solutions, or just pour their hearts out. 

Me: Basically, this came upon my mind because currently I am struggling a shitton with my identity (Race, culture AND sexuality. Especially since I wear the hijab culturally only. That shit makes a lot even more complicated) and luckily I have internet friends who help me out and people in real life who I trust but some don't have anywhere to talk to others about their problems. No matter if you are trans, bi, lesbian, gay, pan, whatever. 

I will try to stay active on this one!

(If this is in any way against the rules, feel free to lock this!)

Posted (edited)

[DELETED CONTENT]

Edited by Jethro
put it under spoiler, because I deleted what it said

Posted (edited)

I'm polyamorous and I want to be open about it so bad, I want to gush about my 2 loving partners and how special and loved I feel and photos of us but the amount of backlash is just not worth it. It's not like I wanted two partners, I had a long term one and fell in love again and it just turned into what it is today. We're happy and I want to be more open about it but people will probably just call me a weird mormon/polygamist/etc but its nothing like that at all.

I can't stress enough that I thought I was monogamous for so long but I found love again and us 3 are happy :alpacadone: the tiny handful of people who know are supportive but I wanna be more open.

Edited by MarshmallowCloud
vaguing it a bit so people cant guess.

Posted

Hi! Not really part of the LGBT community, just...curious about something.

What do the LGBT community think of people who transcend to the opposite gender, but stick to uhhh liking people from the same gender as their transcended gender?

By that, I mean, man into transgender woman but still liking women (and not men). Are they still considered "gay" even though they still like (as in romantically/sexually) the opposite gender from their original gender? Or are they just considered trans?

Sorry, I meant no offense with this question. Just really curious.

Posted

Hi! Not really part of the LGBT community, just...curious about something.

What do the LGBT community think of people who transcend to the opposite gender, but stick to uhhh liking people from the same gender as their transcended gender?

By that, I mean, man into transgender woman but still liking women (and not men). Are they still considered "gay" even though they still like (as in romantically/sexually) the opposite gender from their original gender? Or are they just considered trans?

Sorry, I meant no offense with this question. Just really curious.

To me if a FtM man likes men, he's gay; that's the definition of being gay, that a man prefers his sexual partners to be men. If anyone said "no they're not gay" then that'd be transphobic, i.e. they're implying that trans men aren't "real men". Same rule goes for women.

I will qualify my reply with this however: I won't out myself here but as much as I am on the LGBTQA+ spectrum, I don't like participating in a lot of LGBT+ things because it seems to be just another social dynamic to navigate and it tires me out (like bi people are "just confused" and "not really LGBT+" because they can pass for straight if they want to, or like how asexuals are "broken" or "just straight but celibate" yada yada yada), so I can't speak for the community itself with my answer.

Posted (edited)

[DELETED CONTENT]

Edited by Jethro
put it under spoiler, because I deleted what it said

Posted

so this is not really a problem. i don't consider it as one, but my friend does. she asked me a few years back-- what if I had/have a bf that is secretly gay-- he's not cheating or anything he's just gay...just not out, i guess. 

my answer- it's okay. 

that's it. am i still considered straight or...? 

Posted

I a m pansexual and genderqueer and my mom is far from accepting it. I currently have a girlfriend and I am scared to tell her about it

Posted

Im bi and i think theres too many terms in the community. What i believe:

you're either straight/gay/lesbian/bi. I don't believe in pansexuals, demisexuals, any other sexuals that are out there. All this new shit is confusing and stupid im sorry. Like you either like the same sex or not, thats it. I never really considered myself part of the community because honestly i dont care that much. I don't go to pride, i dont raise the gay flag all over my fb or anything. I just happen to like both genders and thats it. I mean if there were like someone getting picked on infront me that happen to be in the community ofc ill help them but thats about all of my support for the community. 

Honestly no offense but i feel like the community is filled with a bunch of cry babies, or maybe thats just the tumblr wave crashing in. Idk but the community itself puts me off and this is suppose to be my community so i imagine what other people not in the community feel. 

Posted

Seeing posts saying "Bisexuality doesn't exist" nad "Bisexual people doesn't belong in the LGBT community" makes me wanna laugh. What the fuck do you think the "B" in LGBT stands for anyway?? 

Posted

Seeing posts saying "Bisexuality doesn't exist" nad "Bisexual people doesn't belong in the LGBT community" makes me wanna laugh. What the fuck do you think the "B" in LGBT stands for anyway?? 

agreed! I always haven't understood it. Sexuality is extremely fluid and being attracted to more than 1 gender is possible. It also saddens me as many bisexuals have fought for gay rights in many countries and still are , while people don't see them as "legit". We as a "community" shouldn't treat each other like that , the way ignorant people do.

I a m pansexual and genderqueer and my mom is far from accepting it. I currently have a girlfriend and I am scared to tell her about it

I personally would say, don't come out now nor feel like you must do it. It seems like it only would cause problems because you think your mom ain't going to accept it. Just know that you are valid and don't need to come out for that. Take your time and try to stay safe. Good luck hun!

so this is not really a problem. i don't consider it as one, but my friend does. she asked me a few years back-- what if I had/have a bf that is secretly gay-- he's not cheating or anything he's just gay...just not out, i guess. 

my answer- it's okay. 

that's it. am i still considered straight or...? 

if you are female (identify as) and he is male, but gay and in a relationship with you, that doesn't make ye gay! But being accepting and supportive is a beautiful thing!

Posted

I agree I'm tired of this whole spectrum of sexualities that recently surfaced I think people are taking it too far. However that might be related to the fact that I don't want to label myself as anything. I like who I like and that's it, it's not that deep. But when I tell people that they usually don't accept this as an answer. But I just can't give a different answer since I haven't felt any sexual or romantic attraction towards any person but I don't want to say I'm ace because that in my head makes it like a fact that I'm not going to be attracted to anyone ever. Which idk if it's true because I can't see into the future. And sometimes when I don't want to complicate anything and just say I'm asexual people don't think that's real so lmao in general I try to avoid talking about lgbt topics if I see that there's a possibility someone will ask about my own sexuality